UK PACE- The Killing - Ch4 - No Spoilers Allowed Season 2

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
Forum Member
✭✭
Season 2 of AMC's version of The Killing starts tomorrow(Sunday 1st April) in the States. Thought I'd start a UK Paced thread, ready for when Channel 4 starts showing it. As the title says- no spoilers allowed, thank you:)

No confirmed date for when Ch4 are going to start showing it. I've heard April mentioned on some sites. But nothing definite yet. Will update if any news comes to light of course. Last year it ran July to October here in the UK. Let's hope we get it sooner than that.

Regards

BK

Comments

• NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The second season of AMC’s drama series The Killing will receive its UK premiere on Channel 4 on Wednesday May 2nd at 10pm, it has been announced.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wednesday night is a pretty decent but 10pm? Wasn't the first season always shown at 9pm?

Come on Ch4 get your act together! If you can give Homeland 9pm, you can do the same for The Killing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    The second season of AMC’s drama series The Killing will receive its UK premiere on Channel 4 on Wednesday May 2nd at 10pm, it has been announced.

Good spot Ninjy.

Double bill for the opening night on 4? Like they did in the US. That would be nice. :):)

Congrats to Ch4 for bringing it early for us(compared to Season 1 that is). It will fill the hole left by the ending of Homeland.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Wednesday night is a pretty decent but 10pm? Wasn't the first season always shown at 9pm?

Come on Ch4 get your act together! If you can give Homeland 9pm, you can do the same for The Killing!

10pm Wednesday. Fringe timeslot replacement.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    It will fill the hole left by the ending of Homeland.

Are you going to watch the Israeli series on which Homeland is based, Hatufim, on Sky Arts? That starts in May. THAT should be a good replacement for Homeland. Wish I could see it.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Are you going to watch the Israeli series on which Homeland is based, Hatufim, on Sky Arts? That starts in May. THAT should be a good replacement for Homeland. Wish I could see it.:(

Morning MT:):)

Yep. Looking forward to Hatufim(you know how I love subbed drama:D:D). As you say starts in May, but can't find a confirmed date, so will have to be on the look out for it. Anyone seen any promos on Sky Arts?

The Region 2 DVD is released on 6th August over here. Is that any good for you in Region 1 land???
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prisoners-War-Hatufim-Series-DVD/dp/B007RD9OKA
    Forum Member
    Morning MT:):)

Yep. Looking forward to Hatufim(you know how I love subbed drama:D:D). As you say starts in May, but can't find a confirmed date, so will have to be on the look out for it. Anyone seen any promos on Sky Arts?

The Region 2 DVD is released on 6th August over here. Is that any good for you in Region 1 land???
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prisoners-War-Hatufim-Series-DVD/dp/B007RD9OKA

I have a multi-region DVD player so I can import Hatufim, which I did not realize would be getting a UK DVD release. Thanks for the link.

Also, have you downloaded any of the episodes from the new season of the US Killing, or did you decide to wait for the new season to arrive on Channel 4?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    10pm Wednesday. Fringe timeslot replacement.

Fringe is on sky1 not CH4;)

Its confirmed on digiguide 22:00 - 22:55 looks like only 1 showing a week, which is pretty poor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a multi-region DVD player so I can import Hatufim, which I did not realize would be getting a UK DVD release. Thanks for the link.

Also, have you downloaded any of the episodes from the new season of the US Killing, or did you decide to wait for the new season to arrive on Channel 4?

Glad to be of service:)

I've held off getting any new eps at US Pace. I'd read Channel 4 might start showing Season 2 April/May time. So was waiting until Homeland had finished. If no confirmed date was available by then would go US Pace.

Bearing in mind the no spoiler rule- how's it doing over on the other side of the Atlantic. Ratings wise I mean. I know the Season 1 cliffhanger had many viewers vowing they would never watch it again. Has the anger subsided now?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fringe is on sky1 not CH4;)

Its confirmed on digiguide 22:00 - 22:55 looks like only 1 showing a week, which is pretty poor.

All I can say is :p:p:p:D:D:D

I know Fringe is on Sky 1. It was the 10pm Wednesday timeslot I was on about. Please keep up at the back!!!:):)
    Forum Member
    I know the Season 1 cliffhanger had many viewers vowing they would never watch it again. Has the anger subsided now?

