Love Actually

davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I absolutely love this film. I watch it every Christmas a good couple of times. It puts me in such a Christmassy mood! I watched it today :D

Hugh Grant is great as the PM.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Me too. I have it waiting on my V+ box ready for Christmas Eve :)
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's kind of boring, sorry :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch it every christmas eve with the family without fail :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Hi kids... little message from your uncle Billy, don't do drugs... become a pop star and they GIVE YOU THEM FOR FREE!"

:D:D:D
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    :D:D That bit did make me laugh :)
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the story with Emma Thompson, the one with Hugh Grant and the one with Keira Knightley, but the other ones were kinda dull. I hated the nude actors one...just pointless. And the one with the kid was so silly - he was over his mother's death in a matter of weeks and learned the drums that fast too!!
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    I liked the story with Emma Thompson, the one with Hugh Grant and the one with Keira Knightley, but the other ones were kinda dull. I hated the nude actors one...just pointless. And the one with the kid was so silly - he was over his mother's death in a matter of weeks and learned the drums that fast too!!
    :o....it was....But it's still a great Christmas film.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch it just for Julia Davis' little cameo.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,894
    Forum Member
    I hate to be 'that guy', but I detest this film. Utterly hate it.

It's like they found a way to transform actual vomit into a movie experience.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it.

Not only is it very Christmassy but it's one of the few British films (other than the Harry Potter movies) that put Britain in a good light.

imo, the majority of British movies paint Britain as a dreary place and this broke the mould.
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think it's dreadful. emma thompson and laura linney's stories are the only good ones.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    I love it, its a real guilty pleasure for me every Christmas. :)
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Hi kids... little message from your uncle Billy, don't do drugs... become a pop star and they GIVE YOU THEM FOR FREE!"

:D:D:D

Hahaha that is brilliant! :D

I like the fact that it's a feel good British film as well.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    roger_50 wrote: »
    I hate to be 'that guy', but I detest this film. Utterly hate it.

It's like they found a way to transform actual vomit into a movie experience.

What you said
  • Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it, my favourite part is when Alan Rickman is buying that necklace and Rowan Atkinson is taking forever lol
  • TheTrader78TheTrader78 Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good soundtrack!
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching on ITV now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confession Alert***

I've never seen it!!!
    I know its been on tv about a million times but im not sure if its for me.

Is it really THAT good?
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »
    Confession Alert***

I've never seen it!!!
    I know its been on tv about a million times but im not sure if its for me.

Is it really THAT good?

It is pretty cheesy in a lot of respects, but there is something about it that keeps me watching it. Definitely a girly film though, i think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched this for the first time last week and can't say I was impressed, despite generally liking Richard Curtis. I think there are far too many storylines going on with no real focus on any of them, making it very difficult to care about the characters or really be interested in how their stories end (though it's blatantly obvious that they'll get happy endings).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    embryo wrote: »
    I watched this for the first time last week and can't say I was impressed, despite generally liking Richard Curtis. I think there are far too many storylines going on with no real focus on any of them, making it very difficult to care about the characters or really be interested in how their stories end (though it's blatantly obvious that they'll get happy endings).

The Sarah/ Carl story doesn't end happily, I always feel really sad for them.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll go against the grain and say that I really don't like this film. The first time I watched it everyone was saying how brilliant it was so I thought I'd give it another chance a few years ago...but nothing changed. I cant stand Keira who just pouts and puts on a fake giggle in everything.

The nude scenes were not really necessary. Far too many b&c rated actors shoehorned in to get the numbers up. Did Richard Curtis just ask everyone to be in the film and nobody turned it down...so he had to find a small part for them all.

Sorry, rant over, its just a film that I really don't like and I did give it a second chance.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliantly directed and brilliantly edited.

A film for a universal audience as opposed to one that only Britains can understand.

I think there's a story for everybody in this movie. For me, it would be Colin Firth's.

A true British classic.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Colin Firth story is the best by a mile.

I do wish I could take a few of the stories out of this and watch a shorter version of the film.
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unnecessary nudity spoils this movie for me.