biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
Forum Member
547 DAYS TO GO:eek:

gonna be hell:D

all the original cast is back plus the baddies this time are

bane and catwoman

played by
tom hardy and anne hathaway

im thrilled about tom hardy hes great and hope his bane wont be just a straight rip from the comics i hope they do something different and creepy with it like joker

not sure about hathaway and catwoman being in it as a whole really :confused:

cant wait to see how nolan brings these 2 to his world of batman

and hope he learns from spidey3s mistakes:p

[news]'The Dark Knight Rises' to pick up eight years after 'The Dark Knight'[/news]

Comments

• thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have any sources to confirm that Bane and Catwoman are the villain? I very much doubt that Catwoman will be in The Dark Knight Rises, she won't fit in Christopher Nolan's grounded universe. The only person I can think of who would fit in is Dr Hugo Strange. Personally I think that the Christopher Nolan should focus less on trying to come up with villains and more on coming up with a fantastic sript, otherwise we'll have another Batman & Robin on our hands where the villains were the main attraction.

EDIT: Apparantly it's been confirmed by Warner Bros that Anne Hathaway will be playing Catwoman.

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2011/01/anne_hathaway_to_play_catwoman_in_dark_knight_rises.php

Not sure about Anne Hathaway too, I would've preferred Natalie Portman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catwoman.. is a bad choice for a main villain. It's a bit lazy, and probably just an excuse to get Anne Hathaway into black leather tbh. :D

Bane might be ok though. But they should have gone the Hugo Strange route with Tom Hardy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Here's a link to the "official" press release (in quote form):

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48139

What i find interesting is that nowhere does it actually mention that Anne Hathaway is playing "Catwoman", it merely says "Selina Kyle", whereas with Christian Bale it says he's playing Bruce Wayne/Batman. What if it's just the character of Selina Kyle without her being Catwoman?

As well as that, it says that Tom Hardy's Bane will be a "new interpretation of the character" so i think we should get all those Batman & Robin/Batman Arkham Asylum images of a massive steroided-up beast out of our heads, it's going to be relatively grounded in reality like the previous two films.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what does Bane do ?

I don't think I've ever read a batman comic with him in it .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anne Hathaway as Catwomen wouldnt be my choice but at least it isnt Angelina Jolie thank god!
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit this news has pretty much deflated the excitement I had about this movie. 2 of the worst villains they could have chosen... I wouldn't be surprised if Robin's presence is announced soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vol wrote: »
    I have to admit this news has pretty much deflated the excitement I had about this movie. 2 of the worst villains they could have chosen... I wouldn't be surprised if Robin's presence is announced soon.

who would you choose then ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who would you choose then ?

Would've probably preffered to see Nolan's take on the Penguin or Black Mask - who both seem like more natural fits into his gotham than Catwoman or Bane.
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    I think they referred to Two-Face as Harvey Dent all the time for the D.K promotion.

Nolan must be inspiried by the fact we have never seen a serious interpretation of Kyle/Catwoman. The character was camp in the series and the two films. But she is a prostitute and generally complex character in the material Nolan will like likely be taking inspiration from.

Similarly, Bane has only been seen as a one dimensional henchman. They are taking on a new version of a the character that can be portrayed an ultra tough, intelligent, drug addicted, criminal victim of society. The Man who Broke the Bat!

Perfect really for Nolan's grim vision of Gotham City.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to seeing Anne Hathaway in the new film :D she must have been good & impressed the right people to land the role in the first place so don't write her off already.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    As well as that, it says that Tom Hardy's Bane will be a "new interpretation of the character" so i think we should get all those Batman & Robin/Batman Arkham Asylum images of a massive steroided-up beast out of our heads, it's going to be relatively grounded in reality like the previous two films.

The *real* (i.e. comics) version of Bane is so much better than the awful version from Schumacher's piss-poor B&R.
    what does Bane do ?

Bane was in Knightfall...

Bane grew up in a prison on a fictional Caribbean island. He's very strong, *very* intelligent, and was used as a test subject for a serum called "Venom", which can give him superhuman strength.

He escaped from the prison, and decided that he had to destroy Batman...he eventually broke Batman's back & took control of Gotham's underworld. He also deduced Batman's secret identity.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vol wrote: »
    Would've probably preffered to see Nolan's take on the Penguin or Black Mask - who both seem like more natural fits into his gotham than Catwoman or Bane.

I just can't see the penguin working in Nolan's Batman , it's too cartoony .

Hathaway actually looks like a comic-book drawing with those huge eyes and mouth . Don't know if she can really act tho .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what does Bane do ?

Bane is a murderous criminal in prison, who educates himself to become highly intelligent. While inside, he's forced to become a test subject for a drug that increases his physical strength. He must have a supply of the drug, as he's now addicted.

His ambition turns to destroying Batman. In a comic, he ends up going to Gotham and freeing criminals from Arkham Asylum. Bane ends up fighting Batman in the batcave, breaking his back and leaving Bruce Wayne paralyzed. Then Bane establishes himself as ruler of Gotham's criminal underworld.
    Forum Member
    Hathaway actually looks like a comic-book drawing with those huge eyes and mouth . Don't know if she can really act tho .

Having seen her in quite a few serious roles, i can confirm that she's definitely a good actress ('Rachel Getting Married' being a very good example, infact i think she was Oscar nominated for that one too).
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    The Penguin could fit into this movie as simply Oswald Cobblepot, former mobster and owner of a popular nightclub that could be used in a scene. Should only be a small role though, or cameo like Mr. Zsasz in Batman Begins.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't see the penguin working in Nolan's Batman , it's too cartoony .

And Two-Face wasn't? :p

If they'd cast a good enough actor I don't think it would've been required to make the Penguin deformed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone moans about Anne Hathaway two simple words... Heath Ledger.

Good choice of villains IMO it will be wierd to see them in the same film. Can't wait.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if it will include Bane breaking Batman.
  • ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone moans about Anne Hathaway two simple words... Heath Ledger.

Good choice of villains IMO it will be wierd to see them in the same film. Can't wait.

Agreed :D
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anne Hathaway is a stunning woman, and a strong actress, think the casting is inspired.

Like others don't know the Bane villian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Anne Hathaway and am happier about the idea of her as Catwoman than I'd have been if some of the other names being dropped had been cast. I'd like to see a more serious take on the character; something like Selina as she was in Her Sister's Keeper would be amazing, and would help people seperate Nolan's Catwoman from Burton's.

Glad Bane is getting another shot after what Batman & Robin did to the character. I'm fascinated to see how Tom Hardy will play him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if it will include Bane breaking Batman.

I've been itching for Nolan to go there because I think he could really do that storyline justice, but the powers that be could decide it's simply too much for the mainstream auidence who don't know the comics? It could tie in nicely with the "Rises" part of the title, though - showing Batman's recovery, etc...
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what will happen for TDKR.

Selina Kyle is the love interest and Talia Al-Ghul/Bane will be the villains. Probably no traditional Catwoman at all. That makes total sense in Nolan's world.
    Forum Member
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    I've been itching for Nolan to go there because I think he could really do that storyline justice, but the powers that be could decide it's simply too much for the mainstream auidence who don't know the comics? It could tie in nicely with the "Rises" part of the title, though - showing Batman's recovery, etc...

I think that Nolan has proved himself with the massive box office takes of both TDK and Inception. Inception shows that the audiences stick with him even if the idea is an "out there" one. I'd imagine that at this stage WB are just standing back and letting him do whatever he wants.