✭✭✭
Anyone seen the trailer to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QphnhqVXEek

Jim Carrey is the MAN!

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got back from watching this. Like a lot of Steve Carell films, I found it very watchable and amusing in places but it wasn't hysterically, laugh out loud funny. Olivia Wilde is always easy on the eye and of course Jim Carrey is great in it but it was probably only a three and a half out of five for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I think that this film is alright not an amazing film, but like this review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pPcEDCYWxA#

I agree that Jim Carrey has become the supporting actor now rather than the lead like he used to be and I think he really needs to start thinking about the films he chooses as the last one I remember him leading was Yes Man, and that was a bit meh
  • td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, Jim Carrey is always the lead role, or at least the joint lead role. (Huge fan of his work, by the way!) This is his first film since Batman Forever in 1995 in which he hasn't played at least a version of the main character. He's Colonel Stripes in the upcoming Kick-Ass sequel, so maybe he's finally taking his foot off the gas after all his $20 million-a-movie roles over the years. Saw this film today-pretty good, I thought!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    td1983 wrote: »
    No, Jim Carrey is always the lead role, or at least the joint lead role. (Huge fan of his work, by the way!) This is his first film since Batman Forever in 1995 in which he hasn't played at least a version of the main character. He's Colonel Stripes in the upcoming Kick-Ass sequel, so maybe he's finally taking his foot off the gas after all his $20 million-a-movie roles over the years. Saw this film today-pretty good, I thought!

Kick Ass 2 comic (and presumably movie) spoiler relating to Jim Carrey's character:
    Unless they've increased the amount of screentime for Carrey's character compared to the comic he'll not really be in Kick Ass 2 very much, his character gets killed off in quite a gruesome fashion fairly early on, so if that remains unchanged then it'll just be another supporting role.

As for The Incredible Burt Wonderstone: I saw it on Sunday and really enjoyed it. My expecatations were fairly low after all of the mediocre reviews, but it was actually very enjoyable, Carrey was back to his manic best.