sqwidge1978sqwidge1978 Posts: 1,048
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Web site to find out your nearest cinema screening Doctor Who

http://www.doctorwho.tv/watch-the-day-of-the-doctor/#cinema

Comments

• KNs47KNs47 Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I can't get this to work. Does anyone know which cinemas in the centre of London are showing it?
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It crashes my browser every time. Does anybody know if it's UK-only data?
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    KNs47 wrote: »
    I can't get this to work. Does anyone know which cinemas in the centre of London are showing it?

Nearest to ExCel are O2 Cinewordl, West Indian Quay Cineworld and Greenwich Picture House

Also Stratford and Hackney Picturehouses, VUE at Islington, Cineworld (Trocadero), VUE Leicester Square, Odeon Covent Garden and BFI Southbank
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    It crashes my browser every time. Does anybody know if it's UK-only data?

UK, Germany, Australia and New Zeland at the moment. No US yet
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that's a really bloody annoying website. Is there a straightforward list anywhere?! Or is that too easy?
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently the only showing in Northern Ireland is in the Odeon in Belfast...which is annoying because the prices there are extortionate in the extreme.
  • BadWolfOneBadWolfOne Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Keeps crashing my browser also.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadWolfOne wrote: »
    Keeps crashing my browser also.

Which browser? Firefox V24 working fine here
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will they show the 50th special before or after it is broadcast on TV?
    Forum Member
    solenoid wrote: »
    Will they show the 50th special before or after it is broadcast on TV?

Either Simulcast of after depending on Cinema. We'll know more when tickets go on sale
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Apparently the only showing in Northern Ireland is in the Odeon in Belfast...which is annoying because the prices there are extortionate in the extreme.

Tell me about it! I was hoping for Movie House, Dublin Road. Only £4 for 3D, in Odeon it's closer to £14.
  • shortcrustshortcrust Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three in Sheffield. Odeon, Cineworld and Meadowhall.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Cineworld Ashford is miles away and impossible to get to without a car. How annoying!
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cinema screenings will take place the same time as the UK TV broadcast on BBC One on 23rd November 2013, giving fans another unique opportunity to be part of a truly global celebration for the iconic British drama series.
    This is tempting as I do not have a 3DTV.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do wick now if it's being shown in 3D on TV as well?
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES!
    My local is screening it :D Shall be booking tomorrow
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Android phones and apple keeps crashing, so tried it on windows laptop and it's ok and shows all that are showing in the cinemas . I then rang cineworld about information and they said that booking tickets and prices will not be available to general public until 9 days before screening. I then phoned odeon and they said prices unknown and sale to general public 14 days before screening
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dfred wrote: »
    Android phones and apple keeps crashing

Broadly the same thing here — iOS 7's Safari and the current Android Chrome both crashed every time. No problems whatsoever in Safari on a Mac.
    Do wick now if it's being shown in 3D on TV as well?
    I think one of the other reports said yes, but possibly only on Sky.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's a really bloody annoying website. Is there a straightforward list anywhere?! Or is that too easy?

Just stick in your postcode and it shows you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I live next to a giant odeon complex and it's not showing it, nearest one is an hours drive.. hoping they add more!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amyy. wrote: »
    I live next to a giant odeon complex and it's not showing it, nearest one is an hours drive.. hoping they add more!

You can't spare two hours of your day for 75 minutes watching something that you're going to see anyway on a larger screen? Shocking!
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nearest to ExCel are O2 Cinewordl, West Indian Quay Cineworld and Greenwich Picture House

Also Stratford and Hackney Picturehouses, VUE at Islington, Cineworld (Trocadero), VUE Leicester Square, Odeon Covent Garden and BFI Southbank

Stratford Picture House is actually the best option, as you can get there direct on the dlr in under 10 minutes. Lovely cinema as well. It's roughly the same distance as the O2 cinema but far superior and no need to change for the tube.

It's also much nearer than the Greenwich Picture House - you'd need to get to North Greenwich and take a bus , woolwich(after walking across the river by footbridge) and take a bus/train or take three dlr trains.
  • Ben_FreemanBen_Freeman Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    So can I book on Friday then that's when tickets go on sale
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmmm. Not holding out much hope for getting tickets for this. Two cinemas...both Vue and Picturhouse are listed but phone calls to both gave mixed results. The Vue were totally clueless. Typical. The Picture House after a real search of their system could confirm they have a 'provisional' programing of it- only found when I told them the date- but could give no concrete info on booking tickets or say for certain if it will be on.

I am not massively bothered as I generally prefer to watch things at home on my big tasty TV but it feels right to mark the event like this. Fingers crossed.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm. Not holding out much hope for getting tickets for this. Two cinemas...both Vue and Picturhouse are listed but phone calls to both gave mixed results. The Vue were totally clueless. Typical. The Picture House after a real search of their system could confirm they have a 'provisional' programing of it- only found when I told them the date- but could give no concrete info on booking tickets or say for certain if it will be on.

I am not massively bothered as I generally prefer to watch things at home on my big tasty TV but it feels right to mark the event like this. Fingers crossed.

Like with many ticket related things when it comes to Doctor Who, it'll probably be a bit chaotic due to sheer weight of demand ;)