Resolutiongate - CoD: Ghosts PS4 is 720p in Single Player.

MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=714937

This is according to Quaz51, a respected insider who first revealed the native rendering resolutions of Halo 3, GTA 4 and many other games.

Comments

• TheCrackInTimeTheCrackInTime Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    If this is true, then Infinity Ward has got some serious explaining to do. Blatantly lying to consumers doesn't tend to go over that well.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Be funny if its true, IGN said that there were 'significant' differences due to resolution, which would add to the argument that there really isn't much difference between upscaled and native 1080p.

One thing is for sure, and that is that IW has released an unfinished game, PC should always be king and the ps4 is the more powerful console so should run at least equal to the Xbox one.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    I guess Polygon need to up their review score of the game to a 7 ;)
  • sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Be funny if its true, IGN said that there were 'significant' differences due to resolution, which would add to the argument that there really isn't much difference between upscaled and native 1080p.

One thing is for sure, and that is that IW has released an unfinished game, PC should always be king and the ps4 is the more powerful console so should run at least equal to the Xbox one.

The thing is, (on GAF) they were comparing screenshots from the ign video, and posters said that both shots were the same resolution. True or false is anybody's guess right now.

Something else that was pointed out: if the ps4 version is running at 720p, then the frame rate issues are while the game is only running at 720p...
    Forum Member
    Need to see Digital Foundry's take on this for sure.
  • ToytownAssassinToytownAssassin Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    sithlord3k wrote: »
    The thing is, (on GAF) they were comparing screenshots from the ign video, and posters said that both shots were the same resolution. True or false is anybody's guess right now.
    Not just the ign vid others too. The guy doing the counting said the PS4 mp was in 1080 and the sp in 720. Of course it's possible that it's just that nobody has uploaded a 1080 sp capture yet.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    “Hey, been on the road last couple weeks so haven’t had a chance to update, but wanted to confirm that for Xbox One we’re 1080p upscaled from 720p. And, we’re native 1080p on PS4.

Was Rubins quote. Surely if it was 720 then he would have mentioned it.
    Forum Member
    It's a pretty clear quote isnt it?

It's this kind of scenario where one person's reputation is tarnished for good.
  • ToytownAssassinToytownAssassin Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Was Rubins quote. Surely if it was 720 then he would have mentioned it.

Maybe he only ever plays multiplayer :D
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Part of the reason the PS4 version looks better is duie to the colour schemes though... the XBO has a constant green tinge, where as the PS4 has a blue tinge (God knows why...). It just so happens that in the dark, under water and in space, the blue tinge is more natural than the green tinge.
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he only ever plays multiplayer :D

Think that's his get out of jail free card right there.

Either way i'd feel a bit cheated. Love the fact some people actually said that they can tell the difference if it turns out to be true.
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The story seems to have sent NeoGaf into hyperdrive - I can't get on since that thread started, it keeps timing out - probably overloaded with people.
    Forum Member
    It's back up now.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neogaf seems to be the go to site now to have a right laugh at people :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Neogaf seems to be the go to site now to have a right laugh at people :p

People do get over the top over there

Somethings i wish there was a Neogif website where we could just see the funny Gifs without all the bullshit that comes with them
  • sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »

Somethings i wish there was a Neogif website where we could just see the funny Gifs without all the bullshit that comes with them

You mean antoniobanderas.com ? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

PS4 has a better upscaler confirmed.

I must say when I watched the footage yesterday when comparisons were going round I did think that it didn't look 1080p. The steps were too much in the aliasing.

That said, it did look better than Xbox One on that front and when The Sixth Axis did a blind test asking which console do you think this is from for 3 identical scenes from 3 consoles I got them all right.

Multiplayer on the other hand does definitely look different and does look a lot better than the minimal Xbox One footage we've seen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    PS4 has a better upscaler confirmed.

Who was able to compare the two to confirm this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Who was able to compare the two to confirm this?
    He4rt was commenting on how IGN said the increased resolution helps the PS4 look better.

So if it turns out it isn't 1080p in single player and is 720p then it means that if the PS4 is looking better that potentially the PS4 has the better scaler.

It was a half-sarcastic comment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt was commenting on how IGN said the increased resolution helps the PS4 look better.

So if it turns out it isn't 1080p in single player and is 720p then it means that if the PS4 is looking better that potentially the PS4 has the better scaler.

It was a half-sarcastic comment.

Ah OK, I thought there was some article that confirmed one was better than another. :p
    Forum Member
    Hmm. It gets more interesting:

http://i.imgur.com/no2cHiJ.jpg
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurogamer have just tweeted that the day one patch will make Single Player 1080p without it its 720p

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-13-day-one-patch-makes-call-of-duty-ghosts-single-player-1080p-on-ps4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurogamer have just tweeted that the day one patch will make Single Player 1080p without it its 720p

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-13-day-one-patch-makes-call-of-duty-ghosts-single-player-1080p-on-ps4
    That's a crazy patch!

Has any patch done that before?
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a crazy patch!

Has any patch done that before?

apparently there is a configuration error in the retail version,this patch fixes it
    Forum Member
    I don't think it there has!