Whose Biopic would you like to see graced on screen?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Brian Clough.

Michael Sheen was fabulous in The Damned United
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robert Maxwell might be a good subject for a biopic
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Nikola Tesla
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    A bit of an unusual one here, Spring Heeled Jack http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Heeled_Jack

I'm amazed nobody has ever made a movie about him. I can imagine it as a Tim Burton movie starring you-know-who and Mrs Burton :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AFAIK there hasn't been one done on Martin Luther King Jr. That's quite a surprise really, considering how prominent a figure he was in the 20th century. But yeah, I'd quite like to see how that one's done.
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barbra wrote: »
    I agree that BC will be a poor choice.

Rulert Everett never! I think what colin firth in the kings speech showed us is that you don't have to look anything like the person your are playing.
  • NickVaughanNickVaughan Posts: 4,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Goons, with Milton Jones, Johnny Vegas, Sacha Baron Cohen and Andy Serkis as Spike Milligan, Harry Secombe, Peter Sellers and Micheal Bentine respectivly.

I know they were breifly pushed on in The Life and Death of Peter Sellers, but they need a full film to themselves surely.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duran Duran - The real warts and all story not the glossy image we were sold in the 80s'.
  • iammeiamme Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Having been a fan of the Chaplin film starring Robert Downey Jnr for many years I'd like to see a biopic of other comedy stars like The Marx Brothers, Laurel & Hardy etc
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NortyBette wrote: »
    Nikola Tesla

With Bowie? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF76qlwWM8s
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Menelik watsons movie on his life would be fantastic.

He is a soon to be major major nfl star.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/apr/25/menelik-watson-nfl-draft-2013
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sir alex ferguson.
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sonny Liston.

Jesus.

Chairman Mao.
  • LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Mick Jaggar, he's a lot more philosophical than people realise and broke a lot of ground for sexual ambiguity.
    Forum Member
    David Niven based on his highly entertaining books Bring on the Empty Horses and The Moon's a Balloon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    They should also do a Nina Simone piece.

There's one being released this year (in the US, anyway. Not sure about the UK). Starring Zoe Saldana as Nina.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    John Lennon. I know there was Nowhere boy which was about his teen years and he was played by Aaron Johnson but i'd like one which is about the Beatles years.
  • General ZodGeneral Zod Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Josef Fritzl.
  • Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably this won't happen until after he passes on but George Lucas

experimental film maker, who thinks in visuals only, is assisted with how to make narrative films, makes a beloved but flawed trilogy of films, inoovates change in the system through visual effects and sound, merchandise, becomes a business corporation, returns to the star wars, world, and largely incites a backlash, have viewers lost the child within as they aged or are the films, just not that great, sells it to disney and in a sense back into the public domain where a new set of filmmakers who grew up on the orginals, may well make a much more consistent trilogy that engages the original fanbase of 40 somethings that were originally children

I think it could be quite an interesting tale
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barbara Castle.

Aside from Made In Dagenham this incredible woman hasn't ever graced movie screens yet she changed politics in the UK and had Labour seen sense to elect her as their Leader, Thatcher would never have happened. That's how powerful Castle was.
  • General ZodGeneral Zod Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    probably this won't happen until after he passes on but George Lucas

experimental film maker, who thinks in visuals only, is assisted with how to make narrative films, makes a beloved but flawed trilogy of films, inoovates change in the system through visual effects and sound, merchandise, becomes a business corporation, returns to the star wars, world, and largely incites a backlash, have viewers lost the child within as they aged or are the films, just not that great, sells it to disney and in a sense back into the public domain where a new set of filmmakers who grew up on the orginals, may well make a much more consistent trilogy that engages the original fanbase of 40 somethings that were originally children

I think it could be quite an interesting tale

I'd just like to see a documentary on his bizarre neck fat / lack of chin / beard combo. It fascinates me.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stanley Kubrick
    Orson Welles

It's quite hard to tell who would make a good biopic because there will be a good chance that there are many famous people who you'd think could make for an interesting story in a film, but perhaps their story may not be really that interesting?
    Forum Member
    Sam Peckinpah
    John Wayne - but who could play The Duke?
    Forum Member
    Bruce Springsteen
    BB King
    Eric Clapton
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stanley Kubrick
    Orson Welles

It's quite hard to tell who would make a good biopic because there will be a good chance that there are many famous people who you'd think could make for an interesting story in a film, but perhaps their story may not be really that interesting?

Orson Welles last film performance was as Unicron in The Transformers: The Movie. Would make an interesting end to a biopic for him.