XFactor USA set to be cancelled. Simon Cowell to return to UK version next year?

SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
Forum Member
XFactor USA launched last night with dire ratings. An audience of only 6million and a demo of 2.1 watched the opening episode of season 3. This was just under half of the number who watched the opener in 2011 and 2012. Not only that but XFactor lost in the ratings to Big Brother USA! Fox are set to cancel XFactor due to these dire ratings.

That means that Cowell will be free next Autumn, possibly to return to the UK version. What are your thoughts about this happening?

Comments

• Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,960
    Forum Member
    We've only seen one rating, but it's not looking good.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samuel I think I speak for the majority on here. Just GO AWAY!

For someone who hates X Factor and everything to do with the show, you do ALOT of talking about it. Just forget that it exists.

What you do is sad and embarrassing for yourself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Well I wouldn't mind seeing him back here - always entertaining!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ratings are someone else's problems; just enjoy the bloody show!!!
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,960
    Forum Member
    Mattpaint wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't mind seeing him back here - always entertaining!

Are you talking about Samuel or Simon? :cool:
  • HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was waiting for Samuel's deranged hyperbolic post. There's been one episode with poor ratings. There hasn't been a whisper of it being cancelled from either Fox or Cowell's camp.
  • Presto ShinkoPresto Shinko Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Samuel, I speak for myself (the only person I'm really entitled to speak for) when I say I'm loving your work and long may it continue!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    too soon to tell. all shows are struggling with ratings, especially fox shows ( so you think you can dance was renewed with 4 milllion and 1.4 rating). but, if the x factor usa gets axed, of course simon will be back to the uk one. good for the uk show, simon is great fun
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    although sometimes I think going back to the uk show permanently is not an option to simon. he said in an interview that his baby would be raised in the uk during the begining of the year when he has BGT obligations. and for the rest of the year in LA, to where simon will come back after the next BGT's season is over. but plans change...
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "X Factor set to be cancelled"

Based on early ratings? That is a presumption.

Plus you have to take into account the average ratings on the channel and X Factor is above average for FOX.
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's to say he wouldn't do AGT instead? They will want to keep his american profile up
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The1Kuda wrote: »

SOMEONE WITH SENSE!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't there rumours that fly around every year saying that Simon is returning to the UK x factor next year? I don't want him to tbh, Simon isn't as good as he used to be and I'm liking this years panel so far.
  • SweetSyrupSweetSyrup Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, the OP is spot on here. Ratings for premieres tend to be rate much higher than episodes to follow. If X factor dips into mid-1s in the 18-49 demo, which it's very likely to, x factor US is toast.

Should also be pointed out, it's end of summer season now, the autumn/new season shows haven't actually begun screening yet, x factor has started a couple weeks early against practically no competition. Be interesting to see how the voice does now.

If I were a betting man, I'd stake last US season, and Simon back on UK series next year.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Set to be cancelled"... where did you get this from? No source, no story.

The ratings are terrible but I couldn't care less, however So You Think You Can Dance gets worse figures for FOX and is continuously renewed. They'll just keep slashing the X Factor budget. It performs OK.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SweetSyrup wrote: »
    To be fair, the OP is spot on here. Ratings for premieres tend to be rate much higher than episodes to follow. If X factor dips into mid-1s in the 18-49 demo, which it's very likely to, x factor US is toast.

Should also be pointed out, it's end of summer season now, the autumn/new season shows haven't actually begun screening yet, x factor has started a couple weeks early against practically no competition. Be interesting to see how the voice does now.

If I were a betting man, I'd stake last US season, and Simon back on UK series next year.

This wasn't true of X Factor USA last year. It started with 8 million something but some later episodes got 9 or 10 million.
  • SweetSyrupSweetSyrup Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    This wasn't true of X Factor USA last year. It started with 8 million something but some later episodes got 9 or 10 million.

Overall ratings don't count for anything in the US, only the 18-49 demo rating is important and used when considering a tv show's "success". This eroded dramatically from season start to finish last season.

Look at "Harry's Law" from last season - 10 million viewers an episode, barely scraped a 1.5 in the demo. Axed.

It's all speculation at this stage though, see how x factor does against the competition etc.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    This is because the X Factor last year became very much a teen show...it's alienated most of its maturer audience with the format last year. I want it to do well but last series was terrible - Khloe Kardigan and silent Britney were terrible.
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »
    XFactor USA launched last night with dire ratings. An audience of only 6million and a demo of 2.1 watched the opening episode of season 3. This was just under half of the number who watched the opener in 2011 and 2012. Not only that but XFactor lost in the ratings to Big Brother USA! Fox are set to cancel XFactor due to these dire ratings.

That means that Cowell will be free next Autumn, possibly to return to the UK version. What are your thoughts about this happening?

:D:D:D:D:D
  • IofielIofiel Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No link or source to back up the thread.

I bet that author is giggling away at the keyboard.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Fingers crossed he returns to the UK show. Borelow needs to GO.
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    Samuel I think I speak for the majority on here. Just GO AWAY!

For someone who hates X Factor and everything to do with the show, you do ALOT of talking about it. Just forget that it exists.

What you do is sad and embarrassing for yourself.

so people can only talk about things they like?. but we have freedom of speech.to say and talk about we like and want too.
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised Samuel is so happy at this. Surely he'd want X Factor USA to succeed so Simon doesn't come back to the UK and (probably) boost ratings here?

But indeed those ratings are not good and the show could be cancelled if it doesn't improve. If it falls below 2.0 it's game over.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    The1Kuda wrote: »

Well said! Perfectly sums up how I feel when I see in depth discussion of ratings to be honest.
  • clare32clare32 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed he returns to the UK show. Borelow needs to GO.

Borelow as you call him has already said he isn't returning to x factor next year