Celtic match - 3419 + 639
    DiP - 6198

Year Britain Flooded - 1968
    Utopia - 601k
    Alex Polizzi - 2449
  • rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anything on dallas yet? in its new 11pm slot?
  • Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be great to know what the monkey torn off my face doc got on 5. I assume more than Dallas. Plus what Dallas got at 11pm.

Can I ask a question: In the consolidated figures for the week Dallas came back it ended up not having a huge different with the most watched show on Channel 5 for that week. Is it basically down to advertisers wanting decent numbers of live viewers?

The series has issues but it just seems antiquated generally speaking that a show, any show, can end up with a big DVR audience and be on the verge of being taken off.
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Mike. Nice to see Death In Paradise continue to do well.
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,567
    Forum Member
    Woman Lost Face - 1155
    Dallas - 327k :(
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Right decision to move Dallas then. The Extraordinary People repeat added over 500,000 viewers.
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anything for the fixer and the railway thing on bbc2
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,567
    Forum Member
    fugitive wrote: »
    anything for the fixer and the railway thing on bbc2

Fixer - see above
    Railway - 1607

ciao for now guys :)
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't the railway thing also on BBC HD? I know Mike always quotes HD separately. A shame for Dallas, also a minor glitch was that my series link did not pick up the slot change. I sent a manual record from my phone to home, although there was a ten minute delay!!

4m+ is decent for the Celtic match, it wasn't pleasant to watch though, with little sign of fair play. Great for DIP and good for the C4 weather programme.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Yes, but they were playing Rosenberg, one of the least exciting opponents imaginable.
    Yes, I think the last time they played a British team, they got toned 5-1 by Arsenal. Even that didn't stop ITV from getting beaten by BBC One's 'Hungerford Massacre' docu.

But the fact that the Celtic game was played in the summer probably has a part to play.
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ironic that a programme about flooding managed to dent the ratings of the sunnily optimistic DIP.
  • JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Battles almost certainly more than 2 episodes. Teams of 12 [10 last year ]+ the steal twist. Also it took 4 sessions to record, the knockouts will be recorded in 2.

Ugh I hope not, the Battles were alright across a weekend but two weeks worth? No thanks.

The Blinds were the most popular part of the format so I thought they'd extend them to the usual six weeks that most talent show auditions last for. I guess it'll be five then.
  • mrstreetcredmrstreetcred Posts: 6,639
    Forum Member
    Trying to find out how being Eileen did on Monday,,,can anyone help. I fear it will be low
    Forum Member
    Edit: My mistake, apologies. :o
  • AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jda135 wrote: »
    I meant in a capacity of attracting an overall audience. What I was suggesting was to create programmes that are less focused on 16-34, and try something skewing older. It wouldn't be alienating younger viewers, in the same way that Law & Order:UK or Doctor Who don't alienate a younger audience. Chasing a younger audience with endless amounts of crap won't help C4. Don't underestimate the power of an older audience. They are the most likely to sit down and watch TV (with full concentration), where as a younger audience will go out, or spend time with their friends or be on social media (and get distracted). Revenue wise, why do you see brands like P&O Cruises and VIking Cruises sponsoring dramas on ITV, with 6 or 7 figure deals? Because there are shows that are skewed older, and bring in an older audience. There is plenty of evidence to show how valuable an older audience can be.
    You're massively overestimating the power of the older audience. They watch too much television and are far too easily reached to be a valuable demographic for Channel 4. The basic Channel 4 strategy of reaching younger viewers is perfectly fine. It might very well mean that their overnight numbers don't look especially pretty these days (and the single upside to this 'older audience' strategy seems to be prettier overnights) but as long as these shows are hitting the rigt demographic sweet spots that doesn't really matter. UK commentators have become far too hyper focused on total audience numbers, which is understandable since those are the numbers that are easily accessible and regularly seen. The problem is advertisers aren't buying time to reach the biggest general audience possible they buy to reach specific demographics. If Channel 4 can sell themselves as the destination for 16-34 year old viewers then they'll be fine.

