Dexter Season 7 - UK Pace, no spoilers!!

decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So the new season of Dexter starts on Fox on the 24th February 2013 at 9pm, and I cannot wait!

I only started watching Dexter last year on Netflix and am now hooked, and this Season will be the first time that I get to watch it at the same time as everyone else (who isn't downloading it!). Will you be watching to find out Deb's reaction to Dexter's big secret??

Sorry if there is already a thread for this but I couldn't find one.

Comments

• PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll love it! No spoilers from me, except its generally accepted as a better season than 6!

Will watch again on FX too
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that! I can't believe Dexter almost passed me by, I have loved every Season, I know some are better than others but it's still great TV. Also want to find out what that weird intern is up to, he seems a bit obsessed with Dex, surely he's not another long lost brother??
  • jesse_pinkmanjesse_pinkman Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this! I wasn't crazy about S6, but the ending left me eager for S7...
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this! I wasn't crazy about S6, but the ending left me eager for S7...

Series 7 is a definite return to form imho:D
  • loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And in other news they started filming the 8th season today!
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Really liked Season 7, a good return to form after the pretty poor Season 6. It contains my favourite 'big bad' since Trinity, and while I thought it ran out of steam a tad in the last 3 episodes, it's still a worth addition to the Dexter story and sets up things well for the final season.
  • LostindexLostindex Posts: 2,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Dexter and can't wait for it to start again !!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Really liked Season 7, a good return to form after the pretty poor Season 6. It contains my favourite 'big bad' since Trinity, and while I thought it ran out of steam a tad in the last 3 episodes, it's still a worth addition to the Dexter story and sets up things well for the final season.

Argh, now I can't wait even more!! Come on 24th!! :D
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for this.

I've had a rotton month of health issues, so its nice to have something to look forward to.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dexter back tonight at 9 in case anyone's overlooked it.

Hope you're feeling better David.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the planner but I don't think I'll be able to watch it until tomorrow!
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Are we meant to believe that Dexter would get away with a kill in a busy airport ?

It's just getting silly now.
  • plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a brilliant opening , can't wait for next week :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we meant to believe that Dexter would get away with a kill in a busy airport ?

It's just getting silly now.

It's always been a bit silly - I just suspend my disbelief and enjoy the ride! I wish Deb hadn't found out though, hope the whole season won't be about that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like season 5 so season 6 seemed okay but only because I was comparing it to s5, didn't like what they did with Deb falling for Dex romantically at the end there though.

Season 7 = Dexter's got its mojo back, awesome episode loved all the scenes between Deb and Dexter. Next episode looks really exciting.

Shame about Chicago cop he wasn't around long.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, there will surely be repercussions from him killing the gangster. I'm guessing that organised crime ring will be the big bad this season.

Maybe there will be more repercussions from his doing it in an airport. I can believe him getting away with it for a few hours. There will be paperwork showing the victim arrived, and loads of CCTV footage, so if anyone looks into it I should think Dexter will get caught. On the other hand, there's no body, so no immediate reason to suspect foul play. It'll be the gangsters who miss the victim first, and they won't want to involve the police; and if he has family they'll probably blame the gangsters. He just killed a policeman so everyone may think he just did a runner.

Anyway, I liked the episode. It's good to see Dexter being an accomplished liar, and good to see Deb's police instincts kicking in. I'm glad they didn't spin it out longer than an episode. (I could have done without the bait and switch at the beginning, though; making it look like Dexter was fleeing the country.)
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets but beat about the bush - Season 6 was bad by Dexter standards.

But Season 7 is a total return to form - it's gripping, thrilling, touching and funny.

No spoilers but if the end of Season 6 blew your mind just wait till this seasons finale!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am i the only one who thinks Debra is the best character on this show???

Really looking forward to the second episode
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debra is possibly my favourite character simply because of Jennifer Carpenters acting. Her sudden outbursts of swearing make me crack up.
    She's the character/actress who has changed and grown the most over the full seasons and perhaps in this 7th season more than any due to the knowledge she now has.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Gulfam1 wrote: »
    I didn't like season 5 so season 6 seemed okay but only because I was comparing it to s5, didn't like what they did with Deb falling for Dex romantically at the end there though.

I didn't like this particular storyline either and I hope the fact that she now knows Dexter is a serial killer has quashed any romantic feelings she had for him. :D
    Bluray wrote: »
    Debra is possibly my favourite character simply because of Jennifer Carpenters acting. Her sudden outbursts of swearing make me crack up.

Some of her lines are hilarious, such as:

"Sh*t a brick and f*ck me with it."

"I will kick your f*cking nuts down your throat."

"Christ on a f*cking cracker."

"Go shi*t up a rope."

Comedy gems! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    furry_face wrote: »
    I didn't like this particular storyline either and I hope the fact that she now knows Dexter is a serial killer has quashed any romantic feelings she had for him. :D

"Go shi*t up a rope."

BIB - my favourite! Not forgetting '**** me in both ears' - I use both of these regularly!
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am i the only one who thinks Debra is the best character on this show???

Really looking forward to the second episode

No, your not the only one who loves Deb, although Dex is the main character she is the character you care about most I think anyway. Jennifer Carpenter will break your heart at points too. She won't win any awards, although she deserves them

"Go shi*t up a rope."

She has some classics this year too if I remember correctly :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Go shi*t up a rope."

Love Deb's swearing ''fu*k me sideways with a chainsaw'' or something to that effect:D:D
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught up with the opening episode of Dexter last night.

Great episode.

I like how everything from the earlier seasons (Ice Truck Killer, Bay Harbor Butcher, Doakes) are starting to come back again.

I get the feeling La Guerta is going to be on Dexters tale this season.:eek:

Next weeks episode looks great. Can't wait. Dexters back on form.
  • XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do acknowledge that Jennifer Carpenter is a great actress, but the character of Debs annoys the life out of me and always has done,so much so that I'm secretly hoping Dex will bump her off this series!