The Ratings Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    Interesting news. I have no idea how this one will go. It's just nice to finally have a sitcom on ITV for the first time in what seems like forever.

There's another one on the way called The Job Lot. Stars Russell Tovey from Being Human and Him And Her, and Sarah Hadland from Miranda.
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    I'm Welsh and Wales deserved to win. England had a chance at Granslam and we took it from them you can't blame us we were the better team! If England Won they would have created an Ident for it so why can't Wales?

I think it will rate very well. I think 7million+ and a peak of over 9 million.

Well Done Wales :D
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    iaindb wrote: »
    There's another one on the way called The Job Lot. Stars Russell Tovey from Being Human and Him And Her, and Sarah Hadland from Miranda.

Yes, I have a good feeling about this one as it sounds like more of a safe bet for a mainstream audience. Think it might do quite well.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Amongst CDE men 55-64 in Wales, I suspect the share will be about 102%

It's odd in South Wales in particular, rugby union has a very strong following across all classes, and was strongest in mining and steel towns, whereas in England the sport is far more middle class and tends to have a limited folowing in working class areas. However, rugby league, where I live, mirrors the rugby union situation in Wales, the following in west Cumbria is strongest among C2DE men over 40 and the game had its roots among miners and steelmen. A large group of us over 40 year old C2DEs meet up to watch our sport every Friday night in the pub,
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    You mean like this:

18:45 - Doctor Who
    19:30 - The Voice
    20:30 - The National Lottery - Who Dare Wins
    21:20 - Casualty
    22:10 - News
    22:30 - Match of the Day

That could well happen. I can't think of a 35-minute programme that would go in at 20:45, so it's probably just the Beeb playing their cards close to their chest.

There had been speculation that the audition shows will be shorter than last year. Someone said that last year they had to be longer but fewer in number than originally intended, in order to get the series finished in time for Euro 2012, so a 60-minute length would not be unexpected.

2012: 4 x 80 mins for Blind Auditions
    * 320 mins to produce 40 successful auditionees (8 mins each)
    2013: 6 x 60 mins (?) for Blind Auditions
    * 360 mins to produce 48 successful auditionees (7.5 mins each)

By no means confirmed, of course.

Yes that's it. Sorry for not explaining properly. The schedule you put there looks exactly like what we have been saying. Pointless celebs could go on before DW and they end up with a pretty neat night.

And as for running time 60 mins is easier to schedule and probably better for the show. Great working out by the way. Thanks a lot for that! :) The BBC should go with the above and forget about SNT. Yes it's doing well but it's against substandard competition.

Ken
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the subject of the Rugby. What a game! And coming from an Englishman, Well done Wales! Thoroughly, thoroughly deserved. A pleasure to watch.

Is a 10m peak to much to ask? England France got an 8m peak didn't it?

Ken
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent rating for CR, equalling the 2011 show, but 30 minutes longer I believe. LS back below 3m, I wonder how EM & CS held up.
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,618
    Forum Member
    Too much for bbc one to actually signpost their loyal viewers to what time doctor who is actually being shown. But of course it wont get a fixed slot either. I suppose they dont care about the extra millions of viewers they loose through rubbish scheduling.
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    I suppose it is their national sport.

They're shit at everything else....

:)

Wales doesn't have a National Football team at a high level but Swansea are in the premiership.
  • BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 23,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant rugby match tonight - none stop entertainment from beginning to end (from one team at least) and it'll be interesting to see the ratings in Wales. Wasn't the Grand Slam last year something ridiculous like 80% of the population, while tonight's has been even more hyped. Should get a decent figure across the country to.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wales doesn't have a National Football team at a high level but Swansea are in the premiership.

Cardiff probably will be next year too.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cardiff probably will be next year too.

Wales have Gareth Bale and since Spurs are a one man team, they can claim Tottenham Hotspur too :D
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wales have Gareth Bale and since Spurs are a one man team, they can claim Tottenham Hotspur too :D

................until the summer most likely.

Anyway George, looking at the Ant and Dec thread loads of people with high praise and saying that they are going on to watch The Cube. Keeping the button on 3, just like the old days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    ................until the summer most likely.

Anyway George, looking at the Ant and Dec thread loads of people with high praise and saying that they are going on to watch The Cube. Keeping the button on 3, just like the old days.

Well BBC1 is awful tonight and people have seen enough rugby already today
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronant, who is not known for his itv cheer leading, was saying that it got great audience reaction the studio filming

I was hearing, standing ovations!! When was ITV's last studio sitcom with a live audience?
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member

Mrs Brown will come to the rescue and crush Ross again, though. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well I have to admit Ant and Dec are probably the closest thing to proper Saturday night entertainment there is. The BBC have been playing it safe with Dale and Casualty for far too long imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    I was hearing, standing ovations!! When was ITV's last studio sitcom with a live audience?

Was it Teenage Kicks starring Ade Edmondson? That was in 2008.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »

So I wonder what style is it? Pre or post watershed-is it going down the Mrs Brown route with swearing or just clever enough to do without that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    Digiguide now has this for the 30th:

18:10 - Doctor Who
    18:55 - To Be Announced (i.e. The Voice)
    19:55 - The National Lottery - Who Dares Wins
    20:45 - To Be Announced
    21:20 - Casualty
    22:10 - News
    22:30 - Match of the Day

against this on ITV:

18:00 - Regional News / News
    18:30 - You've Been Framed (r)
    19:00 - SNT
    20:15 - The Cube
    21:15 - Ross
    22:15 - News
    22:30 - FILM: 300

Looking at that I would say 8.15 for The Voice as The Cube isnt suddenly going to sprout 2 million extra viewers. But does that leave Dr Who exposed to SNT or could Pointless Celebs cover 50 mins of SNT with Dr Who starting at 6.35 ish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I wonder what style is it? Pre or post watershed-is it going down the Mrs Brown route with swearing or just clever enough to do without that?

I think it is more intellectual than the BBC offering.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Was it Teenage Kicks starring Ade Edmondson? That was in 2008.

Ade is very much a face of itv these days. Someone likes him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at that I would say 8.15 for The Voice as The Cube isnt suddenly going to sprout 2 million extra viewers all of a sudden. But does that leave Dr Who exposed to SNT or could Pointless Celebs cover 50 mins of SNT with Dr Who starting at 6.35 ish.

Next Saturday's Pointless Celebrities is a Doctor Who special. Surely if PC was going out on March 30th, they'd save the DW episode for that night as a lead-in for Doctor Who.
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member

Not enough viewers in the 4pm slot do, though. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is more intellectual than the BBC offering.

You could probably say that Sue Perkins' Heading Out is more intellectual than MBB but compare the ratings (even allowing for HO being on BBC2).

No, they only picked him for their tour of Britain programme cos it gave them a punny programme title - Ade In Britain.:D
This discussion has been closed.