Trouble Logging On

Oblido2007Oblido2007 Posts: 1,470
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We have a laptop with two user accounts on, my account has no password to log on however my partners account requires a password. But when she enters password is says "the user profile service failed to logon. User profile cannot be loaded." However I can login on mine no trouble. Any ideas?

Comments

• StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds like a corrupted user profile. You will have to create a new user and copy the data over from the old users folders.
  • Oblido2007Oblido2007 Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is adminstrator account, which is the one with the password, going to make it a problem?
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oblido2007 wrote: »
    Is adminstrator account, which is the one with the password, going to make it a problem?

As long as you can remember the password you should be OK. Which version of Windows is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    As long as you can remember the password you should be OK. Which version of Windows is it?

Yes we know the password.... Its windows 7.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    friend had this the other day, the userprofile is in a folder and there is also a backup copy.if you rename them so the .bak is now the one in use and reboot it will all be fine
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think i need an idiots guide to solving this one!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still have this problem... Is there anyway way we can extract the personal files/pictures from the laptop?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone any ideas?