Any good horrors..or any horrors coming out ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
Forum Member
I dont seem to watch dvd's at the minute cos its light ..i like watching in the dark :D..so any out now, so i can get in winter time ? Also is there any good ones coming out..Whats that Dark Skies ? is it horror..i see that advertized on the buses and looks good lol

Comments

• TremseTremse Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dark Skies was out a couple of months ago. It has a couple of scenes that make you jump but I found it a bit predictable - btw, it's sci fi.

There's been a lack of good horror films for a while. So many promise much but deliver little.

Insidious: Chapter 2 is out in September, could be okay, also The Conjuring in August - Patrick Wilson is in both of those.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No One Lives and the remake of Maniac are well worth a watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last good horror I watched was Sinister. Superb stuff.

Dark Skies was pretty damn lame. The Purge was worth another watch to see if it was good or bad.

Looking forward to Insidious 2 but dammit they better have got rid of that demon.
  • manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No One Lives and the remake of Maniac are well worth a watch.

No One Lives is on Youtube, full movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y47XrReXQPE
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Carrie is out later this year with Chloe Moretz (the best young actress out there) in the starring role, expect she'll make that much better than it should be.

Obviously one's like Texas Chainsaw have just been released DVD wise and you've got a few 'comedy' type horrors in the likes of Chucky later this year. Decent list here or you can check IMDB too:

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/

My one to watch would be The Green Inferno. Likely out later this year, my recommendation for all here. Hopefully Roth has the balls to go far with this.
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you download via torrent sites or NZB's Aftershock is a very good gory disaster movie produced and featuring Eli Roth.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1780762/
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Sinister is the nuts, first decent horror i've watched in ages with a deliciously gothic soundtrack.

Finally got round to watching The Strangers the other night, wasn't bad but to say it's based on true events is pushing it a bit!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sinister was horrible....
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The main 2 coming out this Summer is Insidious: Chapter 2 and The Conjuring. Besides that i don't know what else is out there. Don't think this year will be a classic year for horror fans, although saying that i've heard very very good things about The Conjuring.

I've seen Maniac, it is absolutely nuts but i thoroughly enjoyed it. Elijah Wood was great in the main role. Nice to see a proper 18 movie for once!
  • nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is sinister the one with the snuff movies in it? Ethan hawke? If so I got about twenty mins into it and turned it off it gave me Heebie jeebies and im not normally a wuss with horror films
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I, Frankenstien will be coming out early next year. I'm not looking forward to it but it has a horror element to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the rest of 2013 the ones I know of are:

Carrie
    Paranormal Activity 5
    Insidious Part 2
    The Conjuring
    Under the Bed
    You're Next
    Curse of Chucky
    Where the Devil Hides
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    You're Next is suppose to be excellent, an interesting twist on the 'house invasion' film.

If you don't mind straight to DVD films, some decent ones that are out now and you could get for during winter:

Dead Mine
    The Facility
    Rabies
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're Next is suppose to be excellent, an interesting twist on the 'house invasion' film.

Yes, i've also heard very good things about You're Next. The female lead is the girl who played Cassie on Home and Away lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I agree, Sinister was very good.
    I've also recently seen Insidious and The Skeleton Key - I realise this is a few years old so you've probably seen it.

Skeleton Key
    When it sunk in what had happened to the children from the original family :(

Thanks for the tip for You're Next. That looks like something I'll enjoy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evil Dead :)
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I went to see The Purge there was a trailer before it for a movie about a group of people in a house in the countryside being killed by a man wearing a pig mask.

I looked like it might be decent.

I don't remember what the movie was called though.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can get the Horror Channel there's a rather good Dutch zombie on next Wednesday

http://horrorchannel.co.uk/shows.php?title=Kill Zombie!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if there will be another Freddy Vs Jason.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jason's due a film....
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BrING IT ON!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    When I went to see The Purge there was a trailer before it for a movie about a group of people in a house in the countryside being killed by a man wearing a pig mask.

I looked like it might be decent.

I don't remember what the movie was called though.

That could be You're Next. It looks good to me. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kine wrote: »
    That could be You're Next. It looks good to me. :)

Just checked it on YouTube and that's the one. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member

Probably not anytime soon. I recently read Friday the 13th rights had been bought back by Paramount. The Elm Street characters are owned by Warner Bros as far as I know. Englund has more or less retired from the role and the brand is in limbo after the remake sunk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    Sinister is the nuts, first decent horror i've watched in ages with a deliciously gothic soundtrack.

Finally got round to watching The Strangers the other night, wasn't bad but to say it's based on true events is pushing it a bit!

Totally agree about Sinister and the soundtrack is perfect. It adds so much to the creepiness of it.

The Strangers was a bit rubbish. I also watched that recently. Decent performance by Liv Tyler however.