Having said all that I do think that they can (and should) reach their target audience with a more diverse range of shows than they currently offer. Their schedule is incredibly one dimensional these days and does desperately need an injection of new life into it. The likes of Black Mirror are all well and good but they do still need to find returnable drama that can attract more than a cult audience. They essentially need a 'British Homeland' or a new Shameless. And by that I mean a drama that can pull in a strong audience for them and has some degree of crossover with a more mainstream audience. Its a difficult balancing act though and they haven't managed to get it right lately.
    Jackk wrote: »
    Ugh I hope not, the Battles were alright across a weekend but two weeks worth? No thanks.

The Blinds were the most popular part of the format so I thought they'd extend them to the usual six weeks that most talent show auditions last for. I guess it'll be five then.
    If they're increasing the number of blind auditions then they'll have to also increase the number of battle rounds. More blind auditions means more people get through to the battle rounds. They struggled to fit the contestants taken through from the auditions into the battle weekend slot last year as it is. Or they'd have to make the battle shows longer which is a terrible idea.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    How's that? They aired in different timeslots.

He was probably watching on C4+1 which would be kind of Ironic really heh.
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Trying to find out how being Eileen did on Monday,,,can anyone help. I fear it will be low

2.24m (15.5%) for Being Eileen on Monday: on the face of it quite good retention from last week's 2.425m (16.9%) - however that episode was shown later in the night in two nations (so the overnight includes different programmes in the same slot for those nations) hence the low uplift in the consolidated figure: 2.53m (16.0%) which will exclude those two nations. It appears this Monday's was fully networked.
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Wasn't the railway thing also on BBC HD?

BBC Two: 1.5848m (6.57%)
    BBC HD: 110.6k (0.46%)
    Total: 1.70m (7.0%)
  • rivkinrivkin Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Audio recognition experts Shazam has agreed its first live programming deal in the UK – to provide a raft of second screen content to support ITV’s The Brit Awards.

During the ceremony, which will be broadcast live on ITV next Wednesday, viewers will be able to launch the Shazam app, which has been downloaded to 10m mobile devices in the UK, in order to “tag” the show before being served a raft of content.

Viewers will be able to view galleries and watch exclusive behind the scenes video clips of the presenters and artists provided by music industry body BPI via the Shazam app, as well as access social media feeds from Facebook and Twitter.
    Forum Member
    Excellent day for BBC One: a 24.0% all-day share and 25.0% in primetime.
  • Andy ParishAndy Parish Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    And with the CBBC block now removed. There is a realistic possibility that BBC One could increase it's overall viewing share in 2013.

2012 / 2013:

Wk1: 20.0% / 20.5%
    Wk2: 21.1% / 20.9%
    Wk3: 20.1% / 21.9%
    Wk4: 19.1% / 21.9%
    Wk5: 21.5% / 22.9%
    Forum Member
    Just when you thought the genre had been completely exhausted, they come up with yet another new singing format:

http://www.c21media.net/archives/101219
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,973
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    Just when you thought the genre had been completely exhausted, they come up with yet another new singing format:

http://www.c21media.net/archives/101219

That'll be suitable for Channel 5. :yawn:
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    That'll be suitable for Channel 5. :yawn:
    I'll have to make a note of this post. If it ends up on excitement central ITV or CBBC you'll be waxing lyrical about it. :D

Yawn away. I can only be relieved that we have different tastes in TV as the likes of Splash which you championed is my idea of TV hell. :)
    Forum Member
    And with the CBBC block now removed. There is a realistic possibility that BBC One could increase it's overall viewing share in 2013.

It would be great if that could happen without needing to strip out the Olympics :)
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »

What's interesting is that yesterday they had about a 21% all day share. Even though they didn't have a big hitter in prime time. So the new daytime line up looks like it could really help them this year.

Some people are suggesting they could be up on last year. That would be an ask at the moment. We have had one month of a really bullet proof schedule now that has gone. The acid test is how the channel holds up with a weaker prime time.

To increase there share on last year would be massive. I expect to see ITV make a gain because they were badly hit last year.

Ken
This discussion has been closed.