Shot At The Night - The Killers

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 960
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing! Been listening since half 8, I bloody love it. Sounds so 80's, already one of my faves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    melb888 wrote: »
    Amazing! Been listening since half 8, I bloody love it. Sounds so 80's, already one of my faves.

Agreed!! Are you a fan? :)
  • crazybeatscrazybeats Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    I was listening to the Battle Born back tracks all day preparing for this!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazybeats wrote: »
    I was listening to the Battle Born back tracks all day preparing for this!

Hahah lovely job! I've been so excited all day!!
  • Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As ever with The Killers, this is brilliant.
    Forum Member
    I worked my way through nearly all their albm instrumentals these past few days. Nice to sing along.
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did I not know they bringing a new track out? :eek: Anyway, I really like it, best one for a while!

Looking forward to the greatest hits album, definitely going on my Christmas list :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did I not know they bringing a new track out? :eek: Anyway, I really like it, best one for a while!

Looking forward to the greatest hits album, definitely going on my Christmas list :D

Are you all Killers gig goers? :)
  • LilNikki1987LilNikki1987 Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    I love this track :-D I have all the Killers albums and was fortunate to see them at Liverpool last year :-D. Looking forward to the greatest hits album and to see what they do next :)
    Forum Member
    I saw them last year on their tour, opening night infact and went to see Brandon on his solo tour.
    Forum Member
    crazybeats wrote: »
    I saw them last year on their tour, opening night infact and went to see Brandon on his solo tour.

Ah I forgot to mention seeing Brandon on his solo tour in Liverpool too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah I forgot to mention seeing Brandon on his solo tour in Liverpool too :)

Ahh good! I'm a bit of a superfan so the excitement has been slowly building :D:D
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    im a huge killers fan but this blows away any track from battleborn IMO

its such a great song to listen to it could be the best song from them that has mainstream appeal and could be huge since human

i still love alot of tracks from day and age and battleborn but this song is amazing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed!! Are you a fan? :)

Yeah a big fan! Love these guys, Wembley this year was my favourite gig ever :) What about you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    im a huge killers fan but this blows away any track from battleborn IMO

its such a great song to listen to it could be the best song from them that has mainstream appeal and could be huge since human

i still love alot of tracks from day and age and battleborn but this song is amazing

That's exactly what I said!! :)
    melb888 wrote: »
    Yeah a big fan! Love these guys, Wembley this year was my favourite gig ever :) What about you?

It was the garage for me!! :)
    Forum Member
    Ahh good! I'm a bit of a superfan so the excitement has been slowly building :D:D

Hehe :D I'm wondering what direction they'll go in next for the next record :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hehe :D I'm wondering what direction they'll go in next for the next record :)

Me too but I'm not expecting one until 2015/16 :( if Brandon is doing a Flamingo 2, Ronnie and Mark might do some more solo too. I wasn't a huge fan of Flamingo but I am hopeful for the next album.

I hope its not the same 4 year wait as D&A to BB because that was too long!!
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Better than their most recent efforts. Wish they would do more stuff like this. Hot Fuss was an amazing album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Better than their most recent efforts. Wish they would do more stuff like this. Hot Fuss was an amazing album.

Hot Fuss was 10 years ago, they're not gonna just keep recycling Mr Brightside
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ten years! :eek:

I don't understand the fuss around Hot Fuss, I think Sam's Town and Battle Born are better, eve though Mr Brightside is easily their best song....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shot was debuted on the 10th anniversary of their first show in London. The Dublin Castle, 16th Sep 2003 :)
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not too impressed to be honest, although I haven't really liked much they have done since the first album so porbably not the best person to judge.

Not criticising them for changing style though, one of my favourite bands is constantly doing the same thing so cant really complain!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This x10000000

And to be honest, that's what I love about The Killers. Every album they grow and progress and try new things, which I think is super brave, but at the same time if you're at one of their gigs it's all so cohesive - even though there are distinctly defined eras the songs all work so nicely together. It's be super easy just to record the same track over and over and they'd sell bucketloads, but instead they push their boundaries. Definitely excited for greatest hits and whatever lies beyond! As possibly the only fan in the world of Flamingo, I'm definitely excited for another solo Brandon album!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gav 2.0 wrote: »
    This x10000000

And to be honest, that's what I love about The Killers. Every album they grow and progress and try new things, which I think is super brave, but at the same time if you're at one of their gigs it's all so cohesive - even though there are distinctly defined eras the songs all work so nicely together. It's be super easy just to record the same track over and over and they'd sell bucketloads, but instead they push their boundaries. Definitely excited for greatest hits and whatever lies beyond! As possibly the only fan in the world of Flamingo, I'm definitely excited for another solo Brandon album!

I agree, each album has a distinct sound... But like you said it works so well together live, which they've said multiple times in interviews is their main focus.

There are many Flamingo fans - are you a member of the Killers Community?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, each album has a distinct sound... But like you said it works so well together live, which they've said multiple times in interviews is their main focus.

There are many Flamingo fans - are you a member of the Killers Community?

No, I had no idea it existed, I'll definitely look out for it? Are you a member? I'm always scared that even though The Killers are easily my most-listened-to artist, I'm not a 'hardcore' enough fan to be a part of that whole side of things! And yaay, glad Flamingo has some love, it was most definitely not well recieved within my circle of friends at all.