PS4 Camera

blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Taken from Playstation EU Forums:

"Hi all,

You may have seen various unboxing videos on IGN Youtube etc for the playstation camera. Please be aware that the US unboxings show the camera coming with a mount for the top of your TV. As per we in the UK are getting bumped big time by SonyEU yet again, as the mount is not included in UK's different PS4 packaging. The mount is available separately at £14.99, But when I've just paid £55 for the camera I'm not paying another £15 to be able to mount and use it!?!

You may not need the mount. I need the mount as my TV is on the wall with nothing under it to rest the camera on (other than a capeted floor with dogs around) so on top the TV is my only option.

SONY NEEDS TO REMEDY THIS!!!

P.S so you can tell the difference, the US pack has a clear window on the front so you can see the camera. The UKs is just a card box with no window."

I've not heard about any issues so this could be B.S but it's worth noting just incase.

Comments

• denzil28denzil28 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Taken from Playstation EU Forums:

"Hi all,

You may have seen various unboxing videos on IGN Youtube etc for the playstation camera. Please be aware that the US unboxings show the camera coming with a mount for the top of your TV. As per we in the UK are getting bumped big time by SonyEU yet again, as the mount is not included in UK's different PS4 packaging. The mount is available separately at £14.99, But when I've just paid £55 for the camera I'm not paying another £15 to be able to mount and use it!?!

You may not need the mount. I need the mount as my TV is on the wall with nothing under it to rest the camera on (other than a capeted floor with dogs around) so on top the TV is my only option.

SONY NEEDS TO REMEDY THIS!!!

P.S so you can tell the difference, the US pack has a clear window on the front so you can see the camera. The UKs is just a card box with no window."

I've not heard about any issues so this could be B.S but it's worth noting just incase.

That's not on if that is the case. I even told somone on amazon not to bother ordering a mount and pointed him towards the unboxing video on youtube.

I don't know why they would bother with different packaging as, much like a controller, there is no regional differences to consider like the power cable that would have to come with a UK PS4.

I suppose we'll find out in a week. But if it's true you can bet your life there will be versions that are exactly the same on ebay for a fraction of the cost!!
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know of any way to disable the camera's mic? It seems to be always on & pick ups the odd game noises, a bit like those annoying people that have their TV too loud and you hear everything! I don't want to be one of those people :(

The only way I can seem to do it is by unplugging the camera :confused: