Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    marchrand wrote: »
    For the above reasons, yes. Also, you need only to go back and re-read DM Series 5 blog, read all the old posts going back to April 2111 and you see that we were second guessing the episodes, some close to accurate. Nice for us, but too much was "given away" posting this and that online. It took away the element of surprise which I feel BP wants to preserve. The way I see things progressing for filming S6, alot of it will be indoor scenes, sad to say.

I think the difference betweeen S5 and S6 access is crowd control. It's one thing to have locals view it but quite another when people from all over the planet come during the filming season.

I don't think its as much to do with 'protecting the plot' more crowd control as you say. I think its got bigger (internationally) than they ever thought!!! especially when the US kicked in (2011?? ). They (BP) have never really 'marketed' it - a missed opportunity IMO :confused: x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Where are my priorities? :confused: Well, I did manage to squeeze the Doc in there among family obligations :D . I watched (and listened closely) to the castle scene on the YouTube video. Still sounds like, "No, I think she's coming down," to me, but really that, "No, I think", is said kind of like this: NahIthink. Really, really run together.

Oh so that's where the "dahlink" confusion might have come from.
    The most telling thing is I think they'd make more if a moment when ha called/calls LG "darling". :cry::cry::cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Oh so that's where the "dahlink" confusion might have come from.
    The most telling thing is I think they'd make more if a moment when ha called/calls LG "darling". :cry::cry::cry:

That's true. It would certainly be a moment for me! One more thing to hope for in S6? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's true. It would certainly be a moment for me! One more thing to hope for in S6? :D

Plus:
    A kind word
    A kiss with meaning
    An endearment
    A declaration

I don't ask for much. :rolleyes:
    Anything else?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus:
    A kind word
    A kiss with meaning
    An endearment
    A declaration

Anything else?

I think we've had enough of these, we don't need anymore declarations of love....i think we all get it now...He loves her and can't bear to be without her ;)

i agree with you CC with the rest though. I will not be happy if they go back to not communicating or showing any sort of affection after his declaration at the end if S6.
    Forum Member

No chance!!! lol :) x He's a follower for the first time in his life!! :D x
    Forum Member
    **Greta** wrote: »
    I think we've had enough of these, we don't need anymore declarations of love....i think we all get it now...He loves her and can't bear to be without her ;)

i agree with you CC with the rest though. I will not be happy if they go back to not communicating or showing any sort of affection after his declaration at the end if S6.[/QUOTE

Think they now have to move on from the will they/wont they thing, so it will be interesting to see how they progress it and how they finish the series because all previous series' have ended with questions over their relationship!!! So assuming for S6 the Doc & Louisa have a 'settled' relationship - where do they go next??? :) x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus:
    A kind word
    A kiss with meaning
    An endearment
    A declaration

Anything else?
    **Greta** wrote: »

i agree with you CC with the rest though. I will not be happy if they go back to not communicating or showing any sort of affection after his declaration at the end if S6.

We (I!!) still need a declaration from LG, while DM is compos mentus.

Agree with a backward step. I will kick the TV - or rant at my dh - neither of which will make him happy. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Portwenn59 wrote: »
    I was told a few years ago when I attempted to write some fan fiction that endearments are very rarely used in the UK. This is true. DM and LG have never used them to my knowledge.:cry:

Among English people of a certain class I think "darling" is quite often used between spouses, in a way that seems not to denote any warmth of affection whatsoever. (Viz. Kristen Scott Thomas referring to the husband she loathed as "darling" in Gosford Park). In Cornwall there's more of a rustic use of "my love" or "lover" as in "aromatherapy" when Pauline calls out to Mr. Cook ("my love"). Kenny, the security guy at the filming would tell people who were overstepping the line to "get back please, my love" which is a very cordial way of being rebuffed, I must say. I was only called "lover" once in Cornwall, by a rather butchy bar wench -- which I found a bit startling till I realised she was using the term freely with all her patrons. But I've been called worse: During my years in Scotland I was variously called a "hen" a "quine" and a "wife" (or wifie) -- all, I think, with affectionate intent. Can you imagine our Doc calling Louisa "hen"?:eek: I actually think he'll go on calling her just "Louisa" and that will be perfect, if he says the name in that very special tone of voice he has. I did enjoy the way he said the name "Lu" when Danny introduced Louisa as such in S2E1 (old dogs). She's also been called "LuLu" by her mother, to which I say "no!" "no!" "Nooo!"
    Forum Member
    Plus:
    A kind word
    A kiss with meaning
    An endearment
    A declaration

Anything else?

What I want to see is INTIMACY between then. We've had some of those scenes already: back in S3 when Louisa is sick and the Doc offers to make her toast, takes her hand and says "I'm going to need a stool sample":D, in S5 when he makes this tremendous love-offering by telling her he's sent in the forms with the name "James Henry." I also thought the scene in S5E1 where he shared with her that he didn't think Dr. Dibbs had "quite got a handle on it," was the kind of thing that he would only share with someone whom he very much trusted. If they can hit a stride of communication that conveys trust and openness (intimacy) with one another, then the declarations become believable. Without the sustained intimacy I won't believe the love; I'll have to downgrade it to some sort of fatal, can't-live-with-her/can't get-her-out-of-my-mind attraction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We (I!!) still need a declaration from LG, while DM is compos mentus.

