Paula Abdul for the UK show?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
Forum Member
✭✭
She is wacky and spontaneous, yet her critiques on American Idol and X Factor USA were generally sound.

In the 90s, she sold millions of records and cemented her name as one of the best dancers/choreographers.

She certainly would be a lot more interesting than some of the current judges. What do you think?

Comments

• InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    Interesting, I think i'd quite like it.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole and Paula on the same panel is not a good idea imo. If Nicole wasn't coming back then I think she could work on the panel, but not otherwise. She was good as a guest judge in 2006.
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Paula Abdul but she was as bad a coach as Demi Lovato.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel more sorry for her that she was dumped after one series of XF US than Cheryl or Nicole. I think she was far worse treated than either - especially. as she and Simon go back a lot further.

There has not been a peep from her since - Cheryl and Nicole have bounced back, but not Paula. Shame. Hope she's in a good place.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love this! She's my favourite female judge of all time on any show.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    PJ River wrote: »
    I love Paula Abdul but she was as bad a coach as Demi Lovato.

That's not fair, she put a huge amount of effort into her groups that year. She had a very poor category from the beginning, not helped by Simon (a producer!) manipulating the show to favour his contestants.
  • CinnamonBrickCinnamonBrick Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, definitely not.
    It didn't work with Nicole and Paula on the same panel, doubt it'll work again.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    NO! Definitely not. I don't know why people like the bland judges so much like Dannii, Paula. They just infuriate me. They possess nothing of interest to the panel. No form of entertainment that I would enjoy. Not to mention I cringe at every joke they both make.
  • 87Ben87Ben Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Paula was better off on American Idol. I didnt like her on the X Factor USA