Parking ticket - got some details wrong

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,814
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Now I cant remember where I read this but if they put say the wrong colour down, namely, "white" instead of "silver" does this mean that the ticket doesnt stand (if all the other details are correct)?

Thanks, nana

Comments

• CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it doesn't. What it does is gives you leverage to argue the ticket was potentially issued to the wrong person, for instance a car in a neighbouring bay.

You'll have to go to appeals first. If it's in central London (particularly Camden or Westminster) I'd say forget any hope of them overturning it on this mistake. Any other council and it's pot luck, you may be lucky, you may not.
  • dmpdmp Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you'll find it still stands, mine did when they called my car brown and it was black.
    Dave
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks, guess it was just wishful thinking - my dad couldnt park anywhere and parked in a layby on the edge of the carpark in the rain for 4 mins and out they popped

nana :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nanamoan wrote: »
    Now I cant remember where I read this but if they put say the wrong colour down, namely, "white" instead of "silver" does this mean that the ticket doesnt stand (if all the other details are correct)?

Thanks, nana

I reckon you can challenge that. The fact that they got the colour wrong casts doubt on the rest of details being correct.

They may have mixed up your silver car with a white car that was illegally parked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Presumably your dad has a ticket where they need him to admit that the car was his and parked illegally.

He needs to complete the bit that says the car isn't his and send it back. He does not own a white car with that reg and model.

Also meticulously check the other info like date and time etc just in case they managed to bungle that as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP - sorry but you won't get away with this on grounds of colour.

The registration and make and model of car are the details they deem to be correct

You took the risk and got caught ... unlucky I guess
  • SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once got a ticket. They had the reg no. wrong by one letter. (They put an 'M' where an 'N' should have been).

I disputed this and said I own no such car. They then sent me photographic evidence and reduced the fine down by 10% as an apology for their "administrative error". :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend of mine was given a £75 fine for littering. They put down the wrong name on the ticket and she put in an appeal. They then re-issued the ticket in the correct name and she was told she would have to pay before a certain date or be taken to court and have it increased until she did pay up.
  • derek1234derek1234 Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assume the ticket was either issued by a council authority as in a council controled car park, or a public road?

If so... get over to the pepipoo forums.

http://www.forums.pepipoo.com

If the ticket was issued in a private car park (by cowboys), it is simply an unenforceable invoice.

Again, details at pepipoo and I can't stress enough how important it is to get help on their forums.
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    We got a parking ticket and they put the wrong street name and the wrong bloody reg on the ticket! Still had to pay it though even after we appealed.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got a parking ticket and they put the wrong street name and the wrong bloody reg on the ticket! Still had to pay it though even after we appealed.

If the registration was wrong, how would they have chased it up if you hadn't paid ?
    Forum Member
    Mister H wrote: »
    If the registration was wrong, how would they have chased it up if you hadn't paid ?

Well, they may not have, it was the wrong street, reg and everything but as it was the works van we just paid up. Had it been a personal vehicle we may not have and maybe never heard any more....we'll never know now.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If ANY of the details are incorrect-contest it-it doesnt cost you anything to do, and you may get away with it!
    Forum Member
    If ANY of the details are incorrect-contest it-it doesnt cost you anything to do, and you may get away with it!

Yes it does because you still have to pay the fine whilst it goes to appeal. Then if the outcome is in your favour you'll be refunded.