• shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digital_MM wrote: »
    Going to enjoy the sun.

Where at?
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Well, my girlfriend is going back to her family at the end of this month for two months :( I just got dragons dogma though, so I'll probably end up being sad and playing that :p Not much else for me to do. I suppose I could visit her, if I get the time off work. I bet it'll be a washout summer in Britain.
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just been to Florida and done more rides than I care to list. Lol. I've also seen Pinks latest concert.
    I've got a Paloma Faith concert in June, the David Bowie exhibition, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory tickets and I've been told we are going to the national theatre at least once this year. Those are the orders apparently. Lol
    I want to try and get a week in Spain later in the year so I can see my sister. I also want to maybe get another concert in but no one tickles my fancy at the moment. I'm either at Alton Towers this weekend or in a couple of weeks.
    I'd quite like a weekend of nothing to be honest. Lol
  • Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shhhhh wrote: »
    How are you going to do that then?:D

Everything I earn is going to paying it off, I have no disposable income for a couple of months :( hence no summer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jealous of you beyond belief with the US trip! I would seriously jack in my job (I'd have to...) right now to do that. What a dream! *sigh* I'll just be working instead a couple of barbecues if I'm lucky!
    rehab_101 wrote: »
    That sounds amazing! Have a great time!!

Thanks! I cannot wait. Never done anything for that stretch of time before, so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm also skipping New York, which people are finding a bit odd, but I was there last Summer, so I'd like to visit places I've never been.

Going to Boston, DC, New Orleans, Memphis, Chicago, Vegas and San Francisco. Bit silly of me to go in August though - my suitcase will mostly be sunblock!
  • mark_beachmark_beach Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just painting the outside & getting all the DIY done. Selling off all my tools & junk. Once thats done I'll commit suicide. I reckon that once my wife & 3 sons sell the house it will release about £80,000, that & my pension funds should see them right for at least a decade. It was my intention to outlive my father who passed away in his late forties. But you can't have everything. :sleep:
  • whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just paid off my mortgage

Just quit my job, leaving 13th June - day before my birthday!

My others half family over for three weeks in July - planning a big UK road trip and long weekend in Paris.

Then moving to North Carolina at the beginning of August for a life of leisure and pleasure thanks to my bf ( of 14 years) who has recently transferred to work from the US office. Currently planning our weekend trips in NC and long weekends in Vegas, New Orleans, San Francisco, Alaska and perhaps Canada, Central and South America!

Struggle on!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Holiday, voluntary work and having a mate visit.
  • mark_beachmark_beach Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holiday, voluntary work and having a mate visit.

*%ckbuddy?
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    hubby and our daughter and her boyfriend will be away to Wales..I'll be at home dog sitting..which means lots of peace and quiet and lazing about and eating take aways
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Just paid off my mortgage

Just quit my job, leaving 13th June - day before my birthday!

My others half family over for three weeks in July - planning a big UK road trip and long weekend in Paris.

Then moving to North Carolina at the beginning of August for a life of leisure and pleasure thanks to my bf ( of 14 years) who has recently transferred to work from the US office. Currently planning our weekend trips in NC and long weekends in Vegas, New Orleans, San Francisco, Alaska and perhaps Canada, Central and South America!

Struggle on!!

Okay I hate you right about now. Which part of North Carolina are you moving to?
  • whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RemyClarke wrote: »
    Okay I hate you right about now. Which part of North Carolina are you moving to?

We hoped for Chapel Hill kind of in the middle of the state but more likely to be Raleigh the state capital which is close by. Although it is the south it supposed to be a very liberal area. Feel so much in limbo at the moment waiting for this to happen. Still have failed to find a property to rent - my partner and i cant agree

http://tra.mlxtempo.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=123122838&s=TRA&t=TRA

I wanted this one but kitchen is old and no power shower - dont care I like!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Working my way out of debt! Ay well, there's always next year. :p

I echo that!
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the rain fall like i do every summer since 2006
  • DSCarterDSCarter Posts: 1,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A visit to a cufflink museum near Pudsey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I be defrosting the car.
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I moved house in December so I'm aiming to create a garden out of the er, bog that currently exists. Hopefully get some dry weather to enjoy walks with the dog and some days out with the kids.
  • yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Visiting some London attractions I've not been before and Brighton gay pride on 4th of August.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SourCherry wrote: »
    Thanks! I cannot wait. Never done anything for that stretch of time before, so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm also skipping New York, which people are finding a bit odd, but I was there last Summer, so I'd like to visit places I've never been.

Going to Boston, DC, New Orleans, Memphis, Chicago, Vegas and San Francisco. Bit silly of me to go in August though - my suitcase will mostly be sunblock!

Yep, SPF 50 all the way! :p

How long are you gonna be in each city?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I be making a homemade waxwork of myself.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to work everyday like normal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, SPF 50 all the way! :p

How long are you gonna be in each city?

3 or 4 nights in each. Doing lots by train, which I'm really looking forward to for some reason.