Pierce Brosnan's daughter dies from cancer

conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
Forum Member
✭✭
How dreadful. Charlotte Brosnan has died from ovarian cancer, same thing that killed her mother. Only 41 years old.. and two kids. Pierce adopted both Charlotte and her brother when their dad died. RIP.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pierce-brosnans-daughter-charlotte-dies-2017552

Comments

• AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How devastating. Just want to give the whole family a hug.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such sad news. Pierce seems like such a lovely man who has been through so much and has brought up his family so well. RIP Charlotte.
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shocking news, I never heard of this story.
    Condolences to all her family x
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    absolutely tragic that Charlotte should befall the same fate as her mother :(:( RIP lovely lady
  • Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ovarian and breast cancer tend to be genetic....... it is so sad to hear that the same fate has taken both mother and daughter....... 2 young children have lost a mother, just like before.......

makes you think that the decision Angelina Jolie came to, was right. having lost her mother, grandmother and aunt to this disease... (cancer).
    My friend lost her lovely mother to ovarian cancer 10years ago...... :(

Thoughts and prayers go to the Brosnan family at this most heartbreaking time..... R.I.P
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    So sad. Rivaling the Redgrave family for sad stories.
  • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really sorry to read this. This charming nice man endured the loss of his beloved wife through cancer and now his daughter.

Many people will wish Pierce their deep-felt condolences.
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just the most awful story. I didn't know Pierce Brosnan had lost a wife from the same illness. I hope he has some good, strong people around him at this most horrendous time. My heart goes out to him.
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Tragic news my heart goes out to Pierce and his family :(
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My thoughts really do go to him, its awful to lose anyone but devastating for a parent to lose their child.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After losing his wife to cancer as well? Very sad news for the Brosnan family.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    How sad for the family :(. RIP.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's so sad. I didn't know his daughter had also been battling the same disease as her mother. It's unbelievable as well that she died at almost the same age. Shocking.
  • sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible,and such a young age. And people moan when the likes of Angelina Jolie do the best to protect themselves.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    It's so sad. I didn't know his daughter had also been battling the same disease as her mother. It's unbelievable as well that she died at almost the same age. Shocking.

Even more tragic, Charlotte's grandmother (Cassandra's mother) also died of ovarian cancer when Cassandra was in her teens, so probably also round about the same age. 3 generations all cut down in their prime by it.

Desperately sad. :(
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's terrible news. Just awful. Can't begin to imagine what the family must be feeling right now.
  • Baz OBaz O Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is very sad ... My Step Father lost his first wife to breast cancer and then his second wife also developed the disease. The stress contributed to him having a heart attack but he has made a good recovery and so has his wife. Life can sometimes be unfair but there is always someone worse off than yourself and life does go on.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Really sad, must be terrible for him and his family. For a parent to outlive their child must be one of the worst things ever.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor bugger. All that money, all that fame and yet it means nothing when it comes to something as hideous as cancer.