The Voice UK 4/5/13 I Final Blind Auditions I @ 8:05pm BBC One/BBC HD

1252627282931»

Comments

• ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maggie_07 wrote: »
    My only small criticism is I get fed up with the families screaming 'push, push'. It's much better when they just have a couple of friends, like Karl did 2 weeks ago, and they didn't cut to them at all so we can hear the song straight through.

Totally agree. It ruins the audition and I would have thought the family/friends would want to actually listen as well, they seem to just irritatingly scream most of the way through. Though seeing one of the girlfriends tonight backstage rolling on the floor screaming and carrying on with herself dramatically was quite funny.

I think they should limit it to, say, three (quiet!) people. You don't need twenty people with you when you are auditioning.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Bronwen a lot; I was shouting at Will and Jessie to turn. I thought the woman who sang first was good too. On the other hand, I couldn't believe anyone turned for the Filipino guy or Leticia.

A question: why are the coaches so hung up on male singers hitting high notes? John for instance sang Wicked Game excellently when singing low, but they were all obsessing over his high notes. I suppose it's difficult to do, but that doesn't make it worth doing. As Dr Johnson once said when told how difficult it was to do something "Difficult! I wish it was impossible!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ratty0 wrote: »
    Totally agree. It ruins the audition and I would have thought the family/friends would want to actually listen as well, they seem to just irritatingly scream most of the way through. Though seeing one of the girlfriends tonight backstage rolling on the floor screaming and carrying on with herself dramatically was quite funny.

I think they should limit it to, say, three (quiet!) people. You don't need twenty people with you when you are auditioning.

I get the impression they inject them all with adrenalin just prior to 'their' singer going on stage, some are just a shocking embarrassment!
  • Chief_WahooChief_Wahoo Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was the worst show of the audition stages.They tried way too hard to make it what they considered an edge of seat climax,but failed miserably and came up with with something that was just SOOOOO predictable.Apart from the poor editing,I just found the majority of the acts seriously lacking.

Bronwen and Rob were easily the best voices on the show but didn't get a look in.Absolute joke,considering some of the other muppets who got through.:mad:
  • iiyama17iiyama17 Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Average episode.

Thought the team quota looked really flawed tonight. Wasn't about the Voice. It was about a coach wanting to win making it no different to the X Factor

Except they still can't see the singer before they have turned their chairs....so it's nothing like the X Factor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone watching the repeat on BBC3?
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iiyama17 wrote: »
    Except they still can't see the singer before they have turned their chairs....so it's nothing like the X Factor.

Aside the disappointment when they turn and see the person has the 'look' its exactly like the X Factor. Coaches or mentors wanting to win, soppy VT's
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one turned for Bronwen!!! ffs!!!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will.i.am
    Please BBC

No more close ups on Jessie

Ha ha!
    Hearsay.

What an awful band name.

I remember Danny explaining the name choice on Popstars. Unless I misheard him, it was something along the lines of "...because you hear about the band and then you say...".
    it was a bit bad that when they turned nobody recognised him. oops

When he said that his name was Danny and paused slightly before adding his surname, I think he was hoping that "Danny" would've been enough to trigger memories of him in Hearsay.
    Kim Jong Un?

I thought that too, even though Filipino and Korean are completely different nationalities!
    Daewos wrote: »
    what band was [Brett Davison] in?

NVS, says Google. That name does ring a faint bell with me, although I can't recall any of their songs. Slightly confusingly, he mentioned supporting JLS and there was a group years previously called VS, of which Marvin from JLS was a member.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny
    Amusing blog form Monkseal on the final Blind Audition round here :D