Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,393
    Forum Member
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    Yes Sue, if that is the case, that is quite significant, as it changes all kinds of opinions for me this week. Sometimes people are just what they are, no matter what edits or production team stuff has gone on,there's no hiding it, but I am always banging on about giving the owners a fair chance to put complaints right. Not great is it?

dammit, just wrote a long post and got sent to the 'page not found' :mad:
    Let's just say I agree! :p

ps maybe I've been booted out of the 'clique' :cry:

(Oh my - WHAT clique????) :rolleyes:
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It must have a seriously bad knock on effect on business when viewers see Andreas completely OTT behaviour on this show. Who on earth would want to stay at a place when she cried for not leaving sugar on the breakfast table and putting a shoe mat and squeegee blade in the shower to clean the windows after you've showered.

Her behaviour would make anyone uncomfortable and jumpy and feel like you were staying with Joan Crawford "NO WIRE HANGERS!!!!!!!!" lol. Poor guy was strong armed into proposing to her. I'd jump ship now if I were him before it's too late :eek:
  • CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RSteve wrote: »
    LOL at Andrea's face as the posh couple praise the Blackpool lads. Looks like she's sucking a lemon.
    She has been sucking the life out of the experince all week.
    habby wrote: »
    Those 2 blokes don't own their hotel either.
    That doenst make any differenec to me, they seem to feel like its thier place.
    M@nterik wrote: »
    Miserable mare.
    Succinct :)
    RSteve wrote: »
    Nice of Andrea to pay in full... I admit I underestimated her a bit.

Oh - not I didn't - now they're whinging that they wished they'd paid less.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory again! Andrea is so bitter.

I'd hate to be as miserable as her!

Ah well if she gets her proposal perhaps she'll cheer up.
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    Fair dos to Andrea for paying in full, pretty much confirms to me that she's slightly OCD but not game playing, and hopefully shows James up as a bit of douche when he inevitably underpays next- I REALLY hope they don't win tbh
    nelliek wrote: »
    Even if you don't like Andrea you do have to give her credit for paying a fair price for the Winterbourne.
    i dont give her any credit. It was £40 for two people to have an albeit cramped but adequate room, a clean bed, a show and breakfast. Its not my thing but I'd have paid them at least £60 probably nearer to £80
    I dont think she's nasty at all.

I think she has confidence issues (in her place, not personally), is quite competitive but also rather sensitive.

That doesnt make her bad.

And not underpaying doesnt make her good, she is deeply unpleasent from the impression she has given. I've seen a lot of imaginary reasons given for her being rude, unkind, demanding petulant and hurtful but they are simply guesses. What cannot be denied is that she has come across as not very nice (putting it mildly)
  • fliqueflique Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder how she takes it if someone complains about anything, would be very uncomfortable if she reacted like that and she does seem highly strung.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the Producers of the show ask couples to be more critical than they normally would be.....every week there is usually one or more nasty/gameplaying couples ?

I wonder how many of the nasty couples have had a drop in guests because of their attitude on the show
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its quite simple to do really, its about assessing what you think is good value for money and rating the experience. The contestants arent being asked to say which they want to holiday in but which represent best VFM.

The Wizards thatch has the most glorious TA reviews. I think they are top end prices but the setting is very roomy and unique. If its your sort of thing its a great example. And Alderley Edge isn't short of moneyed visitors.

Why such focus on a cooked breakfast? Most people commenting seem to think that unless you are being served a cooked breakfast then that's a let down. :confused: I'm happy to eat breakfast at my time in my room and if I have to toast my own Croque Monsieurs then thats fine by me.

Quality granola, creamy yogurt and fresh juice are an equally welcome and enjoyable breakfast.

I too found it a bit difficult to enjoy, it really was a week of two halves.

I said earlier in the week that I didnt like James, but as I'm not in the clique, nobody acknowledged my clever observation :D

Andrea also a horrid woman so I couldnt take to either couple.

