Options

Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SOe cool speculation/announcements on the new album circulating...sounds very Swedish influenced ....which is cool as i adore Robyn and the fresh Dance/ELectronica feel....so looking forward to this.

Also the additional names, will be cool to hear where she heads :-)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/effc7fd8acf1c4a471becdc61f8c29cf/tumblr_n3pznolO4p1rky2szo1_1280.jpg

also love the info behind the scenes....Oseary did not manage Madonnas appearence at the UMF in 2012....interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    going by that link and the references/Swedish Team of songwriters/producers...this could be really potentially amazing on all cylinders....we have people from Swedish House Mafia, we have artists who have written with Bloodshy & Avant and worked with Robyn, and we have Aviciis people there too...it really sounds like they are combining layers here.

Progressive House
    Trance/Techno
    Folktronica
    Soul/Pop
    Rock/Electrorock

I dont want to OVERHYPE it but it just seems really inspired....like Madonna/Stuart Price/Bloodshy & Avant/Mirwais on Confessions ....it looks like a really great/inspired posse of people and i am really liking this direction...i anticipate so many layers already with the collaborators here...i do wonder if the Nile rumours are true...if so WAHOO....bring it on!
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of Sweden, have you heard this new singer from there called Tove Lo? I can definitely see Madonna doing songs like some of her stuff.

http://soundcloud.com/tovelo
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I doubt the response to that #1 thread is what the OP was aiming for! ;) lol

i know, right?>:( how many profiles all together is that now?!:o now someone has bumped (possibly the same person) another madonna thread earlier with the same old story about her "softening her image" in the late 90s. all madonna fans realise this, so why keep going on about it?:confused: the stolen imagery that this person goes on about endlessly, is once again, a dead give-away. ;-)

frankly, i am beyond caring. whoever, it is, i just don't have the time or energy to follow them all around the internet exposing them any longer. whatever, this person gets out of spreading negativity about madonna all over the internet, then they can carry on unchallenged by me for the time being. the only resentment i feel, is towards the time this person clearly has on their hands, because i would certainly be using that time far more constructively on the moment.:D

i recently reluctantly accepted a promotion at work or would have faced the prospect of redundancy in my previous role. on top of this, i have just moved and due to the promotion, even my holidays aren't my own it seems.:cry:

i give up defending madge in the main forum ages ago and i simply wont be drawn into discussing her when i am commenting on other female artists. this annoys people no end, but my comments are never written to make madonna look more impressive, so its a moot point quite frankly.

i have been under a lot of pressure lately, but replaying some madge albums have really helped me through a catalogue of dramas. i cannot wait for new music from her, the swedish connection is interesting, because swedish producers are really successful in the us....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liking those sounds,

I reckon it will be an eclect mix but very cohesive.

I know that recently she is posting behind the scenes pics of her Vogue photo sessions from last month...due out sometime this summer...makes me think could indeed new material suddenly drop on us June/July? I mean we have big releases from COldplay and Lana Del Rey in May...June or July would be great...I think the only album to have been released in the summer was True Blue right? would be great to have another...then again just putting it out there...but if she was to launch a surprise release for the summer...it would be very big and very cool and would allow for the rest of the year to maintain and circulate :)

Would be great! and also very refreshing to hear these sounds for the summer too it sounds as though...as i say will be very eclect in styles but cohesive in concept :) the idea of Freedom and to be free with art I am so very very ready for whatever she does...also if she is mapping out a surprise launch album...there is enough time for her to shoot videos/album artwork too and finish up recording the album across this and indeed next month :)
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    She's working with Natalia Kills! I loved "Mirrors"! :o:D

http://instagram.com/p/mmJyp2mEVJ/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So erm...the new Madonna albums sounds like she is ready to take the world on!

I mean...WOW! Just....this alone....WOW! cannot wait for this album!
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All this is promising. Wonder if we will get the new single late summer? I think she might follow the Confessions release pattern. Be great to see her performing at the EMAs as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this is promising. Wonder if we will get the new single late summer? I think she might follow the Confessions release pattern. Be great to see her performing at the EMAs as well.

Yeah i reckon July/August we may hear something :-) will be truly great to have the album released in its own seperate time...late August/Sept release i reckon...and allow the autumn/winter for the album to naturally progress too :)

Really think it will be handled well :) so glad to hear all the news surrounding the album.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalia Kills is amazing, glad her and M are working together.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Yeah i reckon July/August we may hear something :-) will be truly great to have the album released in its own seperate time...late August/Sept release i reckon...and allow the autumn/winter for the album to naturally progress too :)

Really think it will be handled well :) so glad to hear all the news surrounding the album.

Madonna usually takes 2 and a half years between albums so i'm guessing September is a given ;-):D
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I defo think it will be late summer. She has never taken longer than six months in recording an album either I don't think. So a tour summer of 2015 also sounds likely.