Agree with a backward step. I will kick the TV - or rant at my dh - neither of which will make him happy. :D

I don't think we will ever get a declaration from LG :(

Never!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I want to see is INTIMACY between then. We've had some of those scenes already: back in S3 when Louisa is sick and the Doc offers to make her toast, takes her hand and says "I'm going to need a stool sample":D, in S5 when he makes this tremendous love-offering by telling her he's sent in the forms with the name "James Henry." I also thought the scene in S5E1 where he shared with her that he didn't think Dr. Dibbs had "quite got a handle on it," was the kind of thing that he would only share with someone whom he very much trusted. If they can hit a stride of communication that conveys trust and openness (intimacy) with one another, then the declarations become believable. Without the sustained intimacy I won't believe the love; I'll have to downgrade it to some sort of fatal, can't-live-with-her/can't get-her-out-of-my-mind attraction.

Yes, this is such a vital piece here IMO. This shows how much he trusts LG. He knows that she won't go gossiping to the locals that he has his doubts about the new Dr. I don't think DM would even have mentioned this to AJ is she was still alive and AJ would have been the next person he had trust in.

An after thought here: Hasn't DM come along way. It wasn't that long ago in (Port Wenn time :D) that he told LG that they barely knew each other when he freaked out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus:
    A kind word
    A kiss with meaning
    An endearment
    A declaration

Anything else?

I want to see more casual touching

Holdng her hand; his fingers lingering on her waist or shoulder

More intimacy :rolleyes:
  • SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »

Holding her hand; his fingers lingering on her waist or shoulder

I'll drink to that! And a little bit more even. A really good warm kiss would be very nice, not just a polite one. In other words, soften your body right into her, Doc. And then, Louisa, you do the same back. Then fade to black if you must, cameraman. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll drink to that! And a little bit more even. A really good warm kiss would be very nice, not just a polite one. In other words, soften your body right into her, Doc. And then, Louisa, you do the same back. Then fade to black if you must, cameraman. ;)

Think we are on the same wave length here, Susie

The fade out would be accompanied by THE music, of course

De....de-de-dede-de..................

Maybe we could have a karaoke version ?
  • Mutley8Mutley8 Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    :eek: part 15...i really have been away

Hey TC.

Where have you been.?

I've missed your quotes.:D;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Here in the US there was an breakthrough moment when Pres George Bush lightly tapped his wife, Laura, on the derriere in public. We are all used to the polite political kisses, but this was a watershed for presidential intimacy. Obviously, political couples (who actually like each other) demonstrate intimacy in private, but this was a big deal to see this small public intimacy. This is what I would like to see DM do in public so that everyone knows the level of their intimacy.
    Forum Member
    DMfan wrote: »
    Here in the US there was an breakthrough moment when Pres George Bush lightly tapped his wife, Laura, on the derriere in public. We are all used to the polite political kisses, but this was a watershed for presidential intimacy. Obviously, political couples (who actually like each other) demonstrate intimacy in private, but this was a big deal to see this small public intimacy. This is what I would like to see DM do in public so that everyone knows the level of their intimacy.

George and Laura? One doesn't really like to imagine their intimacy, does one? Now I thought when Obama won this last time, his victory picture of him embracing Michelle was an unexpected and brave choice. It was an image which said he cherished her and that there was equality in their marriage. Fanny pats don't say "I cherish you" IMO, they say "that's a good little woman." But then I didn't see the fanny pat in question, and maybe that's just my Canadian translation. Back in the 80s we had a liberal party leader here in Canada, John Turner, who was famous for casually touching the derrieres of random females. He didn't survive the election. I'm not in favour of ever seeing the Doc pat Louisa's fanny. The lingering of fingers as suggested above would be okay, as would the about-the-waist touch. When a man touches a woman in the rib area I think it alludes to the Adam and Eve love story: "thou art bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh -- my beschert" and I find that very intimate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I'm not in favour of ever seeing the Doc pat Louisa's fanny. The lingering of fingers as suggested above would be okay, as would the about-the-waist touch.

:eek: I spat out my tea. In the UK "fanny" doesn't mean your bum. :cool:

I am all for intimate scenes esp for seeing the Doc "patting" Louisa's ahem... fanny. ;)

I liked it when Louisa kissed him on the cheek before she went to show the parents around the school. That was lingering and lovely. By the look on his face he thought so too.
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am all for intimate scenes esp for seeing the Doc "patting" Louisa's ahem... fanny. ;)

I liked it when Louisa kissed him on the cheek before she went to show the parents around the school. That was lingering and lovely. By the look on his face he thought so too.

Then, on the other hand, bum here is meant to mean a good-for-nothing lowlife, no ambition, a loafer, etc. etc. It can also mean when some mechanical thing isn't working properly. You state: XXX is on the bum.

As for the Doc "patting", let's start with him encircling her waist area, and then, um, moving downward, slightly of course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think we are on the same wave length here, Susie

The fade out would be accompanied by THE music, of course

De....de-de-dede-de..................

Maybe we could have a karaoke version ?

OK, but I need a lyric with it. Wonder what it could be?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I had to go to a British English translation site to see what it does mean in the UK, and now I understand your :eek: !

I've actually learned a lot of British slang from watching DM, leading off, of course, with "tosser". I've also learned that a "dummy" is a pacifier or "passy", the difference between trousers and pants, what a punter is, that nappies are diapers, that "all right" can be used as a greeting, "mental" can be used as a noun, whinge means the same thing as whine, a chin wag is a conversation, Joe's danglers are, well, just what they sound like they are, that a bap is a bun, that hob nobs and chocolate digestives are cookies, and many more. Maybe someday I'll make a list.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As long as he doesn't interrupt the kiss by telling her her perfume smells urine-like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Holdng her hand; his fingers lingering on her waist or shoulder

Me too, Blue-Eyes. Simple, casual touches that convey so much!
This discussion has been closed.