free game on psn worth a look

dave666dave666 Posts: 1,368
Forum Member
✭✭✭
as it says in title free game dust 514 its still in beta i have not played it yet but from opening video it looks like a rpg shooter

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    dave666 wrote: »
    as it says in title free game dust 514 its still in beta i have not played it yet but from opening video it looks like a rpg shooter

I downloaded it last night, gave it five mins this morn, looks good. When grandparents pick up lil one i will give a bit of effort.
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Also The HD remake of Jetpack Joyride is free and is quite good.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't keen last time I tried dust but will look out for the jetpack one
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Jet Pack for the Ps3 ?. I have it on my laptop but it's a game for windows.
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Is Jet Pack for the Ps3 ?. I have it on my laptop but it's a game for windows.

yes, and free makes money through micro-transactions. However it is pointless you can earn all the bonus objects with only a few hours play.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I downloaded Jetback Joyride on my phone and finished it. Nice, easy, addictive game.

Got it on the vita a week ago, looks good, plays nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    yes, and free makes money through micro-transactions. However it is pointless you can earn all the bonus objects with only a few hours play.

Kool thanks for that :)
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Activision are entering the free-to-play market. They are currently trialing a free Call Of Duty Online game in China, where players can pay for extra weapons, kit and perks. They will be taking it worldwide if it is a success there.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hated the Dust beta, I'm afraid. Customisation options were all overly complicated, but main issue was that it took WAY too long to respawn. I know it's meant to be more tactical, unlike COD, but that's difficult when the main assault rifle has no sight and recoil like a heavy machine gun.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a quick blast on the beta. It is much, much better than it was in the closed beta. Character movement is more precise, guns feel more powerful. Also good to see the vehicles rolling around.
    Still not quite there - but a big step forward.

One to keep an eye on. I love the ambition of it.

Could this make up for the disappointment that was Starhawk......:cry:

I didn't have an issue with the respawns - what mode were you playing??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im gonna keep going with dust, quite a bit of potential I rekon, the whole customisation side needs to be made a bit clearer or simplified, spawns are fine if your side has one of the clone machine thingys captured.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    Had a quick blast on the beta. It is much, much better than it was in the closed beta. Character movement is more precise, guns feel more powerful. Also good to see the vehicles rolling around.
    Still not quite there - but a big step forward.

One to keep an eye on. I love the ambition of it.

Could this make up for the disappointment that was Starhawk......:cry:

I didn't have an issue with the respawns - what mode were you playing??

I didn't like the closed beta either. But downloaded the public one and will give it another go.

Or I'll just go back to Warhawk.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like the closed beta either. But downloaded the public one and will give it another go.

Or I'll just go back to Warhawk.

Still my fav online game.

The community is still fairly strong too - shame that you only seem to get the small maps being played now though. I miss the huge epic battles on Eucadia....
  • HardstylerHardstyler Posts: 1,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I downloaded Jetback Joyride on my phone and finished it. Nice, easy, addictive game.

Got it on the vita a week ago, looks good, plays nice.

I also have it my vita and it is a little cracker