[Game] X-factor vs The Voice Live Show 4

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Hello and welcome to the 4th live show of X-factor vs The voice. Last week saw the elimination of our little entertainer Rylan. Later that week another of our judges resigned from the panel…JJ. But don`t worry because we found a new judge straight away….fireemblemcraze or Roxie!!! Tonight the acts are doing ballads to fight for your votes. Please welcome your top 10!!

George and the Girls
Frances Wood
Amelia Lily

Kuda and the Boys
Heshima Thompson
Shayne Ward
Aleks Josh

Roxie and the Male Overs
Adam Issac
Danyl Johnson

Jack and the Female Overs
Bo Bruce
Toni Warne
Ruth Lorenzo

Comments

• jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm here on and off, should be able to post some comments though - sorry they'll be quite short :)
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I'm here and my comments are as detailed as ever. Good luck to everyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    George and Kuda aren`t here, but I have George`s comments!!

So, opening the show is one of the male overs, and they are standing by us.....It`s Danyl Johnson!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glzj4YwnZ7U
    Forum Member
    George`s comment

Danyl Johnson

I liked this song choice far better than last weeks. This was much more intimate and felt much less dated so well done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danyl Johnson
    Danyl, you opened the show tonight and I think you did it with STYLE! Your voice sounded so good in that performance and it was very believable. I'm very impressed with that and I hope you can bring it again next week if we keep you. Good job!
    Forum Member
    Danyl

Ben E. King sang this song with so much passion. And I feel that’s just what you’ve done tonight. Honey I’m so proud of you. And I’m glad the other judges now feel he is more current. Vote for Danyl though everyone – he is not safe tonight, nobody is. If you really liked the song, then type away and send those pms to our host.
    Forum Member
    Great comments for Danyl. If you want him safe, vot for him when line`s open!!

Next up is one of the boys who has put 1+1 together to get here tonight....It`s Heshima Thompson!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aif9tg8zcsc
    Forum Member
    George`s comment

Heshima

Big well done Heshima. For me, this was the performance that has proved you're an artist. It was emotive and beautiful.
    Forum Member
    Heshima

Wow Heshima. Just wow! Just to say I have never been a fan of you. But boy, you won me over tonight. That vocal was just amazing. I loved the energy in that performance. And it makes me feel that you really want it. Those high notes! WOW! You really showed off your range. It was like a save me song. It had that same level energy in it. A very interesting song choice and I think it did justice to the original version. Beyonce would be proud, dahling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heshima Thompson
    Heshima, you've really grown on me and I guess I'm now a fan! I think this showed off your vocals well, but I don't think it was that good but it's just because of the theme which doesn't really suit you too well. But this was a good effort for someone who isn't very ballad oriented. Good job tonight!
    Forum Member
    Great comments for Heshima tonight. If you want him safe, vote him when line`s open!!

I want to get through this fast tonight everyone, as I feel a bit off, so I will post 3/2 performances at a time!! :)

Next is is someone who is bringing us to life, and she`s a lady...It`s Bo Bruce!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcPcGmZm9Is

Next is a girl who was in the bottom 2 last week, and now she`s forever....It`s Amelia Lily!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEgB7Z26i3A
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *walks in late from school.

:eek::o:eek: THAT VERY AWKWARD MOMENT WHEN YOU FIND A PM, AND ITS FROM GEORGE.. SENDING ME HIS RANKINGS! :eek::o:eek:
    Forum Member
    George`s comment

Bo Bruce

Again another great performance from you, even though I'm not sure if it topped last week. But there is something so great about you and I love it.

Amelia Lily
    The reason i picked this song for you was to prove that you can do more than the shouty Kelly Clarkson type songs. You proved this and it really showed a different side to you and your voice. It was so beautiful.
    Forum Member
    *walks in late from school.

:eek::o:eek: THAT VERY AWKWARD MOMENT WHEN YOU FIND A PM, AND ITS FROM GEORGE.. SENDING ME HIS RANKINGS! :eek::o:eek:

:eek: He must have sent them you by accident. Please forward them to me!! :o
    Forum Member
    Bo

I am a massive fan Bo and I love your performances – your vocal is so different and interesting. I seriously do think you’re some sort of angel of music on the stage. I also love Evanescence. But, Bo, I did not like that. That chorus is just so epic (to echo a former judge) and I just feel there was no build up to that amazing chorus; it was at that same dynamic and energy throughout. It wasn’t going anywhere and it didn’t show off much of your amazing vocal either. I did think it was an interesting arrangement but it just didn’t make me want to clap afterwards.

I realise the other judges think differently but I am a massive Evanescence fan so I just expected that much more, Bo, especially from you.

Amelia

That was jaw-dropping! Baby you are so versatile. You can do rock, pop, soul, anything. I am so happy Amelia that you choose this song. I disagree completely with jackmakka who said you are shouty. Your range is unparalleled in this competition, even in a Mariah song you could hit those notes! You have a natural rasp in your voice, it’s not screaming; you’re not forcing them out. Like in Heshima’s case, this is an example of another wonderful song choice. Brilliant Amelia *hand clap*! Amelia is not safe as last week proved, however, people you NEED to send PMs to vote for her.

And oh dear it seems we have our first voting scandal of the series...oh no. :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bo Bruce
    That's my girl! This is one of my favourite songs and I think you breathed a new sense of life into it. I hope it came across well to the audience and other judges but I think it was a great performance from you! I hope the voters see it the same way and I hope you're still here next week. Great job Bo!