I said the same, what was it for you? For me it was his hissy fit with the feedback form, but I'm all confused after SueG's link to FB page now, was I harsh on him? I still didn't like that display of temper, though, I didn't think there was anything wrong with Blackpool's B&B,it was real value for money, clean, included breakfast. I totally understood feeling how they did about their harsh marking, just that reaction and of course the bits we saw. I thought his underpayments were massive, more than a price of a room at his.
    I didn't mind Andrea at all, actually, but the sugar thing was crazy and the proposal thing, not for me, but I really liked her B&B and feel they would be good hosts.I'm quite tempted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    i see James is this weeks nasty idiot
    He is also sneaking in the odd suggestion of her (Andrea) not liking 'thier sort', which i really do not like.
    To be honest, the excuse for underpaying by £20 because it was too clean and they couldnt relax is just rubbish imo
    Not at all, he is entittled to say he didnt think it was worth it because the atmosphere created caused them to not have an enjoyable stay.
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    I would be almost scared to stay in Andreas B&B, I woudl be scared of making a mess or breaking something. you need to be able to relax in a room.
    I once stayed somewhere that had a very fussy hostess and it ruined my stay, I am sure she intended to provide a 1st class accomodation but it just came over as making everyone walk on tip toes.
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    Grrr, of course its spiteful James!! I think something has definately gone on behind the scenes there :mad::mad:
    There has been spite between the two of them since the first day. Two people who seem highly strung and precious. I like or side with neither.
    No wonder he doesn't want to marry her!

Yet he doesnt have to be with her at all, so he must like her. I dont care for him either, he appears dull.
    Forum Member

I said earlier in the week that I didnt like James, but as I'm not in the clique, nobody acknowledged my clever observation :D

Andrea also a horrid woman so I couldnt take to either couple.

i got the feeling that because james liked to his Amatuer Dramatics, that he seemed to enjoy the drama of it all. I can't take to people like that
    Forum Member
    It must have a seriously bad knock on effect on business when viewers see Andreas completely OTT behaviour on this show. Who on earth would want to stay at a place when she cried for not leaving sugar on the breakfast table and putting a shoe mat and squeegee blade in the shower to clean the windows after you've showered.

Her behaviour would make anyone uncomfortable and jumpy and feel like you were staying with Joan Crawford "NO WIRE HANGERS!!!!!!!!" lol. Poor guy was strong armed into proposing to her. I'd jump ship now if I were him before it's too late :eek:

This was the impression I got whilst watching the show, but we have to remember that the Production Team will show us what THEY want us to see in order to 'entertain' us. :rolleyes: I thought the shoe tray was a good idea if you wanted to use it - it didn't say 'you MUST place your shoes here' - it was an option. And I would have made use of the squeegee to clear the glass panels in the shower as when they are steamed up I would feel claustrophobic. :eek: In fact so many of the showers we see are tiny and would give me the heebyjeebies. :cry:
    Andrea did strike me as being over sensitive and needy, but is it the real her?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Ha-ha, abivan you are spot on. That's why I don't "join in" ;).
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uk Ltd wrote: »
    The facebook page makes good reading. Simon and Angela agreeing that they were all stitched up by the production team...

I've just been reading...They all seem to be falling out there as well!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is also sneaking in the odd suggestion of her (Andrea) not liking 'thier sort', which i really do not like.

Spot on Cherrybomber, that's what has been niggling, question answered. Hmm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said the same, what was it for you? For me it was his hissy fit with the feedback form, but I'm all confused after SueG's link to FB page now, was I harsh on him? I still didn't like that display of temper, though, I didn't think there was anything wrong with Blackpool's B&B,it was real value for money, clean, included breakfast. I totally understood feeling how they did about their harsh marking, just that reaction and of course the bits we saw. I thought his underpayments were massive, more than a price of a room at his.
    I didn't mind Andrea at all, actually, but the sugar thing was crazy and the proposal thing, not for me, but I really liked her B&B and feel they would be good hosts.I'm quite tempted.
    :D BIB That was my first clue.
    it was just his attitude and that he alluded to homophobia which I dont care for. I think Andrea is a old mare but there was no sign of her disliking Jimmy because he is gay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just been reading...They all seem to be falling out there as well!

No way! What is in the water today?
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flique wrote: »
    I do wonder how she takes it if someone complains about anything, would be very uncomfortable if she reacted like that and she does seem highly strung.
    I think normally Andrea would take things in her stride. I doubt there's much for anyone to complain about (disasters aside) at her property and I do think her OTT behaviour came from the pressure of having the cameras there... and probably being forced to consistently critique all aspects of the day and the people...
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    I wonder if the Producers of the show ask couples to be more critical than they normally would be.....every week there is usually one or more nasty/gameplaying couples ?

I wonder how many of the nasty couples have had a drop in guests because of their attitude on the show

I do believe they ask leading questions but we only hear the answers - as though their views were off the cuff instead of merely answers (which they probably thought were 'off camera')

I think Barrowby Mill suffered for a while after their appearance on FIAB, although it looked to be a lovely place. Amanda really shot herself in the foot. :eek:
  • SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, about the shoe tray, Andrea said (on Facebook again) that it was suggested by some guests because they had come back from walking in the nearby country park and had very muddy boots. Since so many of their guests walked there she thought that they might appreciate having somewhere to put them. I think it was meant to be a service rather than a fussy demand if you see what I mean.

