The village series 3??

Daniel_Evans2Daniel_Evans2 Posts: 70
Forum Member
Did this ever get renewed or cancelled or is it still stuck In limbo. With the sad death of actor david ryall who played old bert can't see another series

Comments

• jwire1977jwire1977 Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Well they barely showed him in series 2 compared with the first when (iirc) he was on-screen a bit more. So to recast him as purely a voiceover would not be a huge problem.

That said, the ending of series 2 seemed highly cauterised. All loose ends not so neatly tied up - such as the sudden reappearance of the adopted illegitimate son of the big house. It seemed a farewell.
  • mammacassimammacassi Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I do hope ther is another series, brilliant show ,hundred times better than Downton.
  • Tina_KramerTina_Kramer Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't go as far as to say it's 100 times better than Downton Abbey but I really enjoyed "The Village." Sad to hear the actor who played Old Bert has died.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This and The Mill have both yet to be renewed

I wouldn't be shocked if it was axed. It managed about 6 million for series 1. But 4 million for series 2. They axed The Paradise for earning an average 5 million.

The Village and Downton Abbey are too incredibly different shows, so to say one is better than the other wouldn't make sense. It would be like saying Mr Selfridge is better than Upstairs Downstairs. Apart from the fact they are both period dramas, the setting, characters and storylines are massively different.
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    Did this ever get renewed or cancelled or is it still stuck In limbo. With the sad death of actor david ryall who played old bert can't see another series

They wont need to recast him. The next series is supposed to centre on 10 years ahead.
  • jwire1977jwire1977 Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    They wont need to recast him. The next series is supposed to centre on 10 years ahead.

David Ryall has done either a voiceover or 'on camera to interviewer' piece looking back at his/Bert's earlier life in series one and two, bookending each episode. Unless they drop that format, they DO need to recast as he is now dead.
  • shya100shya100 Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump.

Has anything been heard about this. I hoped it would be back. The paradise wasn't that good and very expensive to make. I hope they keep the village. It would be landmark TV if they went up nearly to the present.
  • adrieldantasadrieldantas Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    It would be good, love this show.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do hope they bring it back.

I loved both series. The cast were fabulous.
  • David_ArcherDavid_Archer Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I'm sure when it started they said it would run for many series coming up to present day
  • Richard TaylorRichard Taylor Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 3 is rumoured to have started filming. More news when source finds out!

Richard
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    Maybe old Bert had filmed stuff before he died.