Has anyone had a go at you on DS?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macsmurray wrote: »
    I was once called an idiot, but that barely counts.

why not?
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I once copied and pasted a little bit of text from an article (I think it was a silly comment about Lindsay Lohan off Dlisted website) and this man went bonkers and called me a pathetic loser:confused: Never did understand that
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well fender, apparently I was an idiot for only using one side of a petrol pump. So on that basis I dismissed it :)
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I once copied and pasted a little bit of text from an article (I think it was a silly comment about Lindsay Lohan off Dlisted website) and this man went bonkers and called me a pathetic loser:confused: Never did understand that

I love that website. I often giggle at the comments on there
  • Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One person said I make him sick, but apart from that, no.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    designer84 wrote: »
    I love that website. I often giggle at the comments on there

I find Michael K hilarious, easily my fave showbiz website
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    One thing I have found is that you cant just post your view without having a damn good reason for it. If you can't back it up you are basically ripped to shreds! Sometimes, its just what you think or how you feel, its not always logical!

Also, be sure to make sure your post is absolutely devoid of ambiguity, intended or not...you get killed for that shit on here!:D

On a similar note, you have to beware the perils of hyperbole.

I dunno how many times I've started to write something like "...and most people manage without having to..." and then go back and change it to something like "...a lot of people manage without..." to avoid the inevitable debate about whether I've actually polled everybody on the planet in order to establish that "most" people comply with my assertion.

Around here you can't say "Most people think grass is green" without having some pedant taking issue with your use of the word "most".
    And don't even think about using words like "all" or "everybody" in a similar context.
    Forum Member
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Well now Si, how did i know that? You should of been more specific in your OP.

What am I? Your forum tutor? :mad:
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Years ago someone kinda had a go at me on here, then went and discussed it with her pal (offline or online I don't know), and the pal told her she was in the wrong, so she pm'd me to apologise. It was to do with religion - Islam/Buddhism - but I can't actually remember what her beef was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Years ago someone kinda had a go at me on here, then went and discussed it with her pal (offline or online I don't know), and the pal told her she was in the wrong, so she pm'd me to apologise. It was to do with religion - Islam/Buddhism - but I can't actually remember what her beef was.

that was nice of her. Fair play. I like people who can admit being wrong. I can do it.
  • workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    One thing I have found is that you cant just post your view without having a damn good reason for it. If you can't back it up you are basically ripped to shreds! Sometimes, its just what you think or how you feel, its not always logical!

Also, be sure to make sure your post is absolutely devoid of ambiguity, intended or not...you get killed for that shit on here!:D

I have to laugh at one poster here who runs to quote Wikipedia in an obsessive manner.he comes across as a fool.
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fender101 wrote: »
    that was nice of her. Fair play. I like people who can admit being wrong. I can do it.
    Yes, it was very decent of her. Most people wouldn't bother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it was very decent of her. Most people wouldn't bother.

well quite. Credit to her. It takes something to admit you were wrong. I like it when people have the guts to do that.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a creepy tag team follow me round from time to time and disagree with my posts for the sheer fun of it. Been on forums for years now and seen it all before, kind of flattering people think you're fascinating enough to merit a bit of post stalking.:D Best not to feed their fetish by replying, though.

Someone told me they'd got PMs about me, before, by someone wanting them to confirm their suspicion I was making stuff up. Which seems peculiar. Why care so badly? The stuff I was on about was hardly putting myself in a good light or referring to anything anyone normal could be envious of.

I've come to the conclusion some people need to get out more. Or maybe have a good shag, if they find me such an object of such passionate interest they must be bloody desperate.:D
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    What am I? Your forum tutor? :mad:

What? :confused:

Put that quote the other way round, get me? :cool:
    Forum Member
    What? :confused:

Put that quote the other way round, get me? :cool:

Nope, but I can live with that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, but I can live with that.

Glad to help :)
    Forum Member
    Glad to help :)

If you're happy, I'm happy for you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're happy, I'm happy for you.

Thank you :)

And they're was me thinking you didn't care, glad i could help :cool:
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was once a "scottishwoody is a c**t" thread started in chatter.

I was so offended - they didn't even have the decency to capitalise the S and the W!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macsmurray wrote: »
    Well fender, apparently I was an idiot for only using one side of a petrol pump. So on that basis I dismissed it :)

Ive used both sides with no probs. :confused:
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was so offended - they didn't even have the decency to capitalise the S and the W!

Maybe next time :):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm waiting for a 'halojoe appreciation' thread. More chance of a 'halojoe is a C' thread i guess :(
  • Seb ScorchSeb Scorch Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    fender101 wrote: »
    You occasionally get it. I don't know why. I am not up myself by any means. I am friendly. I never say anything rude to other posters even if I disagree with them. Some people seem to have a problem understanding a friendly discussion Forum.

WUM^.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seb Scorch wrote: »
    WUM^.

what me?? I'm no WUM.
This discussion has been closed.