The Natalia Kills stuff has me most excited and of course the rumoured possible Patrick Leonard reunion :D

I don't think it will be dance though. I'm still thinking folk pop. The fact she is being political also gives me hope as Madonna always makes the best music when she is on a mission.

However I'm convinced she is going to hook up with Rihanna to get herself a huge comeback hit. I just have a feeling. Madonna has launched the past two albums with an associated 'current' artist. I reckon its Rihanna's turn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I defo think it will be late summer. She has never taken longer than six months in recording an album either I don't think. So a tour summer of 2015 also sounds likely.

The Natalia Kills stuff has me most excited and of course the rumoured possible Patrick Leonard reunion :D

I don't think it will be dance though. I'm still thinking folk pop. The fact she is being political also gives me hope as Madonna always makes the best music when she is on a mission.

However I'm convinced she is going to hook up with Rihanna to get herself a huge comeback hit. I just have a feeling. Madonna has launched the past two albums with an associated 'current' artist. I reckon its Rihanna's turn.

If you look at all the different producers and artists she's working with, Avicii, Fred Ball and Natalia Kills, I think it will have a dance/electronic element but mixed in with some organic instruments like acoustic and electric guitar. They all sort of have that in common. That's where I see this record going kind of combining more than one genre, combining electronic and organic instrumentation. I don't think it will be straight up folk.
    I don't see Madonna working with Rihanna. Their voices don't blend together even though I like a lot of Rihanna's songs. I know people don't like her, but I think it's more likely she might do something with Miley Cyrus than Rihanna. Miley has this kind of eclectic mix of genres from country, dance, hip hop and rock that is the direction the album seems to be going in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been listening to her "Immaculate Collection". What an album!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IF Madonna were to collaborate with an "it" star...then i think the obvious is Miley...one being she is "hot rigt now" and another being the fact Madonna has performed with her, spoken up for her in the past (remember the 2009 controversies Miley went through?) and Madonna has been to her concert recently.

I for one do HOPE that Madonna doesnt NEED to collaborate...and in so many ways i really am uneasy about a Miley collab for SO many reasons....for one i do not necessarily stand for everything she does but i do think she is a talent and for the next couple of years she will still be a big name so...yeah there are pros and cons with it.

WHereas Natalia Kills WOW! i am all for that and to help her rightfully boost more into public eye :) would much prefer Madonna work with Charli XCX, Sky Farrera or someone...Lorde if she wanted a contemporary hit lister to duet with if she "needed" that but eprsonally i dont think she does need it...Natalia if a duet is on the cards will work perfectly well i think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    madonna + rihanna = fabulous. case closed.:cool:

this natalia kills scenario is interesting, because natalia was dogged with gaga comparisons from the get-go and i think that damaged her launch personally. so madonna working with natalia is kind of shady and interesting in equal measures.:D

i would like an album that she just has no collaborations too and for her to feature on other artists albums instead, but we shall wait and see. i can she why she was drawn to nicki and mia for mdna, but rihanna or miley would be a better fit.

rihanna and miley are really the only artists out there that play the media much like madge has done throughout her career, but i wouldnt rule out a beyonce collaboration either. they have both openly expressed their appreciation of one another in recent times. i just hope she doesn't rush the record. although, she must be not so quietly confident given her "new year" post. i think she must have come up with a clear concept or must have been feeling inspired musically, which can only be a good thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tbh a Miley, RIhanna, Beyonce FEAT album would not ride with me...am sure others may think otherwise but i really do not see the need i mean i do like RIhanna a lot...Miley and Beyonce...hmmmmmmmm lol.

anyways....i am all for this Natalia...tbh Natalia came out when gaga was EVRYWHERE...everyone was comapred to her from her contemporaries to new up and coming (genuinely "weird" artists...Iamamiwhoami, Florence, Marina etc) so like yeah....i think personally it is great Madonna KNOWS Natalia and indeed enough to want to work with her under Interscope :) should make for something interesting.

Anyways 8 years ago this time of year Madonna eprformed at COachella and made history happen as 60,000 crammed themselves in to a 10,000 capacity tent....crazy right? i remember news about it like it was only a few weeks ago...adored the Confessions era and performances :) incredible and iconic!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Yeah I am excited for a Madonna comeback too. I was listening to MDNA earlier. "Turn Up The Radio" such a great summery song. I think if she had realised that a few years earlier it would've been a bigger hit! Madonna is probably paying more attention to this album as although her last tour was successful, the album and singles were not as well received as much as she'd have liked!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My all wrote: »
    Yeah I am excited for a Madonna comeback too. I was listening to MDNA earlier. "Turn Up The Radio" such a great summery song. I think if she had realised that a few years earlier it would've been a bigger hit! Madonna is probably paying more attention to this album as although her last tour was successful, the album and singles were not as well received as much as she'd have liked!