By the way, I haven't got a Facebook a/c so am not used to navigating it, but once I saw that you could click on 'Posts by others' rather than read the default 'Highlights' page I was able to find lots of posts by Andrea which answered the adverse comments people had after watching. Very illuminating indeed and I couldn't help feeling rather sorry for her.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way! What is in the water today?

I don't know... It's a shame...I like this thread!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the (off) topic of cliques
    DS is full of cliques. Its easy to understand why. There is most certainly a clique on the thread. Those questioning and denying the clique are, without doubt, all members. Those getting very huffy :mad: and making sarcastic comments ( such as chips Normandie :D ) about the fact that there is no clique are usually the ones who want to stay in a clique and do not want it threatened. Those puzzling or admitting it, are in the clique but are open to others getting into the clique. :D

A clique does not mean this isnt a nice thread. It's fun and cheerful and fair. That's not very common on DS :)

I am glad this conversation happened as I hope there will now be more people stepping up to actually post rather than just lurk, which I do myself.

Its not a fight or unpleasent, its exchanging views and expressing opinions openly and that is healthy and good.
    Forum Member
    daisydee wrote: »
    I do believe they ask leading questions but we only hear the answers - as though their views were off the cuff instead of merely answers (which they probably thought were 'off camera')

I think Barrowby Mill suffered for a while after their appearance on FIAB, although it looked to be a lovely place. Amanda really shot herself in the foot. :eek:

Personally i would never go on shows like this if i had a B&B,,,,its seems like it could be a real risk to business if you come across badly.

I always feel that with reality TV, that people are putting themselves on TV and will be (rightly or wrongly) judged,,i just wonder why they put themselves through it
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    This was the impression I got whilst watching the show, but we have to remember that the Production Team will show us what THEY want us to see in order to 'entertain' us. :rolleyes: I thought the shoe tray was a good idea if you wanted to use it - it didn't say 'you MUST place your shoes here' - it was an option. And I would have made use of the squeegee to clear the glass panels in the shower as when they are steamed up I would feel claustrophobic. :eek: In fact so many of the showers we see are tiny and would give me the heebyjeebies. :cry:
    Andrea did strike me as being over sensitive and needy, but is it the real her?

Of course it's the real her. The camera doesn't lie. All those excuses about people being portrayed badly due to editing is nonsense. I bet she's even worse in real life. Needy, nit picky and nasty. I've met plenty of her type in my day. And they are a nightmare.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know... It's a shame...I like this thread!

You must be in the clique. :D

Do not be distressed, this is a nice thread and more people can only mean more fun and chatter.
    I THINK that If something is said that makes you uncomfortable its often best simply to not respond to it but discuss what you want to discuss with whoever else wishes to join in the conversation.

I may go to The Salutation as my husbands family have a get together near Dover later this year and we need somewhere to stay. We have a 1 year old so I wonder how (or if) she will be welcome there?
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    A number of posters said there is a clique and that you had to be careful what you posted. How true was that? Someone storms off in a huff because they don't like what they are reading. :rolleyes:

Yes, there is or rather was a clique ;):rolleyes:

Will somebody tell me if I was in it or not - darn it. I need to know :mad:
    :p
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SueG wrote: »
    ...but once I saw that you could click on 'Posts by others' rather than read the default 'Highlights' page I was able to find lots of posts by Andrea which answered the adverse comments people had after watching. Very illuminating indeed and I couldn't help feeling rather sorry for her.
    Thank you. I will go and look.
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I wish The Salutation or Wizard's Thatch had won, the Winterbourne it seems won because their room rates were so low to start with that any overpayment was a huge percentage. Mind you, I do suspect that The Salutation didn't care about winning, they were on the show for the experience and to have some fun (and to show off their fantastic hotel of course).
    abivan wrote: »
    Haha! This thread is very cliquey, you were very lucky to get a response at all. Normally they respond to each other and ignore any comments from other members.
    That really isn't true. I hardly ever post in here, I mainly lurk and so am certainly not part of any clique, but I get replies to my posts (not all of them, but then I wouldn't expect to). When a thread is fast moving, posts often get overlooked, not ignored, and not every post in a thread is going to be responded to.
    flique wrote: »
    I don't think anyone who watched FIAB this week would dare complain for fear of the scene she'd create. It's a shame, because the b&b looked lovely and the Wizard's Thatch couple were right - she should relax more and trust in what she has.
This discussion has been closed.