Joe McElderry - Here's What I Believe

Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
Forum Member
You may know him as a former X Factor winner, this is his first single from his new album, here is a live performance of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLda7h9Ciaw

Here is the studio version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMlIRsJckfM

It's out in the UK & Ireland now, you can get it here:
Itunes: http://t.co/TB8CqsH7
Amazon UK: http://t.co/QpdyqWWl
Play: http://t.co/WFTGhnJ0
Tesco: http://t.co/VLZlYEVj

Thoughts?

Comments

• darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's what I believe - He Still sounds like a chipmunk on helium. :D
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts are that it is a great song, written by Joe himself. I downloaded it from Amazon and it was nice to see him credited as composer! I love it and hope it does well.

He is a tenor and can do falsetto which lots of singers try to do but don't do it correctly. After his opera training Joe has a three octave range!
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member

How can you say that for a 21 year old? It's just falsetto.
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite pleasant but still very MOR and unadventurous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soullover wrote: »

I prefer unadventurous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love musical music and words I can hear without constantly having to replay..... so this does it for me..... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's done dance pop, he's done flipping opera, what more do you want? Rap and dubstep?
  • billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wow - for 3 years now you have being using the same comment - has anyone but you ever laughed at it? :rolleyes:
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's done dance pop, he's done flipping opera, what more do you want? Rap and dubstep?
    I don't 'want' anything :cool: -just commenting on the music I heard. Isn't that why the thread was started?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some male singers would die to have such a great voice range, especially the falsetto:rolleyes:

Lovely voice, at least he can sing:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't 'want' anything :cool: -just commenting on the music I heard. Isn't that why the thread was started?

I guess so, have you heard any of his other albums?
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice song nice vocal but that's just it. I don't see radio play and a hit

But good for Joe he has a career in music which he obviously loves and as long as he is making a profit and keeping the label happy then I am sure he is happy too.
    Forum Member
    How can you not see a hit in this? His first single was similar and got to No. 1 eventually (but that was obviously straight after XF), Ambitions was completely different yet got to No. 6 which is still good. This is what he is mainly known for, ballads. And according to twitter, he is getting some sort of radio play this coming week.
  • billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    How can you not see a hit in this? His first single was similar and got to No. 1 eventually (but that was obviously straight after XF), Ambitions was completely different yet got to No. 6 which is still good. This is what he is mainly known for, ballads. And according to twitter, he is getting some sort of radio play this coming week.

The song has been released today with no promo, no video and no airplay (as far as I am aware it is not even being sent to radio until tomorrow), so I'd very much doubt it will make any impact on the charts. The promo / focus single will be about selling the album not the single :)
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »

In order for a song to be a hit, you need airplay support from Capital and Radio 1. Joe's target demographic isn't really Top 40 listeners, so I don't see any hit stations supporting this song or playlisting it. The Climb's success came off the back of the massive X-Factor hype and the millions of people that tuned in every week and voted. Ambitions peaked high due to his fanbase going out and buying it, along with it being a pre-album single and The X-Factor appearance. Yet it dropped like a stone soon afterwards.

With the current state of the album charts at the moment, I don't even know if his album will shift much. Good luck to him though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can safely say that his Massive fanbase will be buying it! :D
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    I can safely say that his Massive fanbase will be buying it! :D

Well, it's not got that much promotion. How many singles do you know that have made the top 10 with little promotion?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea. But my post was a play on words - Massive fanbase = the McElderry Massive! :D
    Forum Member
    I think if he released a music video for it or kept encouraging people to buy it on Twitter (worked for Conor Maynard!) then it'll set the charts alight, but I do wanna see it selling a decent amount considering that he has worked quite hard on it, including the album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A music video is being made for it (from Joe's tweets on July 26th)
  • Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will definitely be buying his album, he's on top form. He deserves every success with this new single and album. :)
    Forum Member
    A music video is being made for it (from Joe's tweets on July 26th)

Any idea of when it'll be on YouTube?
    Forum Member
    Will definitely be buying his album, he's on top form. He deserves every success with this new single and album. :)

Someone who's a fan! :cool:

I still think there is some promotion coming up this week, it should do better than Someone Wake Me Up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    His voice reminds me of Will Young's a bit.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joe is a great singer even if the single dosen't do well the album will I love his classic & classic christmas albums.