TV Guide - new features?

I hope you guys can help me. I've written a free Android TV guide which seems to be quite popular. It's getting good reviews and I'm getting some cool feedback on features people would like me to add. However, it's very hard to decide what is a 'killer feature' and what is just a personal whim.

The most important thing to me is that it should be really easy to browse the TV listings. Any new features have to work well with that. So what would you like to see on a TV guide? How do you find good stuff to watch, or keep track of your favourite programmes and channels?

All ideas and feedback are really welcome!

You can see the current version on the Play store here: http://bit.ly/15nj9h6

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a personal favourites list so I can see my programs quickly and easily. Also working with IR would be a massive bonus ;-)
  • nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Provide a means of viewing IMDB data for movies/programme episodes, either by an in-app pop-up or by linking to a browser or the IMDB app.
    Pop-up to list all alternative airings of the selected item.
    User selectable colours to differentiate genres.
  • GamerGirlGamerGirl Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to have the choice to narrow the channels to specific ones I'm interested in.

Also the ability to keep a personal list of preferred programmes/series so that when the new series appears it would flag it (a bit like the Radio Times system) on a separate tab or page? Could that be done?

Off to download the app now and try it out...... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I'll need to see what I can do with IMDB data - it's not always easy to match the programme to the film.

Favourites make sense, and I'll have to see what I can do about spotting new series. That can get difficult when they randomly change the name! I'm currently working on a channel organiser that'll show up in the next release.

Thanks for the responses so far..!
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Zoom.

As in adjust the horizontal and vertical scale.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tuna wrote: »
    I'll need to see what I can do with IMDB data - it's not always easy to match the programme to the film.

Favourites make sense, and I'll have to see what I can do about spotting new series. That can get difficult when they randomly change the name! I'm currently working on a channel organiser that'll show up in the next release.

Thanks for the responses so far..!

PS great app, well done :D
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll love something with Digiguide like functionality on a tablet. (pick the channels you do and don't want to show, only show certain types of programme (e.g. hide all sports), customisable reminders not just from programme titles, but e.g. "Films with Scarlet Johannson", "episode 1 of any new science fiction series). Lot of work though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    I'll love something with Digiguide like functionality on a tablet. (pick the channels you do and don't want to show, only show certain types of programme (e.g. hide all sports), customisable reminders not just from programme titles, but e.g. "Films with Scarlet Johannson", "episode 1 of any new science fiction series). Lot of work though.

I'd love to get there in the end, but the amount of data I need to achieve all of those things is enormous. Some of those features are possible though, and I hope to add them eventually.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tuna wrote: »
    I'd love to get there in the end, but the amount of data I need to achieve all of those things is enormous. Some of those features are possible though, and I hope to add them eventually.

if you're willing to go big, it might be worth dropping Digiguide a line. Their development has largely stopped/closed down but they do have incoming feeds of data that might be of use.