what's the most rubbish song ever written?

124»

Comments

• Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    fkinhell wrote: »
    Worst song of 2013 was Miss Screechy's It's My Party

Did you forget about Smiley Cyrus??[/QUOTE]

I call her Viley Cyrus. :D

Have we forgotten the atrocious "Songbird" by
    Kenny G? >:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq3q03yeWe4
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I call her Viley Cyrus. :D

My choices are 'Limey Citrus' and 'Mild Cystitis'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friday -Rebecca Black

You beat me to it! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Trying to at least pay lip service to the charts this year, I just listened to 'Timber' for the first time.... feel like I've just stepped in a stinking pile of dog mess.

If this is an indicator for the music of 2014, I think I'd rather stay in the 80s thank you very much. :D

The way she pronounces the word 'goin' is the most annoying thing, but in general it's just a horrible mash of hillbilly and rap which sounds so contrived. It seems weird to put it in with songs I've hated for years, but its sheer awfulness really has upset my equilibrium for the day. :D
    Forum Member
    Trying to at least pay lip service to the charts this year, I just listened to 'Timber' for the first time.... feel like I've just stepped in a stinking pile of dog mess.

If this is an indicator for the music of 2014, I think I'd rather stay in the 80s thank you very much. :D

The way she pronounces the word 'goin' is the most annoying thing, but in general it's just a horrible mash of hillbilly and rap which sounds so contrived. It seems weird to put it in with songs I've hated for years, but its sheer awfulness really has upset my equilibrium for the day. :D

Ke$ha + Pitbull + "Timber" = Audio Crap. >:(
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry Wogan and The Floral Dance

All together now...
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    In my opinion, Lady Gaga - Poker Face. Never heard such a boring song in my life.

I know that this one is incredibly popular and is sometimes referred to as a pop classic/masterpiece but I've never really got the hype with it. It's not one of my favourite GaGa songs.
  • Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything by Fun and Bastille, just dumb childish bland lyrics and singing.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I like Daft Punk, but 'Around The World' just goes on about two thirds too long.
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Terry Wogan and The Floral Dance

All together now...

Dear God, TFD is atrocious! >:(
  • theseguemanthesegueman Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    My choices are 'Limey Citrus' and 'Mild Cystitis'.

I say: Smiley Cyrus! :D
    Forum Member
    'A pizza hut, a pizza hut, Kentucky fried chicken and a pizza hut.':D Remember singing that song when I was on holiday in Mallorca and then I bought the record:blush: I was 12, totally embarrassed by it now. Don't know what i was thinking.

Oh good lord I would never want to listen to that it's definitely one of the worst things I've ever heard. Could I call it a song? Probably not.

PS - This is a duplicate thread! Original thread here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1804536
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I say: Smiley Cyrus! :D

That is in fact where her name comes from! Her birth name was Destiny and her parents nicknamed her 'Smiley', because she smiled a lot, which then became 'Miley'.
  • The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,728
    Forum Member
    Can't claim it to be the most rubbish but the lyrics of "Give Me Everything Tonight" by NeYo are jaw dropingly bad
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Gaga - Aura
    Forum Member
    The_Moth wrote: »
    Can't claim it to be the most rubbish but the lyrics of "Give Me Everything Tonight" by NeYo are jaw droppingly bad

The lyrics to quite a few songs are quite bad. If you search "ADoseOfBuckley" on Youtube you will find quite a few musical autopsies, dissecting lyrics up.

An example of one autopsy is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyrxaFORQXA (Lorde - Royals)
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Music, by John Miles.