New titles!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,853
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh not him again. The titles are good, but his attitude and ego are awful.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh not him again. The titles are good, but his attitude and ego are awful.

I agree. Absolutely fantastic titles- vastly superior to the real ones...but the guy's attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

EDIT: Just watched the new titles. They really are indescribably good. Unfortunately for someone with such an inflated ego he puts the creators of the actual title sequence to shame.
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm one of the few people who do not think his titles are that great. The graphics at the start are cool but I think it's a bit much for Doctor Who titles, the rest looks near enough a copy of the current titles.
  • I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It reminds me of when people first started using PowerPoint and they put fifty thousand transitions on each slide - too over complicated in my opinion.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    I think I'm one of the few people who do not think his titles are that great. The graphics at the start are cool but I think it's a bit much for Doctor Who titles, the rest looks near enough a copy of the current titles.

I agree that it doesn't really fit. More Star Trek than Doctor Who.

The current titles are suitably ambiguous.
  • joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think any titles for the show should have more emphasis on travelling through time and the time tunnel effect. Although these titles are really good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These titles are GORGEOUS. Vastly superior to the official titles, which look like sh!t by comparison.

My only critique is the unusual editing / shortening of the theme tune just before the end of the clip.

The few seconds this omited could have given the creator one final opportunity for a cool visual flourish - and I'm kinda disappointed that it was foreshortened - but only cause of how much I was enjoying it to that point. Still an AMAZING clip.

Well done!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Very well done but the visuals are way too literal for a Doctor Who title sequence. I prefer the current titles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, what people like about these titles of his are their 'photo-realism', if there is such a thing in fantastical sequences, which isn't really a prerequisite for a title sequence for a show like Doctor Who.

I think the current ones are fine as they are.

Not that this isn't good, it's great - but the attitude of the guy who made it has tainted my enjoyment somewhat. Deleting any comment that's even mildly critical just screams of insecurity...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand... Who is everyone slagging off? The OP or the clip creator? Or are they one in the same?

Also, what 'attitude problem' do they suffer - and why is it even relevant to this post?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sh'boobie wrote: »
    I don't understand... Who is everyone slagging off? The OP or the clip creator? Or are they one in the same?

Also, what 'attitude problem' do they suffer - and why is it even relevant to this post?

The clip creator. Perhaps it is irrelevant. Last time it was discussed the thread got closed!
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Ahhh I thought everyone on here worshipped him. I made a suggestion on one of his videos, not even a critisism just a suggestion, and you'd think I'd comitted a crime or something from the way he carried on.

His videos are good and very enjoyable, but they are enjoyable as FAN videos. They may at first seem more visually interesting and stimulating than the real Doctor Who credits, but often less is more. If the BBC wanted credits like those they have the means and the people to do it.

This guy isn't the only one who can make videos like this. The people at the BBC who create the opening titles can do it too. But they are given a brief to follow and they carry it out. I agree with the person who made the comparison to when powerpoint first came out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think being 'sensitive to criticism' - especially when it's something he's proud of & has slaved over for weeks makes him a ba$ta®d... He's probably just got hurt feelings.

Eventually he'll learn, you can't please everyone - so don't take it personally when you don't.
  • bbll22bbll22 Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is definitely far too much going on in those titles if you ask me. It's a case of I don't know where to look and that ruins it. As some have said, less is more.

It slightly made me feel a little dizzy too which is one thing I don't suffer with from the current titles. It's not something I've ever really suffered from regardless, so it's not good at all for me in that respect.

The main problem though is the attitude of the video maker. Their whole attitude on YouTube and even when they've posted on this DW forum in the past is just awful. I sort of suspected it was going to be a video of theirs when I opened this thread - all I can hope for is that attitude will change over time, but somehow I doubt that will happen...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Sh'boobie, You obviously haven't interacted with them and because of that you really don't know what you are talking about.

It's no coincidence that everyone on this thread has the same opinion.

The comments were nothing to do with the quality of the original video, but his anger when it got taken down at the request of the BBC. He was ranting about 'cretins' who pointed out that they did own the rights, swearing, abuse at everyone who dated disagree and then the ego came out that the BBC and nobody else could do better and that they should be thanking him for promoting their show. It got strange and nasty and too weird, even for me.
  • human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think being 'sensitive to criticism' - especially when it's something he's proud of & has slaved over for weeks makes him a ba$ta®d... He's probably just got hurt feelings.
    Well, he's shown he can be quite arsey towards anyone that doesn't worship him, and his little group of followers have an annoying habit of slagging off the production team for not employing him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Eventually he'll learn, you can't please everyone - so don't take it personally when you don't.

Anything mildly critical. This could be a post which is 90% praise and 10% polite suggestion on what, where and how to improve. It is either deleted or replied to with extreme negativity.

I hope he overcomes it, he's very talented.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Still think it's too overblown - although there's no doubting the technical ability of what he's done, it's really just taking other people's ideas and embellishing them.

I would like to have seen an original idea in there, rather than just remaking the existing credits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry Sh'boobie, You obviously haven't interacted with them and because of that you really don't know what you are talking about.

The comments were nothing to do with the quality of the original video, but his anger when it got taken down at the request of the BBC. He was ranting about 'cretins' who pointed out that they did own the rights, swearing, abuse at everyone who dated disagree and then the ego came out that the BBC and nobody else could do better and that they should be thanking him for promoting their show. It got strange and nasty and too weird, even for me.

He sounds a bit of a prat
  • human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He sounds a bit of a prat
    It even ended up with him bizarrely trying to claim that he, not the BBC, now owned the copyright to the DW title sequence. Madness!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Angry Aspergers? :o

He sounds like he could do with a proper big cuddle to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cuddles kill creativity ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angry Aspergers? :o

Lol, he probably could do with that.

You can do it, I would be scared of getting my head bitten off.
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The current titles are my favorite by a mile, even though the vortex is a bit rubbish. The RTD vortex is the best in my opinion but it still isn't that great. Would this vortex be too hard to adapt for the show, it's my favourite but it's never been used officially - http://stuffpoint.com/doctor-who/image/64650-doctor-who-doctor-who-time-vortex.jpg
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are we arguing over a fan made titles creation. Surely this won't be used?