Have you ever fallen in love with a perfume after one whiff?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    got to be miss dior cherie for me, it smells a little fruity and a little floral at the same time! and it lasts such a long time! beautiful bottle too!
  • JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Another vote for Flowerbomb here, also Miss Dior Cherie which is very similar.

Which is nicest - the Eau de Parfum or the Eau de Toilette?

I know the parfum is usually stronger, but sometimes the toilette version of a perfume is sometimes not as 'heady'.
    Forum Member
    JT Effect wrote: »
    Is this the edition with Kristen Stewart on the front? I'll buy the mag to smell the perfume if it's still available.

Bumping my own question :(:o

I've just bought the issue with Kristen Stewart on the front, and the free nail varnish, but I've had a quick flick through the mag itself and can't see any free sample of this perfume :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    goldielox wrote: »
    Yes. Many years ago, and it was an oriental one only available in Harrods.

Unfortunately it didn't reign long. Unsurprising really that it didn't, considering it was called "Ming".

My Mum had Ming in he 80's :D
    Forum Member
    JT Effect wrote: »
    Bumping my own question :(:o

I've just bought the issue with Kristen Stewart on the front, and the free nail varnish, but I've had a quick flick through the mag itself and can't see any free sample of this perfume :confused:

Page 157 :)

The mag is full of ad's I only bought for he nail varnish.
  • goldieloxgoldielox Posts: 8,425
    Forum Member
    My Mum had Ming in he 80's :D

It was like a much nicer "Opium". 1983 I think it came out. I was gutted when it disappeared, not that I could afford to indulge myself more than once with it at the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    A girl at uni(she lived a few doors down from me in halls) always wore Dior Addict and i would smell it all through the corridor and drool.
    It is now one of my staple night perfumes, it just smells like pure sex!! My friend really loves it too but is guttedas she cant wear it as it doesnt smell right on her.
    I also fell in love with Dior's Midnight Poison.
    Alien is another one i fell in love with...i just really like heady scents.
    Forum Member

Thank you :)

I'll have another look for it tonight when I get home from work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GHOST for me,its my everyday perfume
    Forum Member
    goldielox wrote: »
    It was like a much nicer "Opium". 1983 I think it came out. I was gutted when it disappeared, not that I could afford to indulge myself more than once with it at the time.

This is the bottle, just looking at it brings back a lot of memories
    :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIG-MING-DYNASTY-COLOGNE-PERFUME-3-4oz-DISCONTINUED-/220462346351?pt=fragrance&hash=item335494706f#ht_1194wt_942

If it was discontinued I reckon this one would smell awful now lol.
  • Sharona68Sharona68 Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryAcid wrote: »
    Alien is another one i fell in love with...i just really like heady scents.

I bought that after a friend had it on her scarf.

I lasted two days before I had to give it to my daughter :( I love the smell, but it just makes me feel ill.

Another old one I used to love but can't find it anywhere now is Byzance by Rochas. It's really annoying. I think it must be discontinued.
    Forum Member

No perfume sample on p157 of my issue of Glamour mag :(

Just an advert for the Vogue app, followed by an advert for ebay's fashion outlet ... followed by an advert for Lea & Perrins :cry:
  • PawsaPawsa Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    For me it's Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably not a very popular choice, but...Victoria Beckham's 'Intimately Beckham'. Love it. <3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I really love Dior Addict and Lady Million by Paco Rabane.
    I was hooked on both after my first smell!
  • marietsmariets Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura by Swarovski. I was given a sample in Harrods perfume dept and it's on my Christmas list.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was recently given Elie Saab perfume, body lotion and body spray for my Birthday...It is lush. I normally wear Angel but this has me hooked already:)

I'm also trying to get hold of a sample of Tom Ford 'Bois Marocain', my friend says her partner wears it but it smells divine on her also:eek::D
  • lovejerseyshorelovejerseyshore Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    yes i love jean paul gaultier classique....ever since i used my friend's it's the only perfume i wear now :) love it
  • toribaynestoribaynes Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alien, angel, issey miyakki, lady million
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    I bought that after a friend had it on her scarf.

I lasted two days before I had to give it to my daughter :( I love the smell, but it just makes me feel ill.

Another old one I used to love but can't find it anywhere now is Byzance by Rochas. It's really annoying. I think it must be discontinued.
    you can buy it online..

http://www.google.co.uk/#q=Byzance+by+Rochas&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=KAvVTu-xOcn_8QPRq7iGAg&sqi=2&ved=0CGkQrQQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=d8f9c544865ea9c0&biw=499&bih=777
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Sharona68 wrote: »
    I was just flicking through my daughter's Glamour magazine and there was a sample of a perfume I've never heard of.

Narciso Rodriguez - For Her.

I thought I had died and gone to heaven.
    QUOTE]

Must try it, my absolute favourite perfume is Jo Malone - pomegranate noir. It really stands out nad I get lots of compliments when I'm wearing it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Duro by Nasomatto. Not many people have heard of it, and it's ruinously expensive, but it's absolute sex in a bottle. It's about the most masculine thing you can imagine without actually rubbing Hugh Jackman all over yourself.

http://www.spacenk.co.uk/product/shop+by+brand/nasomatto/fragrance/duro.do

Sadly I would have to sell some of my own offal in order to be able to afford a bottle of my own.

On a more down to earth level, Dior Eau Sauvage is just beautiful. It's an absolute classic and every man should have a bottle.
  • willow32willow32 Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two that have already been mentioned and could not be more opposite. Chanel Mademoiselle and Jo Malone Pomegrante Noir. Love these two.
    Forum Member
    willow32 wrote: »
    Two that have already been mentioned and could not be more opposite. Chanel Mademoiselle and Jo Malone Pomegrante Noir. Love these two.

I love these two as well, along with Angel and Innocence.

Mind you, the Jo Malone one gets a mixed reception with my friends - some love it and some (namely my brother) exclaim 'What the hell have you got on???'
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pawsa wrote: »
    For me it's Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

me too! I haven't worn any other perfume for about 5 years now:)