Pam Anderson
    Shawn Johnson

WIldcards (vote for one):
    Carson Kressley
    Kyle Massey
    Sabrina Bryan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I think the selection of male contestants is good but the females are questionable. I enjoyed watching Pamela, Bristol and Kelly and look forward to seeing them again but I would have preferred three celebrities with more natural ability.

I think it's a little strange to have Shawn, Gilles and Melissa all competing since they all made the final in the same season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CORRECTION:*

Men:
    Apolo Ohno
    Helio Castronevez
    Drew Lachey
    Emmitt Smith
    Gilles Marini
    Joey Fatone

Women:
    Kelly Monaco
    Kirstie Alley
    Melissa Rycroft
    Pam Anderson
    Shawn Johnson
    Bristol Palin

WIldcards (vote for one):
    Carson Kressley
    Kyle Massey
    Sabrina Bryan

*Forgot to list Bristol earlier.
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how they will pair them up.
  • Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    Disappointed that Mel B will not be participating. I guess she was too busy to take part.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bristol also seems a strange choice because the comments on the ABC website seem to suggest she isn't popular with the majority of fans. (if so, how did she get to the final?)

I suppose she's the token "controversial" contestant.

The female line-up is very underwhelming :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to seeing Apollo, Helio and Giles, the female celebs, Shawn and Sabrina fine and Pammy too, but what the heck, who came up with Bristol, please no, stopped watching the series she was in.

Thought we would see the best of the best, for the All Stars cast, Like others have said, it's somewhat underwhelming. I want to see a real competiton, with the creme de la creme from past series, imo this isn't hitting the mark:rolleyes:

Suppose Julianne won't be back, so I will be interested to see who Apollo and Helio are paired with. I would have liked Mel B back with Maks too. Feel a bit half hearted about watching this series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how they will pair them up.

Only Maks, Tony, Mark, Kym and Cheryl--half the cast--can possibly be paired with their original partners. Unless they bring back Julianne Hough, Damian Whitewood and/or Alec Mazo.

If Carson gets voted the wildcard slot it's possible he could be paired with Anna again.

Kelly Monaco hinted long ago that IF she came back and IF she were paired with Derek, etc. So it sounds like that's who she wants.

Deena Katz says she pairs the couples according to height, first, then personality.

Cheryl Burke said she only wanted to dance with Gilles, and Gilles said he only wanted to dance with Cheryl. So I'd be surprised if they were paired with anyone but each other. And it's a good bet they'll pair Maks and Kirstie, and Tony and Melissa Rycroft. And probably Kym with Joey. That's 4, and Mark will undoubtedly be paired with one of his old partners, either Bristol, or Shawn, or Sabrina, if she gets the wildcard slot.

Maks said some old pros would be leaving and some new ones would be coming in. Who knows how much he knows, if anything.
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Shame Master P couldn't come back. :(:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    Shame Master P couldn't come back. :(:p

He'd certainly have been a more interesting choice than Bristol! At least he was funny at times and he genuinely didn't care about the competition at all.

I hope Sabrina gets the wildcard slot. There aren't enough good female dancers as it is. Carson was mildly amusing at the beginning, but we've seen all he has to offer. Kyle was just a bit "meh" for me.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Val has just tweeted 'I got a job now ... Thanx #DWTS ;)' so guess he'll be partnering someone!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Camis wrote: »
    Val has just tweeted 'I got a job now ... Thanx #DWTS ;)' so guess he'll be partnering someone!

Yes, ABC has a page listing the returning professionals:

Anna, Chelsie, Cheryl, Karina, Kym, Peta, Derek, Maks, Mark, Tony, Tristan and Val. They will add one more when the wildcard has been chosen.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/professionals

They also have a page for returning judges and hosts--same as before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirstie has known all along she'd be paired with Maks:

Kirstie Alley ‏@kirstiealley
    LOL.. not allowed to say who we're paired with yet...ugh.. hard to keep my mouth shut! thus, the trip to Italy..;) EXCITED!!

See how good I am at keeping secrets?? Been sittin on this since before Christmas!!! . You're secrets are safe with me!! Stiff compettition!
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing Pammy will be with Tristan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirstie has known all along she'd be paired with Maks:

LOL.. not allowed to say who we're paired with yet...ugh.. hard to keep my mouth shut! thus, the trip to Italy..;) EXCITED!!

See how good I am at keeping secrets?? Been sittin on this since before Christmas!!! . You're secrets are safe with me!! Stiff compettition!

I likes Kirstie's Cha Cha in week one, but none of her other dances were all that great. I can't say I'm all that excited to have her back, particularly as Mel isn't in the show. Knowing that she is an avid scientologist doesn't exactly help either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two things:

1) Anna can't be paired with Carson again, or Mark with Sabrina, even if they win the wildcard vote. Because the pairs are going to be announced August 13, eleven days before wildcard voting ends on August 24.

