Galaxy Tab 2 Update

cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
Forum Member
When will Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 be updated to either 4.2or 4.3 on Android? and if there is an update how do I get this.

On my phone I did this via the Samsung Kies software

Comments

• cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
    Forum Member
    Could someone please tell me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    For the Tab 2 7.0 models, 4.2.2 is available, but for the Tab 2 10.1 it is not currently.
    Samsung have said they will be updating many of their devices to 4.2.2 by end September and some Samsung devices will jump straight to 4.3
    Android 4.2.2 will probably be final version of Google's Jelly Bean to be available for update on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

To update, when available;
    Settings » About tablet » Software update, or by connecting the Tab 2 to a PC where Samsung Kies is installed
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If and when the updates happen you will get them here.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/#firmware
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To avoid starting a new thread on this, does anybody know if updates for an 8.9 tab will continue, or is this pretty much old and done with now?
  • Mr. CoolMr. Cool Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alves wrote: »
    To avoid starting a new thread on this, does anybody know if updates for an 8.9 tab will continue, or is this pretty much old and done with now?

Samsung is no longer supporting the Galaxy Tab 8.9. Samsung so far have been generally speedy when it comes to updates.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't imagine that the tab 2 10.1 will get many more updates. I was suprised it even got jelly bean. 4.2 would be nice though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr. Cool wrote: »
    Samsung is no longer supporting the Galaxy Tab 8.9. Samsung so far have been generally speedy when it comes to updates.

Thanks. I feared that could be the case.

I don't NEED to update my tablet as such, but quite fancied a newer one.

I'm holding out for Sky Go eventually launching on a few more tablets - not convinced it will be made available on the 8.9 either!
    Forum Member
    Thanks. I feared that could be the case.

I don't NEED to update my tablet as such, but quite fancied a newer one.

I'm holding out for Sky Go eventually launching on a few more tablets - not convinced it will be made available on the 8.9 either!

Hang in there
    Thats not set in stone yet. I have seen on a few roadmaps for the generic 4.3 update, that yours may get that update, which will be the last for that device I expect.
    Its not certain yet, but expect some announcements in September. Samsung are working through all their devices slowly over next few months to get as many as possible up to 4.3, before end of year or early next year when the next major update takes off.

Think you should be ok in the later phases of the Sky go recent announcement for Android phone/tablets. Hope you signed up to the android sky go beta a few days back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that lettice. I'll hold fire and see what happens next month then.

I saw the recent Sky Go announcement - I haven't signed up for the beta though.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that lettice. I'll hold fire and see what happens next month then.

I saw the recent Sky Go announcement - I haven't signed up for the beta though.

Still time to sign up for the beta, but be quick deadline is lunchtime tomorrow.
    http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-App/Beta-Trial-for-Android-Sky-App/td-p/1248446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    Still time to sign up for the beta, but be quick deadline is lunchtime tomorrow.
    http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-App/Beta-Trial-for-Android-Sky-App/td-p/1248446

Thanks - will do that!
  • Mr. CoolMr. Cool Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    Hang in there
    Thats not set in stone yet. I have seen on a few roadmaps for the generic 4.3 update, that yours may get that update, which will be the last for that device I expect.
    Its not certain yet, but expect some announcements in September. Samsung are working through all their devices slowly over next few months to get as many as possible up to 4.3, before end of year or early next year when the next major update takes off.

Think you should be ok in the later phases of the Sky go recent announcement for Android phone/tablets. Hope you signed up to the android sky go beta a few days back.

It won't. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Tab 8.9 have not received an update to 4.1, never mind 4.3. There was reports of Samsung testing 4.1 on these devices but the results weren't satisfactory (possibly the underpowered Tegra 2 processor found in both tablets).
  • cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
    Forum Member
    I did an upgrade and have received 4.2.2, is this the September update we were waiting for or will it give me another upgrade to 4.3?.

Have I received the September update early then? or not
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it's been getting updated to 4.2.2 although I imagine this will be is last update but still worth getting. I haven't been able to update mine yet.