The viewers who were still watching The Killing at the Episode 12 mark of Season 1 are still watching. The people who had quit the show before that and just came back for Episode 13 thinking "At least I will find out who killed Rosie," have not come back.:) Maybe they will tune in for Episode 26, when the killer has been PROMISED to be revealed.:D
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    I have seen the English version Season 1. I have also seen the Danish version Season 2.

Does Season 2 of the English version, correspond to Season 2 of the Danish version, or does it finish of the Danish Season 1?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The viewers who were still watching The Killing at the Episode 12 mark of Season 1 are still watching. The people who had quit the show before that and just came back for Episode 13 thinking "At least I will find out who killed Rosie," have not come back.:) Maybe they will tune in for Episode 26, when the killer has been PROMISED to be revealed.:D

Cheers MT.
    That makes sense. Maybe the second half will be so good the deserters will come back? DON'T ANSWER:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ACU wrote: »
    I have seen the English version Season 1. I have also seen the Danish version Season 2.

Does Season 2 of the English version, correspond to Season 2 of the Danish version, or does it finish of the Danish Season 1?

Season 2 of the US version basically covers the second half of the Danish Season 1.

So:-
    Forbrydelsen I=20x55mins eps
    AMC The Killing Seasons 1&2= 26x45mins eps(approx of course)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know Fringe is on Sky 1. It was the 10pm Wednesday timeslot I was on about. Please keep up at the back!!!:):)

I did understand what you meant hence the ;) but as it reads it does read its replacing fringe.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

There will be an overlap of 4 weeks between the end of Season 4 of Fringe and the start of Season 2 of The US Killing

Anyhoo once Fringe finishes my Wednesday night viewing will largely consist of Castle at 9 and US Killing at 10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    There will be an overlap of 4 weeks between the end of Season 4 of Fringe and the start of Season 2 of The US Killing

Anyhoo once Fringe finishes my Wednesday night viewing will largely consist of Castle at 9 and US Killing at 10

The last two eps(21&22) of Fringe form a double bill. I'm hoping they show them in the US as a feature length ''episode'', and Sky do the same over here.
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last two eps(21&22) of Fringe form a double bill. I'm hoping they show them in the US as a feature length ''episode'', and Sky do the same over here.
    Nope they are being aired separate weeks in the US
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Densino wrote: »
    Nope they are being aired separate weeks in the US

Damn. Plan B then.

Ep 21- Sky 1 Pace May 9th.
    Ep 22- US Pace May 11th.
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    Season 2 of the US version basically covers the second half of the Danish Season 1.

So:-
    Forbrydelsen I=20x55mins eps
    AMC The Killing Seasons 1&2= 26x45mins eps(approx of course)

Thanks for the info. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hope there's a good recap before it restarts.
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching at uspace and it is very decent so far... 4 episodes in already :O
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1701-E wrote: »
    hope there's a good recap before it restarts.

Linden was on the plane with her son. Going to start her new life. She had just found out that the bridge photo putting Richmond on the bridge when Rosie was killed was a fake. The cameras were not working. So it is some sort of photoshop job. We saw Holder telling someone that the photo worked.(So either Holder is a dirty cop or he is being set up). Belko was just about to shoot Richmond. I think he had killed his Mom as well. Can't remember if they actually showed this on screen. Or whether it was strongly implied? Not sure about that. I will have to check the DVD.

Mitch has left Stan.

Here's Wiki's Season 1 finale recap. If anyone wants to jog their memories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orpheus_Descending_(The_Killing)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member

Found this on TVWise, apparently starts Wed May 9th at 9pm

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2012/04/sky-arts-1-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-prisoners-of-war/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rickywal wrote: »
    Found this on TVWise, apparently starts Wed May 9th at 9pm

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2012/04/sky-arts-1-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-prisoners-of-war/

Thanks for that ricky. Saves me hunting for it:)

Another date on the Calendar. :):)

PS
    That's AMC The Killing, Justified(which I have seen but enjoying watching again) and Hatufim on a Wednesday?

PPS
    TVWise is a pretty cool website for info like this. I've only recently heard of it. But I visit it a lot now.