2) ABC's page of professional dancers may not have been updated from last season. When you click on Tristan's photo, it says he will be dancing with Miss Gladys Knight. Conrad Green supposedly said they will 'tweak' the judges, but again, ABC's page of judges & hosts show the same ones as before.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think that a man will will again because not only were they very popular with the public but they were also very good. Its going to be a very interesting season :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    I actually think that a man will will again because not only were they very popular with the public but they were also very good. Its going to be a very interesting season :)

It sure looks that way. We don't know yet who the wildcard is going to be, but of this list I'd wager two of the women will make early exits.
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pros were announced too except for the wildcard one, and they're the same as last season: Anna, Chelsie, Cheryl, Derek, Karina, Kym, Mark, Maks, Peta, Tony, Tristan and Val. Derek did an interview saying this was probably his swan song because he wants to move on and do other things, and DWTS takes up too much of his time to be able to do that.

Kelly Monaco more-or-less said in a soap opera fan event last weekend that she thought she'd be with Derek. Kirstie was on Good Afternoon America and more or less said she knew who her partner was and it wasn't Maks. She's a pretty big woman so I think it has to be Tony.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elsa wrote: »
    The pros were announced too except for the wildcard one, and they're the same as last season: Anna, Chelsie, Cheryl, Derek, Karina, Kym, Mark, Maks, Peta, Tony, Tristan and Val. Derek did an interview saying this was probably his swan song because he wants to move on and do other things, and DWTS takes up too much of his time to be able to do that.

Kelly Monaco more-or-less said in a soap opera fan event last weekend that she thought she'd be with Derek. Kirstie was on Good Afternoon America and more or less said she knew who her partner was and it wasn't Maks. She's a pretty big woman so I think it has to be Tony.

I don't believe the pros have been announced. The DWTS pro page hasn't been updated since last season. If you click on Tristan's photo, it says he will be dancing with Miss Gladys Knight. And Maks said some pros wouldn't be returning and there would be some new ones.

Some pros have said they will return--Derek, Cheryl, Mark, Tony--but Louie said "maybe."

But Kirstie said her partner wasn't Maks? Wow, I'm surprised.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't believe the pros have been announced. The DWTS pro page hasn't been updated since last season. If you click on Tristan's photo, it says he will be dancing with Miss Gladys Knight. And Maks said some pros wouldn't be returning and there would be some new ones.

Some pros have said they will return--Derek, Cheryl, Mark, Tony--but Louie said "maybe."

But Kirstie said her partner wasn't Maks? Wow, I'm surprised.

I'm confused. Someone else said Kirstie never said Maks wasn't going to be her partner but I haven't seen any video where she supposedly talked about it. Guess we just have to wait and see.
    Forum Member
    Karina and Helio they actually look good together, probably just a tease, but if Julianne is not coming back, they could be a good pairing.

https://twitter.com/h3lio/status/229035006796918784/photo/1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I like it!!! Someone guessed that pairing yesterday, so I'll have to take a closer look at their other guesses:

Apollo & Anna
    Drew & Chelsie or Lacey
    Helio & Karina
    Shawn & Derek
    Emmitt & Peta
    Kelly & Tristan
    Pamela & Val
    Bristol & Mark
    Forum Member
    I like it!!! Someone guessed that pairing yesterday, so I'll have to take a closer look at their other guesses:

Apollo & Anna
    Drew & Chelsie or Lacey
    Helio & Karina
    Shawn & Derek
    Emmitt & Peta
    Kelly & Tristan
    Pamela & Val
    Bristol & Mark

Yes this will be an interesting part, to see the final pairings. Not so sure about Apollo and Anna, the jury's out on that one. I have heard Chelsie's name thrown into the hat with Apollo, that may be, too obvious a choice, comparing her to Julianne. We could speculate endlessly:) quite enjoying that.

Height will have to play some part with the pairings, how tall is Peta, she has fewer choices than the other female pros, I would guess, as some of the male celebs are a bit shorter in stature?

Bristol and Mark please no:eek::eek::eek: I honestly have a low threshold of tolerance, where she is concerned.

I can't comment on Kelly, Emmitt or Drew as I haven't watched them. I only got hooked on the series when Julianne and Apollo were paired, so I have no idea of the former celebs' abilities or personalities.

I'm hoping Kelly is a runner, if she is paired with Tristan, he deserves a fair crack in this series?

I'm quite interested in the Pammy and Val pairing or I had heard her name linked with Tristan, either male pro would be entertaining;) She may liven Val up a bit:eek::):)