Week 4 Theme Confirmed- Disco

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep16week45/x-factor-0#.UmfrziqtNWs

The X Factor’s spectacular Live Shows continue tonight with the finalists once again lining up to perform in front of the live studio audience and millions of viewers at home.

In the fourth live show of the series, the contestants are aiming to get into the groove and strut their stuff as the theme is Disco. Each contestant will take to the stage to perform a classic disco track aiming to win over the judges and the viewers at home.

The two contestants who poll the lowest in the public vote will face the dreaded sing-off on Sunday night.

Ever popular Dermot O'Leary presides over proceedings while judges and mentors Louis Walsh, Sharon Osbourne, Gary Barlow and Nicole Scherzinger take their seats behind the judges’ desk to battle it out with their contestants. Louis has the Boys, Sharon the Overs, Gary the Groups and Nicole the Girls.

Comments

• EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Halloween Special :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back disco week.

Nothing said about the flash vote I see.
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    No doubt Abi will do another dreary ballad version of I Will Survive or something equally monotonous. :yawn:
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    No Halloween Special :(

It was announced that Nile Rodgers will perform so disco night is the obvious choice.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,766
    Forum Member
    Wonder why we're getting them confirmed so early? Usually the themes are a mystery and often changed mid week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the proper disco music - or pop music that they dress up with a few disco beats and traits and call it disco.

If it is proper disco then I would expect all the records to originate between the early to mid 70's to about 1980/81.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad they're not doing Halloween week, the tenuous links to Halloween for the song choices were just awful.

Such as

Set Fire To The Rain
    Should I Stay or Should I Go
    Every Breath You Take
    Horny
    Venus
    Total Eclipse of The Heart
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YESSSSS!!!!!!!!! favorite* week :D can't wait to see prison bird and Andrea dancing!!

*its car crash tv at it's finest :D
  • Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh shame. This would have been Shelley's moment. :(
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like Rough Copy to do this :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M
  • idratherjackidratherjack Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    No doubt Abi will do another dreary ballad version of I Will Survive or something equally monotonous. :yawn:

My first thought was I could sense Abi's panic! I hope she comes out and does a big upbeat number complete with dance routine - nah, not going to happen is it? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disco should weed out those with poor vocals.

Disco music was the province of a lot of very good vocalists and a lot of the music and vocal samples have been used regularly in music up to the present.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    rosco2010 wrote: »

She can't. Disco week is upbeat, so I don't think she would be allowed to sing a slow version
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope no one sings the woeful Could It Be Magic. :mad:

There will be a few disco ballads on the night I think.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can't. Disco week is upbeat, so I don't think she would be allowed to sing a slow version

After last weeks effort, maybe they've suggested this theme to get her out :confused:

Of all the acts, I think this will suit her the least
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to hear Miss Dynamix doing When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees. It's a difficult song but they could do a straight cover and if they get it right it will be brilliant. Otherwise The Best Of My Love by The Emotions would be go for them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I always think this is a bla theme. The bands look HSM/Glee, the boys look terrified, the overs sing a ballad and the girls either do a slowed down version or something that more soul. :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    After last weeks effort, maybe they've suggested this theme to get her out :confused:

Of all the acts, I think this will suit her the least

A lot of places have tipped her for a week 4 exit a long time ago. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always think this is a bla theme. The bands look HSM/Glee, the boys look terrified, the overs sing a ballad and the girls either do a slowed down version or something that more soul. :D.

That may be because the show producers and the mentors have naff all idea how to stage this genre either musically or in performance.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    I'm glad they're not doing Halloween week, the tenuous links to Halloween for the song choices were just awful.

Such as

Set Fire To The Rain
    Should I Stay or Should I Go
    Every Breath You Take
    Horny
    Venus
    Total Eclipse of The Heart

This needs to be performed again! The last act to sing this in the Live Shows was Belle Amie (when they were eliminated).
    Forum Member
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    That may be because the show producers and the mentors have naff all idea how to stage this genre either musically or in performance.

Probably, god. :cool:
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    scratchy23 wrote: »

Such as

Horny

you mean the song that goes.... "i'm horny horny horny horny so horny horny horny horny?" :eek:
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    earldbest wrote: »
    This needs to be performed again! The last act to sing this in the Live Shows was Belle Amie (when they were eliminated).

i thought that performance was their best.
    Forum Member
    Sex wrote: »
    you mean the song that goes.... "i'm horny horny horny horny so horny horny horny horny?" :eek:

You forgotten the great Rylan performance? :D:eek:
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    They might as well just told us what there singing this week than telling us the theme for next weeks theme.