Samsung Galaxy Ace Or Samsung Fame

jezzerjezzer Posts: 705
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello

So my phone is dying on me ive been out of touch with phones for quite some time,I have two in mind but i cant decide which would be better? i know the Fame is replacing the Ace but it does seem that they both have a bit different specs it seems they are both good in different ways,Can anyone help me to decide which is the better?

Comments

• jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Neither,

You can get much better phones at the same price.

What network are you on? And what's your budget?
  • jezzerjezzer Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont really want to spend to much thats why i thought the £100 Ace or Fame would be best,Im on Voadafone.
    Forum Member
    jezzer wrote: »
    Dont really want to spend to much thats why i thought the £100 Ace or Fame would be best,Im on Voadafone.

This is a much much much much much better phone for the price.

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/huawei-ascend-g510-black-payg

Don't buy the samsung just because of the brand. It is hugely overpriced at that price point and other companies like Nokia (520), Huawei (G510) and others do better phones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi funny just looking at that when you said there was better phones,The only reason i have said about the samsung Ace is thats the phone my daughter has had since xmas,And it is nice but like i had said ive not been into phones for a long time,At the moment im using a nokia 3510i because i couldn't be bothered getting a better phone when my Motorla V551 died on me.
    Forum Member
    Hi funny just looking at that when you said there was better phones,The only reason i have said about the samsung Ace is thats the phone my daughter has had since xmas,And it is nice but like i had said ive not been into phones for a long time,At the moment im using a nokia 3510i because i couldn't be bothered getting a better phone when my Motorla V551 died on me.

aha.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's a bad phone. Just saying that for the money you'd be paying you can get better phones now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers will i feel i dont need a samsung just because of the name,I do want to have a Android system.

Cheers for the good advice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im really sold on the Huawei as ive just watched a youtube review,I guess what i really want out of a phone is the wifi part then next is the camera.
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's a bad phone.
    It is a bad phone though - it's too old, the internal memory is so low it's ill-equipped to handle apps.
    The Fame is a definite step up.
    Forum Member
    Step666 wrote: »
    It is a bad phone though - it's too old, the internal memory is so low it's ill-equipped to handle apps.
    The Fame is a definite step up.

The ace is alright for someone who doesn't need all the features of a smartphone but wants a taste of the experience.

But at the asking price it's totally not worth it.

Hence why i recommend the Huawei Ascend G510 or Nokia Lumia 520.
  • 1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you mean the Samsung galaxy ace, thats still being sold at the carphone warehouse, or do you mean the newer galaxy ace 2?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was talking about the old Ace that carphone warehouse is still selling.

I got to say my daughter does have quite some apps on hers and it seems to be ok no hanging.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was talking about the old Ace that carphone warehouse is still selling.

I got to say my daughter does have quite some apps on hers and it seems to be ok no hanging.

Ah OK thats the older one, is £100 youre upper limit?
    youve said you want Android, and pay as you go?
    as for £120 you can get the newer ace2

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/SAMSUNG_GALAXY_ACE_2/PPAY?colourCode=BLACK
    http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/choose-tariff/SAMSUNG_GALAXY_ACE_2/PPAYUPG?viewDealForAll=false&colourCode=BLACK&modelName=Samsung%20Galaxy%20Ace%202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't know you could get the Ace 2 for as little as £120.
    Forum Member
    Didn't know you could get the Ace 2 for as little as £120.

Ace 2 is worth it for £120.

However that is the pay as you go upgrade price so as long as you have a pay as you go sim that has been topped up for 6 months then you can get it. And it's a good price for the Ace 2. The standard £150 price is ever so slightly overpriced but it's probably one of the top phones at that price point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok cheers for that advice,So whats the difference between the old Ace and the Ace 2.
    Forum Member
    Quite literally everything (as in every componant) is better about the Ace 2 than the original Ace.

Better screen
    Better battery
    Better processor
    Better software
    Better ram
    Better internal memory
    Better camera
    I could go on...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite literally everything (as in every componant) is better about the Ace 2 than the original Ace.

Better screen
    Better battery
    Better processor
    Better software
    Better ram
    Better internal memory
    Better camera
    I could go on...

As long as you don't update it to the jelly bean Software!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nothing wrong with my two phones running JB.
    Forum Member

What do you mean? I've actually heard the jellybean update is very good and stable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So then whats the best out of the Ace 2 and the Huawei G510? Cheers Again.
    Forum Member
    So then whats the best out of the Ace 2 and the Huawei G510? Cheers Again.

The Ace 2 is slightly better.

But remember the G510 is £90 where as the Ace 2 is £150.

If you can get it on Pay as you go upgrade then i'd suggest considering the £120 price point as a viable option. But that depends whether you want/have the need to exceed your budget.

If you're eligible for the £120 upgrade price i'd say it's worth the extra money. But it's not worth the £60 jump in normal price. (from £90 to £150)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean? I've actually heard the jellybean update is very good and stable.

On the ace 2, its really slow, and laggy. There is a problem with memory or something.

A lot of people, including myself, have reverted back to gingerbread
    Forum Member
    On the ace 2, its really slow, and laggy. There is a problem with memory or something.

I can't say i've used one with jellybean but all i've heard is positive feedback around the update after it was released.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Ace 2 is slightly better.

But remember the G510 is £90 where as the Ace 2 is £150.

If you can get it on Pay as you go upgrade then i'd suggest considering the £120 price point as a viable option. But that depends whether you want/have the need to exceed your budget.

If you're eligible for the £120 upgrade price i'd say it's worth the extra money. But it's not worth the £60 jump in normal price. (from £90 to £150)

Oyea i wouldn't want to be paying any more than £120 for the Ace 2.

Surely if a phone has allready got jellybean then it should be fine its just if you upgrade from gingerbread to jeallybean then you might have problems as that phone wasn't intended to run jellybean.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I can't say i've used one with jellybean but all i've heard is positive feedback around the update after it was released.

I've mostly heard negative feedback. There was a thread on here about it. Mine is still running Gingerbread and I'll leave it on that until I upgrade my phone again. Gingerbread works and it does what I want it to do.