Roaming Messages

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
Forum Member
When I am overseas and using my phone whist roaming, I have the following questions:

1) When my phone is on and I don’t answer a call is the message that I can’t take the call from the home country network or from the country that I receive the call in.

2) When my phone is in flight mode is the message that I can’t take the call from the home country network or from the country that I receive the call in.

3) When my phone is on and I am outside of the country’s mobile network (can’t get a signal) is the message that I can’t take the call from the home country network or from the country that I receive the call in.

4) When my phone is off is the message that I can’t take the call from the home country network or from the country that I receive the call in.

Thanks & Regards

Comments

• DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Hi Roy. Welcome.
    In all cases the message is left on your home network's voicemail. So if you are on T-Mobile but in France and you can't answer or the phone is off the voicemail will be left on TM UK in the normal way. You do have to pay the international rate to pick them up of course.

Flight mode and off is effectively the same thing.
    When someone calls you, TM will check its database and see your phone was last registered to a French network and so will route the call to France. The French network will then attempt to find your phone. If it can't find it for any reason the call is passed back top the UK where TM will connect the caller to your voicemail.
    Clear as mud?? :)