Have you ever found a consistant takeaway?

Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,055
Forum Member
✭✭
Because I use just eat I tend to try out a few different ones. Now and then I'll think I've found a great one and for two or three times it will be excellent. But then gradually will start going downhiil with wrong orders, food coming cold, taking ages to come etc. It never seems they can keep up a standard! Found a decent one now so hope it lasts.

(Yes I'm hungry) lol

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have but I have given up takeaways for lent. I was a bit addicted to them.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was either smoking or takeaways for me and in the end I decided to give up neither.
  • SpamJavelinSpamJavelin Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    It was either smoking or takeaways for me and in the end I decided to give up neither.
    Good for you!
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,427
    Forum Member
    Because I use just eat I tend to try out a few different ones. Now and then I'll think I've found a great one and for two or three times it will be excellent. But then gradually will start going downhiil with wrong orders, food coming cold, taking ages to come etc. It never seems they can keep up a standard! Found a decent one now so hope it lasts.

Do you tip the delivery people? - those who do generally get priority.
  • AshbourneAshbourne Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always disappointed in takeaways. I also won't go to anywhere that sells more than one type of food (unless I'm drunk, then I'll go anywhere ;) ). By that I mean an Indian takeaway that also sells pizza, or like my friend has near her a Chinese takeaway that sells pakora. I don't know why, I think i'm just strange.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good idea, I think I will copy you. Takeaways are very addictive, and I can eat any of them as long as they are stuffed with fat, sugar and God knows what else. 40 odd days without might give my tastebuds a retune and get plainer food back on the agenda more often.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you tip the delivery people? - those who do generally get priority.

I do sometimes, but the one I last had was only up the road. Plus I often pay by card and the driver usually shoots off anyway.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm happy with my local Chinese, I've heard others moan about it from time to time but I've never had any reason to complain. :)
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kebabs have Horse in them now according to reports :eek: Surely thats a step forward for Kebabs??? :D
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a chinese and an indian restaurant that are always consistent.
    On the rare occassion I order pizza that is more hit and miss.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member

(Yes I'm hungry) lol
    Jenbonjovi wrote: »
    I'm always disappointed in takeaways. I also won't go to anywhere that sells more than one type of food (unless I'm drunk, then I'll go anywhere ;) ). By that I mean an Indian takeaway that also sells pizza, or like my friend has near her a Chinese takeaway that sells pakora. I don't know why, I think i'm just strange.
    One of the favourites for me and friends is a combined pizza & Indian takeaway.
    It's always been great until the other week when we went in there after a night out.
    Everyone got their order apart from me. I asked the girl on the counter twice about my order and she said it was being cooked.
    I eventually managed to grab one of the guys behind her and he immediately saw that the order had been cooked and left on the side and appolgised.

Just my luck I guess :D

I will probably be back in there next time we are out.

Don't like their pizzas though so am thinking of ordering from somewhere else tonight for food during the footy.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member

I've decided to give up group sex with supermodels for lent.

Obviously this will be a great personal hardship but I'll simply do my best.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Pizza all the time:o...
  • Dean DareDean Dare Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just recently I have found what I think is thr best takeaway in Medway. Excellent chips (always hot), marvellous kebabs and burgers , great fish

Shame wife's banned me and put me on a diet
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah we have. A local one called Romeos. They have had our services for years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a place in one of the neighbouring towns called Lahore Kebab House. LOVE it!

I also have a Chinese take-away down the road, I'm usually getting food from there on the way back from work on Friday.
  • paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There used to be a fantastic Chinese Takeaway run by a lovely husband and wife from Hong Kong,that we used to go to for years.When it opened it was spotless,and everyone commented how good and reasonable the food was.It was that popular that on a weekend you could easily wait for an hour for your meal,but it was worth it.
    Sadly though,the couple grew old and their standards started to slide. We stopped going when we started finding some strange ingredients in the meals,such as the husbands hair,who by this point had glaucoma.
    A couple of years later the place was on the local news for being closed down by the local council for being filthy and unhygienic.Really sad story.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    There's a local kebab shop (Mega Kebab) here that I usually go to.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,774
    Forum Member
    Chinese and Indian yes. The pizza places can be great one week and rubbish the next which Is why I tend to stick to Dominos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chinese and Indian yes. The pizza places can be great one week and rubbish the next which Is why I tend to stick to Dominos.

Yeah I remember one where I always used to make sure I ordered after 8 cos that's when the better chef started working.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pugamo wrote: »
    Good idea, I think I will copy you. Takeaways are very addictive, and I can eat any of them as long as they are stuffed with fat, sugar and God knows what else. 40 odd days without might give my tastebuds a retune and get plainer food back on the agenda more often.

Well tonight I am recreating a restaurant style Chicken Tikka Masala.

We shall see if it lives up to my favourite take out (Idoubt it though)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have found that all chinese takeaways are consistently bad. I am now at the stage where I would rather have cheese on toast than a chinese takeaway.

Still like a curry though.
  • ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My local Chinese is fairly consistent. I used to order beef chow mein and chips. Very dull I know, but it was my comfort meal when I needed cheering up. Didn't go there for a few years but when I went back it was identical.
    Am wondering what the beef really was though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thedrewser wrote: »
    I have found that all chinese takeaways are consistently bad. I am now at the stage where I would rather have cheese on toast than a chinese takeaway.

Still like a curry though.

Never got the fuss over Chinese food at all, everyone seems to love it. It's my least favourite takeaway I'd say.