GTA V Autosave

liam58liam58 Posts: 80
Forum Member
After playing up to the end of the mission where you have to pick between a red and white car and then race followed by escaping the cops. I was wondering where the first or the next auto save point is as my game doesn't seem to have saved yet.

Comments

• GibsyGibsy Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    liam58 wrote: »
    After playing up to the end of the mission where you have to pick between a red and white car and then race followed by escaping the cops. I was wondering where the first or the next auto save point is as my game doesn't seem to have saved yet.

Hi Don't quote me on this as I am no GTA expert but you have to go to his home and lie on the bed, this triggers the save.
  • liam58liam58 Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Ok I will try this. Thank you!
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Keep an eye on the bottom corner when the mission finishes the auto save icon is very small.
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a quick save in the phone, I don't know whether this is any different to the bed routine.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AxG wrote: »
    There's a quick save in the phone, I don't know whether this is any different to the bed routine.

From what I've seen the only thing the quick save doesn't do is advance time and restore your health everything else is the same.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    From what I've seen the only thing the quick save doesn't do is advance time and restore your health everything else is the same.

so it just saves then...

if you save it like this, then turn off console, what happens when it loads? does it go back to same time, same place, same health?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if you save in your bed when u reload you will be at your house but if you reload from a quick save your character will be out and about doing their own thing, all your stats and time of day will be as they were when u saved it.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    clarky323 wrote: »
    so it just saves then...

does it go back to same time, same place, same health?

Yes it does.
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Yes it does.
    so it's a genuine instant save?...you save, turn off and when you play the game again, its execatly where you left off, location, progress....yes?. I know you've said yes, I just want to make sure...lol
  • liam58liam58 Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Thanks to everyone who has helped. I got the issue sorted!!!!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotelier wrote: »
    so it's a genuine instant save?...you save, turn off and when you play the game again, its execatly where you left off, location, progress....yes?. I know you've said yes, I just want to make sure...lol

Your character will unlikely be in the same location, everything else will be the same though.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your character will unlikely be in the same location, everything else will be the same though.

that's a shame, I was gonna speed towards some coppers and then instantly save it so when my brother goes on it later.....yeah, you get the idea ;)
    Forum Member

They are in the exact same location as when you quick saved.

Jeez, how many times do I have to explain? Try it if you don't believe me, it's not difficult.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are in the exact same location as when you quick saved.

Jeez, how many times do I have to explain? Try it if you don't believe me, it's not difficult.

Sorry I must have got confused with character switching

Anyway was there any need to be a dick about it?
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The game saves and when you come back to it the character always seems to be out doing something or wearing different clothes.

I think the game kind of "carries on" when your not playing it so you character is just leading their life away from your control.

Same as when you switch characters - they are never where you left them!!!!

I think it's an awesome feature and enhances the living breathing world design!
    Forum Member
    Sorry I must have got confused with character switching

Anyway was there any need to be a dick about it?

I'd already explained and people were still asking about it as if what I said was invisible, so yes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd already explained and people were still asking about it as if what I said was invisible, so yes.

EDIT: actually ok fair enough