Old or new Miley Cyrus

RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Which Miley do you prefer and why?

Poll :)

I'm really not sure. The old Miley was more likable in a way looking back, the new Miley though is in a mess, but her new music is brilliant and all this some how made her more successful.

Which Miley is better? 65 votes

Old Miley (up to 2010)
63% 41 votes
New Miley (2013-)
32% 21 votes
Not sure
4% 3 votes

Comments

• spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Can't Be Tamed Miley. She looked her best, I think, and I love that album. I've listened to Bangerz and only like about 4 songs on it and 2 of those are the singles! I definitely prefer her earlier sound rather than generic pop r'n'b and a load of rent a rappers and stupid twerking. We Can't Stop is catchy but it's the only one of that style I like and I'd rather not watch her performing it, lol!
  • RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump for poll.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither. I remember seeing the "old" Miley on Jonathan Ross years ago and she was a nightmare, although I gave her a pass due to her age.

The "new" Miley is outright repungant. I can't wait until the press get tired of her (then again they'll only become obsessed with their next target, so...)

In terms of her music, her older stuff was okay but I wasn't her target audience then. At least she didn't look revoluting then though.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Visually I can't believe how she's changed in a couple of years.

I keep seeing a Dvd cover for a film of hers where she is an undercover teenage detective in a university and she's got her long brown hair.

Think the Dvd was dated 2012.

It's a quite surprising change.

By the way, didn't she fall out with her dad Billy Ray not so long back, or am I confusing her with someone else?
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,760
    Forum Member
    To be honest neither. I found her Disney image very cheesy and boring and I find her new image a bit copycat.

She's gone from one extreme to the other in a relatively short space of time
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Miley better when she had long hair. Saying this though, If she lets her hair grow a little bit more, I do think she would suit this shorter style. I prefer her with long hair though.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    I don't mind either.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new, shes hot as hell, just needs her long hair back :p
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Where's the option ''No Miley Cyrus''?
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Miley all the way. I like the edgy look
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had to change - the wholesome Disney image doesn't really work once a performer is past a certain age - but she's gone too far and misjudged things.

I suppose I'd vote Old Miley as that worked at the time, even though she couldn't have stayed that way.
  • HurlleyHurlley Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new is what people want, reached number one with wrecking ball. Speaks for itself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    Where's the option ''No Miley Cyrus''?

I like the way you think. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had to change - the wholesome Disney image doesn't really work once a performer is past a certain age - but she's gone too far and misjudged things.

I do agree. Hopefully she'll settle down eventually - you can be a wild child without taking it to the unprecedented extremes Miley does - because she's capable of making good pop tunes. I actually like Wrecking Ball as a song a lot.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    New Miley, definitely. It'd be wrong to perve over the pre-2010 version :D
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The old one. The current version is really doing my tits in.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least she didn't look revoluting then though.

But now she wears a Che Guevara t-shirt and carried a red hammer-and-sickle flag?
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither

Ugly girl with voice of a 40 year old docker
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Neither

Ugly girl with voice of a 40 year old docker

Couldn't have said it better myself