Who Wants to be a Millionaire? New Year's Special - ITV1+HD @ 20:00

Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
Forum Member
Seems more watchable than 'Gary Barlow and Friends'. The last New Year's special must have had around 3m viewers.

Comments

• bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Seems more watchable than 'Gary Barlow and Friends'. The last New Year's special must have had around 3m viewers.
    I can see nothing "special" about another bunch of minor "celebs" using up airtime on a quiz show and denying proper contestants the chance to win some cash.

If ITV want to donate money to charities, let them go ahead and do so. Just don't inflict this luvvie dross on the rest of us.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    bargepole wrote: »
    I can see nothing "special" about another bunch of minor "celebs" using up airtime on a quiz show and denying proper contestants the chance to win some cash.

If ITV want to donate money to charities, let them go ahead and do so. Just don't inflict this luvvie dross on the rest of us.

Ever since it was supposedly 'axed', that's all they've been doing, apart from 3 occasions last year with 3 'the people play' specials.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bargepole wrote: »

It's true, these ain't specials anymore. They're just bog standard, just like All Star Family Fortunes. At least ASFF is better to watch.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this 'live?'...Just turned the show into a rushed garbled mess imo...But I shall probably still watch!
  • marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this 'live?'...Just turned the show into a rushed garbled mess imo...But I shall probably still watch!

Nothing much else on so we will be watching. So many zelebs on doing their charity thing this Christmas/New Year - it will be good to get back to normal programmes (I hear FIAB is back next week!!). :)
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Hi, gs :)

No, it's not live
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Why don't they just donate the cost of production to charity, there's no need for a show at all. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could these questions be any easier?

Two more people who don't buy stamps LOL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Hi, gs :)

No, it's not live

Hi mrb...

Thought it may be recorded...Chris seems quite calm!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really random pairings!!
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Bear grilles .. thick as shit .. ignoring the GBP .. thinking he knows better :mad:

He needs to get his hand in his pocket :mad:
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    Why don't they just donate the cost of production to charity, there's no need for a show at all. :D

So what do you suggest they put on tv in it's place, which will also cost money to produce?
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    So what do you suggest they put on tv in it's place, which will also cost money to produce?

Paint drying would be good :D
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »

Zelebrity Barn Dancing on Rice ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Churchill FGS!!!!

Churchill dies in 65, Michael....
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    marianna01 wrote: »
    Nothing much else on so we will be watching. So many zelebs on doing their charity thing this Christmas/New Year - it will be good to get back to normal programmes (I hear FIAB is back next week!!). :)

FIAB?:confused:

Who are these two?:rolleyes::confused:
  • MarkG6RMarkG6R Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Michael Ball showing some very poor Maths there.

The announcement was in 1952, not 1962.
    Forum Member
    Is that bloke going to paw his wife all the way through this :o
  • deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Churchill FGS!!!!

Churchill dies in 65, Michael....

His maths were out then...

sixty years ago wasn't 1962. Surely he must've been born in the 60's though and common sense should've told him he wasn't approaching 60 himself :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clueless dolts.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    FIAB?:confused:

Who are these two?:rolleyes::confused:

Four in a Bed...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Four in a Bed...:D

That wifeswapping stuff........:rolleyes::mad:
  • deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deano0501 wrote: »
    His maths were out then...

sixty years ago wasn't 1962. Surely he must've been born in the 60's though and common sense should've told him he wasn't approaching 60 himself :confused:

HAHA... even better, if his Wikipedia page is correct, he was even born in 1962!
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey I remember Tarrant once saying that he wanted to keep the standard of sleb high on this show. That was back when they were getting massive ratings though:rolleyes:
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just tuned into it and there's a bloody competition! :mad: