Comments

• LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad to hear this. RIP.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really upset by this news. After I heard he was in rehab I was hoping he would get well again so this news has really got me down. RIP Cory, can't imagine the shock for Lea and his family. So sad. :(
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    So sad news! He was incredibly talented, and by all the reports, a genuinely nice guy, very friendly and kind. My thoughts are with Lea and his loved ones.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tragic news!:eek:

He was so talented and only 31! Can't imagine how heartbroken Lea, the cast and his family must feel right now and I believe the wedding date wasn't very far away! He seemed like a really nice guy.:(
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    So sad :( Watching him on E4 now on Glee. The announcer dedicated the episode to his memory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol on the main forums page it says "Glee star Corey Monteith found Dead.." last Reply: By Intoxication

Gave me a giggle.

Anyway, R.I.P
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    So sad :( Watching him on E4 now on Glee. The announcer dedicated the episode to his memory.

I really feel for the Glee cast. They were supposed to start filming next season in a week or two. I somewhat hope that any actor who wants to, will be released of their contract. Can't imagine Lea or anyone else being able to film and act Finn's exit.
  • puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    lol on the main forums page it says "Glee star Corey Monteith found Dead.." last Reply: By Intoxication

Gave me a giggle.

Anyway, R.I.P

I don't see anything funny about that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched Glee during season one and this is one of the most shocking celebrity deaths I can remember. The words "awful" and "tragic" don't seem enough here. I feel so much for his loved ones and co-stars.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So shocked and so glad!! :( Thoughts with his family and friends! RIP! :(
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What awful news. Poor guy. I haven't watched much of Glee but he seemed very talented and it sounds like people who knew him all said he was a lovely person too. RIP Cory.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,397
    Forum Member
    I watched Glee during season one and this is one of the most shocking celebrity deaths I can remember. The words "awful" and "tragic" don't seem enough here. I feel so much for his loved ones and co-stars.

As with the late Brad Renfro, it's yet another promising young life sadly lost to addiction. May he rest in peace.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never watched Glee but this is sad news. Yes he had substance abuse problems, but let's not decide the cause of death before we know. Remember Stephen Gately? RIP to Cory, and thoughts with Lea, his family and friends.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Truly saddened by this news this morning. Been a while since I've been genuinely shocked by a celebrity death. He seemed so young. My heart goes out to family, friends and Lea. She must be devastated :( RIP
  • NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    puppylove7 wrote: »
    I don't see anything funny about that.

Neither do I.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    puppylove7 wrote: »
    So shocked and so glad!! :( Thoughts with his family and friends! RIP! :(

So glad?
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really feel for the Glee cast. They were supposed to start filming next season in a week or two. I somewhat hope that any actor who wants to, will be released of their contract. Can't imagine Lea or anyone else being able to film and act Finn's exit.

I was thinking similarly, the cast seem very close. Heartbreaking to think what they, his family, friends and Lea must be going through. Devastating.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    21000 kids will die today across the world thanks to no fault of their own as a result of disease and hunger. Now thats a tragedy.

While I feel sad for his family another well paid show biz star dying from a suspected self inflicted drugs related cause. Well perhaps less so.

Sorry to give some perspective. But none of those kids will get a DS headline or thread.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    21000 kids will die today across the world thanks to no fault of their own as a result of disease and hunger. Now thats a tragedy.

While I feel sad for his family another well paid show biz star dying from a suspected self inflicted drugs related cause. Well perhaps less so.

Sorry to give some perspective. But none of those kids will get a DS headline or thread.

While true, people can express their sadness and condolences about whomever they like.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    So glad?

I assume they meant "sad" and not glad!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    I assume they meant "sad" and not glad!

I did! I meant sad!
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    This still hits me harder than it did this morning when I first saw it
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    This is so sad - such a waste of a young life. I knew he had his demons and was working hard to overcome them. My thoughts go to his family, friends, Lea and his Glee castmates.

I know the cast of Glee are like family working on that show so it must be very devastating for all of them. He was basically they're male leader for 5 years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Was it true he and Lea were due to be married in two weeks?

I think this is just a rumour as Glee is due to start shooting in a couple of weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »

Nothing has been said about his cause of death yet, so please so not speculate. Plus people are shock as the guy have just been through rehab and doing well, no one expected this. So yes, we have the right to comment, grieve, mourn, whatever we want to do in relation to this story.