Amelia Lily
    Amelia! I am so glad you got a good song, that shows off your vocals and not a big shouty number. This was perfectly executed and definitely one of my favourite performances of yours. Well done tonight, you've done your mentor proud :)
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And oh dear it seems we have our first voting scandal of the series...oh no. :eek:

I know what he really thinks of my boys now, despite being positive in their performances :o
    Forum Member
    Next is one one of the boys, and he has a hurt lover....It`s Shayne Ward!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNtiSW5MlAw

So halfway there, and now there is a man who is singing everytime we touch....It`s Adam Issac!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O29P5xX9x8

Next, is a lady who has had a total eclipse in her heart...It`s Toni Warne!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrioCoylZGw
    Forum Member
    I know what he really thinks of my boys now, despite being positive in their performances :o

Awwwwww I will have to tell him off. When you send your votes, please can you send his aswell!! :)
    Forum Member
    George`s comment

Shayne

I heard both of your songs and I am so glad you changed your choice. This was so much better as it felt maybe less old fashioned. It suited you well. Thumbs up.

Adam
    Great performance Adam. It was so nicely song and I love this particular arrangement. It really touched a string in my heart, well done

Toni
    Toni, Toni, Toni. No I was hoping you would do something a little more modern to establish yourself in the modern music industry and although it is an absolute Bonnie classic I can't see it selling records in the days of David Guetta, Nicki Minaj and One Direction
    Forum Member
    Shayne

You’re the type of guy who completely captivates women whenever you sing a ballad. The ladies in the crowd tonight would certainly have liked that – I did. If I wasn’t a judge Shayne, I would be jumping all over you. Also, I realize that there was a song change midway through your rehearsals and I would have actually preferred the song that your mentor Kuda already was doing for you because that song is so captivating because of the range. But still a good performance! You held it together in half the time other contestants had.

Adam

I took a great risk with the song choice. I realize Adam’s music is more rock in nature, but he also has a brilliant falsetto and a much stronger higher register. This song was meant to bring out Adam’s sweeter tone of his voice and he did that. I’m so proud of you tonight babe. Please vote for Adam folks if you really did enjoy the performance – it’s just so important.

Toni

Toni, that was beautiful. It was absolutely beautiful. You were so expressive and you gave it your all. To echo one of my predecessors, I’ll take your cheese honey as long as it means something to you. However, I do think you need to do something more current. You’ve got a really husky, powerful voice and I think they’re loads of current songs that can suit you. I love that song too, but because you’ve done this sort of song throughout the competition, I really wasn’t that interested. It was great babe but not one of the top performances tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shayne Ward
    Shayne, that was very you! It felt comfortable to watch and reminded me of some of your performances outside the competition. However, I feel it might have been a little safe and I'm not sure why. It just didn't do anything for me. Nevertheless, it was a good performance and I hope you're happy with it. Good job :)

Adam Isaac
    Oooh. Adam. This did not really suit you at all. It was a good performance but I don't think it's what you should be singing. I really like you but this performance just was not what you're all about so I can't give your much praise for you. I hope you can come back better next week

Toni Warne
    So...after about two hours of searching for something which really showed off your vocals but could be classed as a ballad I think we actually achieved something! Toni, I really love this song and I think it suits you well, and allows you to have fun with your power vocals. I hope everyone else enjoyed it and that we can see you back here next week. Well done :)
    Forum Member
    Next is a girl, who has gone to the beach and left some footprints in the sand...It`s Frances Wood!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rqsltr5vsE

The penultimate act of the night is a lady who is immortal....It`s Ruth Lorenzo!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5anLPw0Efmo

Closing the show is a boy with no name......Only joking......It`s Aleks josh!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpKTeVyzj84

*performance ends at 2:08*
    Forum Member
    @Jack - Adam's song was a risk. But it was to try something different. Doing a power ballad this week would have been far too predictable. He has that brilliant upper register and it needed to be done.

And Toni needs to find something more current, otherwise I fear she'll lose herself amongst the crowd of cabaret singers.

Frances

I’m sorry Frances but I just didn’t like that at all. Leona’s music just isn’t your cup of tea at all. You’re both completely different types of singers. She can hit all the high notes and her upper register is just so full of power. You have an interesting voice, but it’s much lighter and chirpier. I loved your performance of ‘Where is the Love’, so I seriously think you should do stick to something with more of an R&B twang to it. It was the wrong song for you today.

Ruth

*standing ovation*

How are you my Spanish senorita? You are just so beautiful. And just wow! ‘My Immortal’ is in my opinion one of Evanescence’s greatest songs and Amy Lee is very passionate in her vocal. My jaw literally dropped when you got to that chorus. I want more performances from all the other contestants with your level of passion. You set the bar high Ruth. Vote for her folks because no one is safe in this competition. I’m proud of you chica!

Aleks

It was cute and I’m beginning to see what all the fuss is about. You are a cute guy. And that was a nice vocal and a suitable song. There are two guys in this competition who are splitting the girl votes – you and Shayne. And normally I would prefer Shayne a little more, but today I feel like you swapped places. Thank god your mentor changed songs. The previous one was alright but very predictable and boring vocally. A really sweet performance!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frances Wood
    Frances, this was beautiful! It really brought out a different side to your voice that I really loved and I think we should see more of. I hope that we get to see this side of you again because I really liked it. One of my favourites of tonight!

Ruth Lorenzo
    Ruth, this was really a softer side to your voice but you're clearly capable of it. Taking inspiration from Christina Parie on UK vs US vs OZ I felt this song might suit your tone quite well and help to show off your vocals on ballads night. I think it did just that and I am very proud of you - well done!

Aleks Josh
    Aleks, this was great! You put more effort into this performance and I think you pulled it off great. Glad to hear you sound like you are putting more raw emotion into your performances. I think this was one of your better performances in the competition so kudos to you! Good job!