Options

Britain's Compulsive Shoppers

CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Nothing new here, just the same old obsessive weirdos.

I suppose wastrel single baby machine Ebony is on benefits, and spends most of it on stuff she doesn't need.

At least Dipna spends her parents money, boy is she a spoilt princess.

Dene is almost sane, trying his best to recreate the excitement of his Pop days by buying hawiian shirts off E-Yab, no, I'll take that back, Dene is insane.

Love Jasmine, but felt uncomfotable as she gushed forth psychiatric opinions that she isn't really qualified to opine.

Comments

• Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where does all the money come from?
    Dipna is, as you say spoilt with rich parents, who are blind to it being a serious problem.
    The other two have big debts, not all all worried about them.
    What a waste of all those unused goods. Dene surely doesn't make that much money now?
    At least his situation has improved.
    I feel sorry for Ebony's boys, they life is dominated by her addiction.
    I was shocked by the extent of the addictions of those featured.
    I thought Jasmine did a good job.
    She has great experience of her mother 's hoarding addiction, and has discussed the problems with psychiatrists , so I think her knowledge and experience should be recognised.
  • Options
    GibmanGibman Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Jasmine has been spending some of her shopping money at Gregg's.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »

Dene is almost sane, trying his best to recreate the excitement of his Pop days by buying hawiian shirts off E-Yab, no, I'll take that back, Dene is insane.

All those years of pushing pineapples and shaking trees is bound to take its toll.:D
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »
    Where does all the money come from?
    Dipna is, as you say spoilt with rich parents, who are blind to it being a serious problem.
    The other two have big debts, not all all worried about them.
    What a waste of all those unused goods. Dene surely doesn't make that much money now?
    At least his situation has improved.
    I feel sorry for Ebony's boys, they life is dominated by her addiction.
    I was shocked by the extent of the addictions of those featured.
    I thought Jasmine did a good job.
    She has great experience of her mother 's hoarding addiction, and has discussed the problems with psychiatrists , so I think her knowledge and experience should be recognised.

Exactly so. Jasmine always does a good job.
  • Options
    Z StardustZ Stardust Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    The e-bay addicted bloke looked like an overweight Morrissey. In fact, just looked like Morrissey these days!
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,048
    Forum Member
    Gibman wrote: »
    Looks like Jasmine has been spending some of her shopping money at Gregg's.

I think perhaps it might be due to the fact she'd not long had a baby when the programme was made.
  • Options
    theidtheid Posts: 6,060
    Forum Member
    Dipna reminded me of a family I knew when I was growing up. The son was "special needs" and the parents constant worry was what would happen to him when they died.
    Dipna's parents really are killing her with kindness. No mention of friends, social life, interests outside the home (other than shopping, obviously). Very sad. Money can't buy you everything, as they say.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Asian families would be queing up their sons to marry Dipna, she's pretty and smart [ and RICH ! ] but she seems to be a home bird and a Mummy's Girl.
    It's not her parents that are preventing her from spreading her wings, she wants babies and a husband but can't take the first steps towards that goal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Asian families would be queing up their sons to marry Dipna, she's pretty and smart [ and RICH ! ] but she seems to be a home bird and a Mummy's Girl.
    It's not her parents that are preventing her from spreading her wings, she wants babies and a husband but can't take the first steps towards that goal.

She may have said she wanted to get married but I don't think she really did. I was a bit surprised there was no talk of an arranged marriage but as she's reached 30 maybe she's just too old. Dipna didn't want a substitute for shopping and daddy looked rich enough to always bail her out.
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Z Stardust wrote: »
    The e-bay addicted bloke looked like an overweight Morrissey. In fact, just looked like Morrissey these days!

It's all those really beefy beef burgers Morrissey scoffs everyday
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howardl wrote: »
    It's all those really beefy beef burgers Morrissey scoffs everyday

He loves....meat does Morrissey.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Dipna came across the most unlikeable out of the three of them.

She seemed ungrateful, spoilt and unaware of what she actually did have. Does she seriously think earning £500 a week can buy dozens of Chanel belts and brand new Mercedes?!?

A lot of the stuff she bought for thousands of pounds actually looked quite chavvy!!
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Dipna seemed very immature. My son remarked that she acted and talked as if she was about 12 years old.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dipna's having the last laugh. She's a tv regular!

Raymond Blancs 10 week The Restaurant You’re Fried series as a Restaurateur judge, Ramsay’s cook-along, Ramsay’s Best Restaurant and The Hotel. She co-owns the family run Brilliant Restaurant in Southall and has also published a recipe book.

I didn't believe she wanted a husband but now I'm only surprised she had any time for shopping.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    Dipna's having the last laugh. She's a tv regular!

Raymond Blancs 10 week The Restaurant You’re Fried series as a Restaurateur judge, Ramsay’s cook-along, Ramsay’s Best Restaurant and The Hotel. She co-owns the family run Brilliant Restaurant in Southall and has also published a recipe book.

I didn't believe she wanted a husband but now I'm only surprised she had any time for shopping.

Having the last laugh? She made a fool of herself really on national television and if your story is correct, blatantly exaggerated (shall we say) her circumstances
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Having the last laugh? She made a fool of herself really on national television and if your story is correct, blatantly exaggerated (shall we say) her circumstances

She's a self confessed shopaholic but if you don't believe me Google Dipna ... it's all there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cressida wrote: »
    She's a self confessed shopaholic but if you don't believe me Google Dipna ... it's all there.

No no, it's not you I don't believe!

It was said that Dipna lives on an income of £500 a week from mediocre sounding jobs. Was that an exaggeration on her part or the production team, to make her Chanel obsession look more dramatic? Had she been portrayed as 'restaurant owner, tv star' it would hardly have had the same impact.

My opinion of her stays the same. And she really has terrible tacky tastes in my opinion!!
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Nothing new here, just the same old obsessive weirdos.

I suppose wastrel single baby machine Ebony is on benefits, and spends most of it on stuff she doesn't need.

You suppose wrong, she mentioned how dull her days were, lacking excitement and going to work was one of the things mentioned.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're like hoarders with neat homes. Well, okay, Ebony had a locked room that was a bit crowded and messy, but overall their behaviors are very similar to hoarders from a compulsion point of view.