Showbiz wigs: Wogan, Forsythe, Blackburn......

Comments

• Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    manderley wrote: »
    Keith Richards takes his off when going out shopping and nobody recognises him. He is quite open about it.

I never knew that. I thought he was pickled through all the booze. Hence the thick hair.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jon O wrote: »
    turned on to sky news this morning to be confronted with Tony Blackburn wearing a wig which looked like it had slipped a bit. I have a shaven head & refuse to wear one, however if there was some kind of cream you could smear on your head to make your hair grow back I would buy it :)

I noticed that. The first inch of the hairline is his hair, but thereafter is a wig that goes right down to his nape.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Butterface wrote: »
    Shame Dennis Pennis isn't still around, I'd have loved to see him interview Affleck on the red carpet and 'accidentally' knock it awry :D

Haha, that would be brilliant! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »

I know. It's amazing isn't it.

An intelligent man like him, can't see what we see. Staggering.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    A celebrity, a wig, a lasso and live TV - a potentially hilarious combination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a9aBeRVToGk

Hahahahahaaa! :D
  • luckylegsluckylegs Posts: 7,400
    Forum Member
    Barbara Windsor uses wigs all the time
    though not because of major hairloss, mainly ease of use
    wake up wig on = glam
    going out at night, new look = change the syrup!

she posts them through her various wig dressers letterboxes at night ready for collection in the morning, I just hope the dog never thinks its a rat and gets hold of it as it drops through! :D

Hahaha

Good old Babs!
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is there anyone out there who still thinks Terry Wogan's hair is real? :D
    Forum Member

I'm not sure, but this thread is hilarious!
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »

He seems more worried about losing his hair than his fingers.
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »
    He seems more worried about losing his hair than his fingers.

:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member

Errr Me!!....he was on the box the other day and it looked real to me...the faded colour and grey looked far too natural to be a wig
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The top comb-over is a wig, the sides are real.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://addictedtoradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/noel-gallagher-addicted-to-radio1.jpg

Apologies if we've all seen Noel Gallagher's luxuriant locks already.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw Elton John's wig on The Graham Norton Show last Friday and it was terrible.

The wig, not the show. :D

Dear me. I just don't understand. He has enough money to buy the best non surgical hair replacement in the world, but instead he opts to wear a thick ginger wig you'd buy for about £2 at a joke shop. :eek:

Baffling.
    Errr Me!!....he was on the box the other day and it looked real to me...the faded colour and grey looked far too natural to be a wig

Tel's hair didn't look real to me. Looked like an over sized brillo pad on his head. :D:p
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw Elton John's wig on The Graham Norton Show last Friday and it was terrible.

Dear me. I just don't understand. He has enough money to buy the best non surgical hair replacement in the world, but instead he opts to wear a thick ginger wig you'd buy for about £2 at a joke shop. :eek:
    It isn't a wig - it's an incredibly expensive surgical implant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »

Looks dreadful.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a WIG!
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member

Nah. I thought he'd already tried that and it failed (like Rooney's is on its way to doing incidentally). I reckon Frankie Howerd left it for him in his will and he's put some henna on it. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tel's hair didn't look real to me. Looked like an over sized brillo pad on his head. :D:p

In the 80's the big joke was Terry Wogan's wig, Spitting Image even had a puppet of him where the wig would keep lifting up.

It's weird that in 2013 there are still people who think his hair on top is real. It's an unconvincing as Brucie's. :eek: Look at this photo, I mean really?!?! :confused:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/25/article-2474896-00DE65A800000190-13_634x420.jpg
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,600
    Forum Member

That's right it's a surgical implant/ weave. There was big thing about 20 years ago when he had it done. There was no secrecy it was in the media. He disappeared for about six months before unveiling it to the world.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the 80's the big joke was Terry Wogan's wig, Spitting Image even had a puppet of him where the wig would keep lifting up.

It's weird that in 2013 there are still people who think his hair on top is real. It's an unconvincing as Brucie's. :eek: Look at this photo, I mean really?!?! :confused:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/25/article-2474896-00DE65A800000190-13_634x420.jpg

It's worse than that now. Having seen him on This Morning a few days ago.

As I said it looks like a giant brillo pad plopped on his head.

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae31/gustobrunt/WOGANSWIGBRILLOPAD03-11-201316-52-57_zps3883292b.jpg
    Nosedive wrote: »
    That's right it's a surgical implant/ weave. There was big thing about 20 years ago when he had it done. There was no secrecy it was in the media. He disappeared for about six months before unveiling it to the world.

Do you realise how many hairs you would need to transplant to get hair that thick? Around 40,000 at least.

Come on, you're not serious.It's a WIG. Get over it. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's worse than that now. Having seen him on This Morning a few days ago.

Looks real to me. :D
  • SalfordPrincessSalfordPrincess Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    OMG I have tears rolling down my face,best thread ever although I literally pmsl at the celebrity veneers thread,hilarious,brillo pad hair:D:D
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,600
    Forum Member
    Do you realise how many hairs you would need to transplant to get hair that thick? Around 40,000 at least.

Come on, you're not serious.It's a WIG. Get over it. :D

I AM serious I remember it at the time. It was well known about and he gained quite some respect. Admiration even, for owning up to the fact. It was generally accepted that it was quite a well done job and a bit of a landmark in hair transplants in that the procedure was finally considered a worthwhile investment.