LAWSON - They can shove off now!....right?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone really care about Lawson!? I'm aware of their name and aware of about 2 tracks from them.
Anytime I've seen them on tv they've always come across as a 90s boy band (a bad one at that).
Their music has failed to make an impression on me and they come across to me as a bit BLAH!!!!!

What do we know about them?
How many songs do they actually have?
How many members can U name!??

Truth is the average person knows nothing about them and surely they're doomed for disaster..... Yeah??
I mean, they bring NOTHING to the music industry.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're simply bigged up by social media and the press... Conor Maynard is also the same. I don't understand it either.

Both pretty bland and pointless.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm far from a fan but they sing live and can play their instruments, if they had the backing that 1D or The Wanted have they would be everywhere...

i know who i'd rather see/hear more of.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was pretty impressed with them when they supported Will Young on tour:)
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm far from a fan but they sing live and can play their instruments, if they had the backing that 1D or The Wanted have they would be everywhere...

i know who i'd rather see/hear more of.

I thought they had the same management/label as the Wanted?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, Lawson were run by Global Talent (or something) which is basically a company that owns Capital FM and have connections to other radio stations and TV shows. The Wanted are on the same company (hence why they're always on Capital) and so were Cover Drive but they flopped and I think the deal got cancelled for them.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I don't know much about them and only heard one of their songs but it's dreadful. I don't know the names of any of the members. I don't understand why they're so popular :confused:
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,099
    Forum Member
    They can't xD

I had the pleasure of seeing them in August, they were absolutely fantastic, When She Was Mine is probably the best song of the year for me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I only know that one of the members in the band was in a relationship with Mollie from The Saturdays.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I only know that one of the members in the band was in a relationship with Mollie from The Saturdays.

That's all I knew too. That and I read somewhere When She Was Mine is about said relationship.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know right! They seem so old school, like they belong in that wave of guitar driven boy bands back from 2003-2005.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's all I knew too. That and I read somewhere When She Was Mine is about said relationship.

That's about the limit of my knowledge too. I doubt they'll be around for long.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    I am completely indifferent to them.
  • Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're like early Maroon 5 and The Script, just very bland and forgettable. Pretty boys who can play instruments semi-decently and hold a tune. I'll pass.
  • SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Lawson, they are fantastic live! And their album Chapman Square is pretty good :) I can also name them all :o Love the new single!
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually liked them and like all of what they have released so far.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    I decided to listen to them as i do not know anything about them and Standing in the Dark is good.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their songs are clearly designed to make young girls swoon. But they are better than The Wanted.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're awful! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just heard their new song and its not bad :|
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like Learn To Love Again...
  • madmark20madmark20 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Adam pits the drummer has been getting into amelia lilys knickers for quite a while now,looks like amelia likes them.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    They're simply bigged up by social media and the press... Conor Maynard is also the same. I don't understand it either.

Both pretty bland and pointless.

Now there is a name that I would gladly never hear again. That kid has absolutely no identity in any way shape or form.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love Lawson. I think they will be a steady climber. :)
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Learn to Love Again is a great tune IMO
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Yeah, Lawson were run by Global Talent (or something) which is basically a company that owns Capital FM and have connections to other radio stations and TV shows. The Wanted are on the same company (hence why they're always on Capital)

And this is why they are in our faces every 5 minutes. Neither of these groups are much cop.