Just heard Disco Love - The Saturdays on Capital and....

Acejr200Acejr200 Posts: 198
Forum Member
I have to say, for the first time ive heard it fully, and on radio for that matter, I think its one of their best!

Although i loved Gentleman, it maybe was too much of a risk, and should have remained an album track. It definitely wasnt radio friendly.

'Disco Love' however, has that right sound, and clearly capital believe so too.
With the right support from radio's, this could be the perfect boost of promotion the upcoming album release really needs

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It's ok but to be honest I find it a bit too teen pop. I preferred Gentleman and I liked the 90s sound of that one. I still think their older singles are their best. Songs like Up, Ego and Higher should have all been No 1.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it and it's been stuck in my head for some time!

The overall sound of the song, not the tune, reminds me of both Jessie J's "Domino" and Rita Ora's "How We Do". Does anyone know if this track was produced by the same person as either Jessie or Rita's song?
  • MrfentyMrfenty Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree, when it was first released I wasn't so sure, I thought it was average, but the tracks really grown on me and yesterday I heard it on Kiss FM for the first time and it is so radio friendly, in the same way What About Us was, I think if they get good radio support the song will do really well, definitely one of their best singles

Also Rochelle just tweeted they've got lots of good promo coming soon, I'm praying its an X Factor slot!
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think im in the minority with this one where I think its a terrible weak song :/
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I think im in the minority with this one where I think its a terrible weak song :/

I think that too and I'm a big Saturdays fan! They should have released Not Giving Up and left this as an album track. What is wrong with their management? :(
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh? I'm a big Saturdays fan and I think it's one of their best! It's all relative, I guess. I think it'll do well!
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    Eh? I'm a big Saturdays fan and I think it's one of their best! It's all relative, I guess. I think it'll do well!

I think it will do better than 'Gentlemen', but not as good as 'What About Us'. I predict top ten. I actually like 'Disco Love' and the video to it.:)
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will flop.

'Gentlemen' was a risk that failed, while this track is just bland.
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it so much that I ordered the signed copy of the CD :D Ha! Definitely my end-of-summer tune! I can't wait for them to start promoting it, though it will strange without Frankie! I wonder if that will affect anything...