I agree about Turn Up the Radio. I think it would have been a much better first single choice than GMAYL. It has that classic Madonna feel instead of the cheerleader thing and the rapping which annoyed people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the single choices for "mdna" were atrocious and uninspiring.:blush: "masterpiece" should have proceeded "mdna" in the same way "die another day" came before "american life". it could have been a sleeper hit in the us, with a boost after her "golden globe" triumph, contemporary radio would have lapped it up and lets face it, w.e. needed all the help it could get.:blush:

she could have then launched the album with "i'm addicted" (even capitol confessed they would have considered spinning it) and the ott controversy that no doubt the release would have had, would have made more impact. besides, its an album highlight. then "love spent" should have got its moment to shine, being another album highlight and again, contemporary radio would have loved the track. she could have then released "girl gone wild" at a push.:blush:

gmayl could have have been an album teaser/promo release, because beyond being a fun track perfect for the "super-bowl", it really was beneath her for a lead single. "turn up the radio" was too similar to "hello" to be considered anything other than solveig creating a similar and uninspiring follow up. the singles just didn't play to the albums strengths at all and to a degree, they deserved to bomb the way they did. "mdna" is generally a good album, but the singles and lack of promotion severally let the whole album campaign down.:(

i am hopeful that she will up her game with the next album though.:)
  • Options
    Terry HesticlesTerry Hesticles Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    One night in about 2005 I was in a gay club and asked the female DJ if she would play a Madonna song, and she looked at me in horror and said 'oh no sorry, I can't play anything like Madonna in here, she's too old and I can only play current stuff'. A few weeks later Hung Up was released and the same DJ was playing it to death!

I really want a huge Avicii hit from her so the same will happen in clubs and on radio.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    i am so excited that she is working with Natalia Kills....perhaps the most underrated UK female popstar.. I am most definitely expecting folk dance pop (avicii) and dark dance pop (daft punk, moroder, natalia kills)

i am in agreement with gpk....

'masterpiece' should have been lead promotional single - tying in with the film
    'I'm addicted' should have been first lead single, maybe accompanied by a dance remix of 'masterpiece' and 'gimme all your luvin' as a combo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One night in about 2005 I was in a gay club and asked the female DJ if she would play a Madonna song, and she looked at me in horror and said 'oh no sorry, I can't play anything like Madonna in here, she's too old and I can only play current stuff'. A few weeks later Hung Up was released and the same DJ was playing it to death!

I really want a huge Avicii hit from her so the same will happen in clubs and on radio.

that is brilliant story. especially, the bit in bold.:D

the thing is though, i honestly feel that ageism in music has worsened since 2005 and madonna has aged another decade since then. the next lead single is crucial though and she needs to select something commercial, but also a track that will represent the album better than the leads from "mdna" did.

in the lead up to kylie's new release, some of her fans were quick to point out that kylie is a decade younger than madonna and that her connections at the bbc should ensure radio 1 support. so did any of that make kylie more relevant with the single buying public and land her a smash top 5 lead single? in short, no, it didn't. "into the blue" was a better lead single than gmayl, there is no denying that, but it wasn't an impressive return chart wise either.

like i said before, i can be "terminally negative" when the mood takes me, but i honestly feel madonna's days of scoring big hit singles both sides of the atlantic are behind her. however, with the right material, she still has the potential to sell a lot of albums and her tour grosses speak for themselves.

although, it all depends on madonna's personal priorities and agenda. if anyone has the balls to challenge ageism, then its her. throughout her entire career, she has challenged taboos and pushed forward positive agendas, but like i said, it all depends on whether having hit singles still motivates her or is high on her list of personal priorities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i am so excited that she is working with Natalia Kills....perhaps the most underrated UK female popstar.. I am most definitely expecting folk dance pop (avicii) and dark dance pop (daft punk, moroder, natalia kills)

i am in agreement with gpk....

'masterpiece' should have been lead promotional single - tying in with the film
    'I'm addicted' should have been first lead single, maybe accompanied by a dance remix of 'masterpiece' and 'gimme all your luvin' as a combo.

yes, i definitely think that "i'm addicted", should have been the lead. all her albums have tracks that should/could have been singles, but this track in particular was such an obvious choice.:confused: it was also in-keeping (for better or worse) with the album title too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I hope for her next music video she doesn't try to be overtly sexual as it will turn off the younger audience! She can be sexy without coming across as desperate! I asked my friends 16 yr old daughter what she thought of Madonna and she said that she was like a stripper granny trying to appeal to a younger audience! It's a shame that the younger generation don't appreciate her, though some of her antics on the MDNA tour were cring worthy! Flashing her nipple onstage when her children were backstage was total face palm! Plus she always swears when she's on stage which is totally unnecessary! I may sound like a prude but I dont think she needs to act her own age! Just tone it down slightly! Plus she needs to envoke humour into her show and not take herself too seriously!
    If she gets Nile Rogers to work with her again and daft punk and Pharrell on her next album, it could be amazing!
    I did like MDNA but it wasn't her best work by any means!
    I think William orbit contributions on it were good but unfortunately it didn't recapture the magic they had on the Ray Of Light era!