uninstalling apps Nexus 7

GeowitchGeowitch Posts: 341
Forum Member
I have just bought a Nexus 7 and signed into my Google account. I was surprised when looking at the installed apps to see that it had synched with my android phone and all my phone apps were installed. Many of these apps are not needed on the Nexus 7, but if I remove them would they also be uninstalled from my phone? Obviously I wouldn't want that. Sorry if I sound ignorant but tablets are new to me!

Comments

• paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no, you can install/uninstall separately. I think its just when you first start that it auto installs what you currently have as a starter. Future apps won't be synced.
  • brillopadbrillopad Posts: 3,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    no, you can install/uninstall separately. I think its just when you first start that it auto installs what you currently have as a starter. Future apps won't be synced.

How refreshing - none of this single machine licencing nonsense.
    I didn't know this happened and was quite surprised when my new Nexus 7 was suddenly populated with Apps from my phone.

On my PC I have software that you pay a fee to re-download.
  • brillopadbrillopad Posts: 3,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geowitch wrote: »
    I have just bought a Nexus 7 and signed into my Google account. I was surprised when looking at the installed apps to see that it had synched with my android phone and all my phone apps were installed. Many of these apps are not needed on the Nexus 7, but if I remove them would they also be uninstalled from my phone? Obviously I wouldn't want that. Sorry if I sound ignorant but tablets are new to me!

I'm new to tablets too - two nice things I've bought for mine are a case with a bluetooth keyboard and a case which puts the device into standby.

Standby case

Bluetooth case
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brillopad wrote: »
    On my PC I have software that you pay a fee to re-download.

yikes. The apps work more like Steam, you pay once and can download and install as many times as you like on whatever devices are registered to you. Possibly one or two of the really expensive ones have a device limit but most don't.

likewise for music,books and movies. Pay once, re-install whenever you like on whatever device you like.

(and for the free ones, it keeps track of which ones you've installed before so you can find them again at:
    https://play.google.com/apps )

@Brillopad - interesting! I've seen similar but most of them have keyboards you need to physically plug in to the device.
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    we have a family who all use Android phones/tablets. We all want to share apps but we also want our own individual accounts.

What we have done is each set up our own account

PLUS

we have one central 'shared account' that we make all our app/book/music purchases through.

On each phone or tablet you set it up with your own account but then add the shared account as another Google account. This way we all get access to the paid apps but retain our own separate accounts :)

plus when you add items on the calendar you can get the reminders to appear on everyones machine :)
  • GeowitchGeowitch Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    brillopad wrote: »
    I'm new to tablets too - two nice things I've bought for mine are a case with a bluetooth keyboard and a case which puts the device into standby.

Standby case

Bluetooth case

I've just placed an order - thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I'm new to tablets as well. Once I logged in the Google account remembers the apps. I had to back up/reinstall it and all my Google downloads was sent to my tablet automatically :-) Even if you have other email accounts you can sync them instead of downloading Hotmail app, yahoo app etc. :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Buy for your account.

Install/uninstall to/from your device.