Why is Tom Daley never `linked` to anyone?

JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It just occurred to me that for someone who has become quite the `media ****` , (not a bad thing), he never seems to be romantically linked to anyone !
He's a good looking boy with a perfect body, he's always out on the London scene, surely with all this fame and his looks, he must of been getting his end away!
Yet we never hear of it, I remember he was briefly linked to another athlete girl, but I think that was because they once shared a taxi :rolleyes:
I thought the media would be all over his private life!
How has he got away with it ?

Comments

• cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    It just occurred to me that for someone who has become quite the `media ****` , (not a bad thing), he never seems to be romantically linked to anyone !
    He's a good looking boy with a perfect body, he's always out on the London scene, surely with all this fame and his looks, he must of been getting his end away!
    Yet we never hear of it, I remember he was briefly linked to another athlete girl, but I think that was because they once shared a taxi :rolleyes:
    I thought the media would be all over his private life!
    How has he got away with it ?

good on him for not flaunting every girl who goes near him. It is possible to have a private life, maybe he doesnt have a hotline to a pap, maybe his manager prefers to concentrate on his professional life rather than sell stupid stuff.

Good luck to him if he manages to keep private stuff private. I hope he is wary of kiss and sell girls and has a good group of solid friends around him.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is Tom Daley never `linked` to anyone?

Because he's not a chain?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh another one of these ambiguous threads where we must allude to the fact that someone might be gay, am I right?
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Oh another one of these ambiguous threads where we must allude to the fact that someone might be gay, am I right?

Tom Daley? Might? Bahahahahahaha... etc.
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    good on him for not flaunting every girl who goes near him. It is possible to have a private life, maybe he doesnt have a hotline to a pap, maybe his manager prefers to concentrate on his professional life rather than sell stupid stuff.

Good luck to him if he manages to keep private stuff private. I hope he is wary of kiss and sell girls and has a good group of solid friends around him.

i know, i agree its good luck to him, but not many others manage to do it !

i dont believe he is gay?
    though perhaps a little camp..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Perhaps because he's got to give 100% focus on his diving atm. After all he's had major critisim around his Splash tv show.
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont believe he is gay?

lol
    though perhaps a little camp..

lolol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    i remember hearing he was with lauren pope from towie a few times and had that american girlfriend so i dont particuarly think he's someone who we never hear of dating people to be fair...
  • CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,226
    Forum Member
    Maybe he's asexual.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I also read the OP's post as 'innocently' trying to infer the above.
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also read the OP's post as 'innocently' trying to infer the above.

if you say so.
    wouldn't he be linked to other guys then ?? :confused:
    or am i innocently infering hes a-sexual.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CarlLewis wrote: »
    Maybe he's asexual.

Could be. He's very camp but he's someone I can't actually imagine being with someone. I'm not sure why.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I think Tom is gay tbh
  • Josh2407Josh2407 Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I think he's probably gay too, but not all gay men realise they're gay at 13/14 years old you know, Tom Daley's only 18!
  • watfordjunctionwatfordjunction Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Well I have often thought he's not as 'straight' as some may think, but he may just be happy single or just interested in any form of sexual relations with anyone.

Some people just do not have a sex drive
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you all realise that you are debating the sex life of an 18 year old?
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    I think Tom is gay tbh

What exactly makes you think that?
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Do you all realise that you are debating the sex life of an 18 year old?

And? The age of consent is 16.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he gets his first (?) boyfriend the press will be all over them even more than it is now so enjoy the "limited" coverage.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    methodyguy wrote: »
    What exactly makes you think that?

One of the many many little signs? He just screams gay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    Perhaps because he's got to give 100% focus on his diving atm. After all he's had major critisim around his Splash tv show.

He's focused on his diving? LOL.

He's got a talent yeah and he's done well but he's far more concerned with becoming a celebrity these days.

And he is clearly gay and I think it's pretty wrong of him not to come out about it, there are thousands of young people out there that would be really encouraged by him, he could be such a source of strength to many.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PaulBowker wrote: »

He's got a talent yeah and he's done well but he's far more concerned with becoming a celebrity these days.

And he is clearly gay and I think it's pretty wrong of him not to come out about it, there are thousands of young people out there that would be really encouraged by him, he could be such a source of strength to many.

1. You don't know for sure that he is gay.
    2. IF he is then it is entirely up to him if or when he chooses to tell people. Whilst I agree he could help young people by coming out, he is under no obligation to do so. It is his private life and business.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I honestly don't get it. :confused:

Why should anyone come out just to satisfy the public's taste for prurient stories about their sexuality? If he IS gay, it's his right to keep it quiet if he wants. It's nobody else's business.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's pretty wrong of him not to come out about it, there are thousands of young people out there that would be really encouraged by him, he could be such a source of strength to many.

Er, it's hard enough to come out even when you're not in the public eye let alone with the British Tabloids on your case. NOBODY should be forced to come out before they are ready to do so and shouldn't be criticized for not doing so.