Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dyer24 wrote: »
    I don't like it when people use 'lol' in their own statuses, especially when its not funny. Saw this one recently...

'Just finished two loads of washing, now just have to iron it all lol'

How is that remotely lol????

Makes you wonder if they stand there p*ssing themselves laughing whilst they're doing the ironing.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Rachael. wrote: »
    Makes you wonder if they stand there p*ssing themselves laughing whilst they're doing the ironing.

Lmao :D
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like it when people use 'lol' in their own statuses, especially when its not funny. Saw this one recently...

This thread is always great to come onto for a bit of a chuckle, but these two posts have really made laugh out loud literally! Basically because I agree, it's just so stupid! :D
  • Chairman___MeowChairman___Meow Posts: 414
    Forum Member

I imagine them laughing manically to themselves with tears in their eyes at the sheer futility of it all :D
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    There is one girl right now who about 3-6 times everyday posts how much she misses her partner who died about 6 months ago I guess.

Ok that would be fine except for the 3 years before that about 90% of her posts were about how much she hated him and the things he did to her and the kids now he's dead all of a sudden he's the greatest person whoever lived.

Don't get me wrong I get she may have really loved him
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did it go from being lied to/ripped off to having people think she was moving to America? :confused:

It's a status game based on the day and month you were born. There's a list of 12 countries and each one corresponds to a month. You pick the country that matches the month you were born in.

The statement you then post is something like 'I'm moving to [country] for [date of your birthday] months'.

The rather stupid idea is that women all playing this game suggests that they are standing together in the fight against breast cancer!
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    It's a status game based on the day and month you were born. There's a list of 12 countries and each one corresponds to a month. You pick the country that matches the month you were born in.

The statement you then post is something like 'I'm moving to [country] for [date of your birthday] months'.

The rather stupid idea is that women all playing this game suggests that they are standing together in the fight against breast cancer!
    My FB hasn't got that one yes I know a friend said a few months ago she was going to Germany for 2 years but even her husband wrote on her status confirming it
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've a "friend", who I've mentioned on here before, whos obsessed with the Holocaust after visiting Auschwitz.

Every status is a real "Holier than Thou" attack on ANYBODY who makes a flippant comment about their life. Don't you dare say you're "starving", because you can guarantee she'll post a thinly veiled status about you saying "Some people need to visit Auschwitz to understand real suffering".

Totally mental.

Wasn't a friend of mine but on a friend's status:

My friend said she found an exam extremely difficult and now wanted to relax (I think she's in 3rd year at Uni). Fair enough I'm sure most of us would all say.
    No this girl then starts ranting about how we shouldn't be complaining about any education we receive (deemed it as a first world problem) as kids in Africa don't get any and most don't survive to University level.

I managed to restrain myself from counter ranting. Friend just said that our 'first world problems' are just as valid to complain about as we're experiencing them.
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »

This is what i don't understand.

How can you raise awareness of something if you don't even mention what that thing is?

Also, I'm sick of facebook being used to "raise awareness" of things which are already out there in the open, things which every person knows full well about, such as breast cancer!

How much awareness needs to be raised exactly? It's not even like they are doing it to collect money, it's just posting silly comments and status updates to confuse people. It's not as if breast cancer is this new thing that no one had heard about until last week...:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Any sickly, vomit-inducing update about how wonderful someone's bastard offspring is.

Haha I was going to write something along the lines of this, but you put it so eloquently. ;)
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member

I have friends who have entire conversations like that:

Friend 1 "Are you going to town today lol"
    Friend 2 "Yeah but only just got up lol"
    Friend 1 "I'll meet you at 11 then lol"
    Friend 2 "Ok lol"
    Friend 1 "lmao"

:confused:
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any sickly, vomit-inducing update about how wonderful someone's bastard offspring is.

I noticed a comment on this girl's album: "aww, she gets prettier each day you post a picture of her"

Can i ask why she might feel the need to parade her new born on facebook with new pictures EVERY single day? It's her first and i can understand that she's happy to be a mum but why post photo's of the kid each day?
  • JonahTakaluaJonahTakalua Posts: 2,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Thankyou all so much for your wonderful Happy Birthday posts. I would love to thank you all personally but there are just too many of them (115!!). I truly feel loved"

This doesn't need any explanation. So cringeworthy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose this is why we have privacy settings but i tweeted about the telephone interview i had today about a job i had been short-listed for, now i'm being "interrogated" by a friend on facebook about the job and which company etc...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On my newsfeed earlier...

"About to ride to work, check out the window, weather is clear. 10 minutes later = blizzard! Fml"

It was lies. I live down the road from him and we hardly had any snow. Plonker.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have friends who have entire conversations like that:

Friend 1 "Are you going to town today lol"
    Friend 2 "Yeah but only just got up lol"
    Friend 1 "I'll meet you at 11 then lol"
    Friend 2 "Ok lol"
    Friend 1 "lmao"

:confused:

Well I'm lololololing :(
  • toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cue all the coupled people this morning posting on each others walls or tagging their partners in status updates

sickly sweet Valentines messages, bragging about what you've bought/received

no one is impressed!
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    toyotacity wrote: »
    Cue all the coupled people this morning posting on each others walls or tagging their partners in status updates

sickly sweet Valentines messages, bragging about what you've bought/received

no one is impressed!

I find it funny to read the ones in relationships posting things like "valentines day isn't important, I know my partner loves me, we don't need this one day a year to show it" blah blah blah

In actual fact they are probably having some argument because the guy forgot or they both agreed not to buy anything but she did anyway and is upset he got her nothing!
  • toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blofeld wrote: »
    I find it funny to read the ones in relationships posting things like "valentines day isn't important, I know my partner loves me, we don't need this one day a year to show it" blah blah blah

In actual fact they are probably having some argument because the guy forgot or they both agreed not to buy anything but she did anyway and is upset he got her nothing!

Completely agree, if you love someone you show it all year round, not just on one day of the year

One particular couple doing the "i've received xxx as a present i'm so lucky" they've got an open relationship and are getting civilly partnered soon

Yeah because the relationship is that good just having each other isn't enough
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

haha I've seems so many of these and thought the exact same. Don't know if I find these more annoying or the people posting pictures of the flowers and presents they received (yes I am bitter that I'm alone).
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    toyotacity wrote: »
    Completely agree, if you love someone you show it all year round, not just on one day of the year

Exactly. Im friends with my boyfriend on fb but will i write on there how much i love him and happy valentines day to him? No i wont. If i want to say happy val day ill say it in real life.

One of my contacts has put happy val day to my wonderful hubby. Our first of many, i love u forever *name* ...

The thing is he doesnt go on facebook so why has she written it to him? If hes going to read it on her phone why doesnt she just say it to him! Why has she got to tell the message to everyone in the world except the one person its aimed at? Attention seeking.
  • SoupbowlSoupbowl Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

women :rolleyes:.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    My :mad: on FB is when 2 people are having a conversion, sometimes personal, and I know they are in the same house and even same room WTH !! :rolleyes: :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's this photo game that's doing the rounds at the moment? This is the fourth person who's posted and said "any idea?" or "any help?"
This discussion has been closed.