Ice Age: It just occured to me...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
Forum Member
It just occured to me that according to Hollywood’s current tradition, in 5-10 years there will be another “Ice Age” movie. But of course, it won’t be part 5, but a re-boot. “The movies were fun, but they were a bit too much fun”, the studio will state. “Movies, however, aren’t supposed to be all about fun, they also should make you feel more intelligent than you in fact might be.”
So, in order to give the new instalment a grittier, more realistic look, the illusion of a hand-held camera will be created, and of course, there will be a massive use of blue or green filters, such as were used in films like "Minority Report" and "The Matrix". Obviously, none of the animals will be able to speak. At least, not English. The noises they will be making will be subtitled. The new film will concentrate on Manny’s depressions and insecurities, Diego’s feelings that he was born in a wrong body and would in fact much rather be a pigeon, the problematic situation in Sid’s family (social aspects, as well as the fact that he was the product of the forbidden love between his father and his aunt) and, naturally, Scrat’s traumatic experience as a child that caused him to be dependent on nuts. Everybody will be calling it a masterpiece and claiming that this should have been the right way to do it from the start, back then, in 2002.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    It's a children's film, Batman was never a children's film so the whole Christopher Nolan reboot jokes don't really work...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    It's a children's film

That was pretty much the heart of my joke... Hold on, joke? Let's talk again in ten years time.
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ice Age 4 made over $800 million so I doubt they will reboot it.

They will more than likely make a fifth one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    Ice Age 4 made over $800 million so I doubt they will reboot it.

They will more than likely make a fifth one.

Indeed, but Ice Age 4 was a complete letdown for me, loved 1-3 but 4....one too far i thought.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Ice Age wasn't Disney or even Dreamworks quality (mostly), but it had heart and it was a brilliant movie.

The second film felt like movie-maker salary gold. It was made for the sake of it, and I didn't much enjoy it aside from a few odd gags.

The third film abandoned the 'heart' aspect of the original, tried to add something bizarrely new and was actually quite funny in parts. Nothing amazing, but worth a watch.

The fourth felt like that movie-maker salary pay dirt again. It wasn't as bad as the second was, but had deviated too far from the original concept too much I think.

In a way these films remind me quite a bit of the Madagascar franchise. Neither offers an amazing original film, but they do enough to consider a watch now and again (in my opinion, Ice Age is superior). The sequels then deviate so much just to make them happen that even the title of the series is made slightly redundant - Madagascar 3 doesn't even feature the island in question, and neither did the second.